• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Heard of Stupidity But...

Do you think he should sue the police over the event?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    I think this takes the cake:
    Times Herald - Record said:
    Who says a misdemeanor is no big deal? The Tuxedo Police Department, which goes weeks between felony arrests, is being sued for a misdemeanor collar Officer Anthony Delia made last December.
    Delancey resident Eric Merring is suing the department in federal court, alleging violations of his civil rights when he was arrested on a weapons possession charge after he was stopped for speeding.
    According to the suit, Delia and Sgt. Patrick Welsh arrested Merring for possessing a handgun even though he had a license to do so.
    Welsh repeatedly told Merring he hated guns, didn't think Merring should have a gun because he was with the National Rifle Association and said it was OK for him to carry a gun because he's a good shot, according to the suit.
    The weapons charge was eventually dismissed and Merring pleaded to a charge of parking illegally.
    But, the suit contends, Merring was "humiliated and embarrassed in front of his father and publicly," arrested without probable cause, had his vehicle illegally searched and property illegally seized.
    For his humiliation, Merring would like $1 million.
    What do you think of this, personally I think Merring is entitled to the money.

Source:https://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071125/NEWS/71124002/-1/NEWS
    (bottom story)

Blake55

Trainer
    Years
    I see why he would sue but i dont think hes going to get a million dollars that seems a little extreme, but ive never been arrested so I don't know what its like.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Lol, No definitely not a million dollars...

I can't understand what those Police were thinking though, He had it licensed to him, so he couldn't have had a weapons charge o_O

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    1 million bucks? lmao.

He should just ask for a get-out-of-jail free card.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    He deserves nothing to be honest. I think it's kind of funny really. Police pulled him over because he was speeding...Found he had a gun, they searched his car and let him off?

humiliated sure...

Seems like the kind of person who would sue anybody for a Million dollars if he had the slightest chance at it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Here, the police reserve the right to stop anyone without reason, really pisses the Americans off, hehe.
    Now, speeding, having a gun, then being arrested? I'm hardly surprised... and the weapons charge, even though he had a licence, again doesn't surprise me, the police are always making these mishaps...

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Well maybe 1,000 or more, but a million 0_0 He had a licence to carry it around so what is with the cops??

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    I see why he would sue but i dont think hes going to get a million dollars that seems a little extreme, but ive never been arrested so I don't know what its like.

i wouldn't be so sure about that considering that...

a lady got her finger chopped off ( i have no idea why) keeps the finer, and goes to Wendy's, orders a chili drops the finger in the chili adn sues..she won like 2 million dollars...

Back