• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I haven't logged in for almost five years...

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    So yeah, the last time I was here I was maybe fifteen... And the things I found in my profile were completely embarrassing, geez. I'm glad I've grown up a little since then. I'm getting back into Pokemon pretty hardcore, so I thought I'd come back to PokeCommunity and hang out with some fellow PokeFans, I guess. I really doubt anyone remembers me on a forum this big, but I work at Wal*Mart and I'm currently interning at a no-kill shelter for my veterinary technology degree. I'm playing Pokemon Black right now and I'm really looking forward to X and Y! Feel free to message me if you want my friend code or anything.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I know the feeling. I was 19 when I joined here and I'll admit that I was a bit embarassed in my information back then. Now 22 I have a better piece of mind. xD Welcome back to the community! Nice to see you back. :D

The feeling of getting back into Pokemon must have felt like bricks, because it's a huge nostalgia factor. xD I also can't wait for the arrival of X&Y, because it's a whole new region, and a whole new generation of Pokemon altogether. It's so amazing! Speculation of the new Pokemon game is happening right now at the Pokemon X & Y section of the forums, or, if you like, there are also numerous sections about the Pokemon games for each generation.

Hopefully you get adjusted to the changes, and be sure you give the rules a reread. If you're still confused, don't hesitate to ask questions to any staff member in bold blue, orange, or red. You can also shoot me a message as well! I'd love to help. :) See ya around :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    I never got entirely out of Pokemon but my interest certainly waned a little after I tried to play Diamond.. It's an okay game but it's not really on par with those before or after it. I need to finish it and HeartGold and see if either of my 3rd gen games still work because I never beat them, either!

Years
  • I don't think we've ever met before, but welcome back to PC!

I know what it's like, disappearing for years and then coming back to find everything so different. PC has sure undergone big improvements and changes since your unexpected leave all those years ago. We have new staff, some sections getting reorganized and/or name changes, and new skins but we're still the PC you know and love. I was 18 when I joined here and now I'm 20, to be 21 in October. We have loads of members feeling excited about Pokemon X & Y, such as myself, so feel free to check out the Pokemon X & Y forums if you want to contribute to the ongoing discussion there. And wow you're a worker at Wal-Mart I see? We have a staff member here, named XanderO, who does a similar job at a Toys R Us store so he'd know how hard it would be working in a big shop like that.

You should also check out the Fifth Generation section here as well, since I heard you're playing Pokemon Black. There's also the Trade Corner and Battle Center right underneath it, which are also popular with those traders and battlers that lurk PC a lot. I'm sure you'll love hanging out there, since we also have a Pokemon Showdown server where you can battle and chat with fellow members (I've got a link to that in my signature btw). As Cirno said, even if you're an old member I advise asking any staff members or giving the rules a re-read.

Have a great time, and I do hope you stick around this time!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Wow five years such a long time! Welcome back to the forums Kayota!

Many people here been where you are when it comes to forgetting about Pokemon. I agree Diamond and Pearl didn't stand out to me as much and they're far my favorite games. Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver make up for those though and I loved the rest of Gen IV! Pokemon X and Y look like they'll be fun games and I'm really excited for them as well. I've been wanting to avoid as much spoilers as possible , but reading about news about them is also really fun. I can't stop trying to keep up with it all. The X and Y section is the place to go for discussions and speculations on the games.

5 years feels like such a long time, really. I haven't met you before, so it's good to know you. There's been a lot of changes since then. I'm sure the forum look totally different than it did back then. New sections were added, new mods appointed, new forums names, new rules and a whole bunch of stuff. I bet getting used to all the new stuff is overwhelming but hang in there. I hope you get reacquainted with this place in no time. You may have some old friends too who you can catch up with. And of course you make a bunch of new friends too, such as myself. I've been here for over a year and have gotten really addicted to this place. Hope you can readjust and adapt to the changes and new rules. Remember you can ask a staff member (those in blue,orange and red) for any help. :)

I hope to see you around often once again and hope you enjoy it once again too! Have fun and you can send me a VM if you like. :)

Years
  • Hey there Kayota, welcome back to PC!

Hey, I was 15 when I joined PC! :P And like you, I find a lot of my earlier stuff here on PC to be immature, but it's a part of growing up.

As for getting back into Pokémon, PC has actually kept my interest rather consistent with Pokémon, because before I joined here, I was going on and off with my Pokémon interest. And since joining PC, I have bought one game every release since the release of HG/SS, and I hope to get X or Y as soon as that comes out :)

Anyways, if you have any questions, remember not to hesitate in asking the staff here at PC, and I hope you enjoy your welcome back! ^_^

Back