• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I help the ill...

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
Years
  • I couldn't explain everything in the title, so here's the situation.

You have been obligated to help someone, who is ill and suffers from depression. (Do not ask why you are obligated, just go with it) And everytime you try to help the patient, he/she always brings down the situation, gets mad, and becomes violent to him/herself and everyone around him/her. You have tried almost everything...

What would you do to help? If all else fails? What if what your were trying, didn't really help the patient?

Alright, this one has some rules.
    1. No saying "Forget emos" or any rude comments.
    2. Death is not an option for the patient.
    3. Try your best, think of something that can prove to be incredibly supportive to the patient.
    4. Be mature, do not say anything disrepectful or inhumane. Remember, the patient is also a human being, like you, and looks no different from a regular person.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Feed them drugs, get them drunk, and get them laid.

Of course, all using his or her money, not yours.

Get them addicted to Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Ecchi, Ninentendo Wii, Bleach, Naruto.

Feed him/her candy. Tons of candy.

Get them into 100 more addictions.

Make them get a manual labor job.

Get them addicted to Pokemon Community.

Get them addicted to Aqua and Toy Box.

Force him or her to hit on people.

Make them fight somebody and win.

------------------------------------

Hehe :P

If he or her still has some desire to make their life valuable, it's up to them and I can't do a thing that'll really help. I can only help them kill time.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Well personally, I'd do whatever possible, just have to keep digging in a possible manner. The right music could help. I don't know but there's no way I could live with myself if I gave up and I'd probabley get attached to the patient.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    *Breaks into interpretive dance, singing*

"OH EMO..OH EMO KIDS..EMO KIDS, OH YEAH..."

I'm not sure how I would handle that. Dude, If they don't want help, and feel like their life is that miserable, I can't force them to be optimistic about things =/

I would try to help..but I wouldn't let myself be brought into their misery with them. Getting them wasted might help temporarilly. Actually no..that would be like, a last resort xD

I'd rather approach them by being "real," rather than just telling them things they would want to hear.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Well, First I would just say:
    "LIGHTEN UP!
    DEPRESSION IS AN EMOTION, NOT A SICKNESS, YOU SAD LITTLE *****!!!"

if that doesn't work,
    Make sure to point out the joys of life,
    such as things that are happy, joyful-
    Get to know your pateint. What made them happy before,
    and get them material objects relating to the "Happynessgemthingy".

If that doesn't work,
    then... go ask someone else.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • I couldn't explain everything in the title, so here's the situation.

You have been obligated to help someone, who is ill and suffers from depression. (Do not ask why you are obligated, just go with it) And everytime you try to help the patient, he/she always brings down the situation, gets mad, and becomes violent to him/herself and everyone around him/her. You have tried almost everything...

What would you do to help? If all else fails? What if what your were trying, didn't really help the patient?

Alright, this one has some rules.
    1. No saying "Forget emos" or any rude comments.
    2. Death is not an option for the patient.
    3. Try your best, think of something that can prove to be incredibly supportive to the patient.
    4. Be mature, do not say anything disrepectful or inhumane. Remember, the patient is also a human being, like you, and looks no different from a regular person.

you gotta first see if this person is able to be helped. unfortunately, there are such things as lost causes.

and also... "Help offered when not wanted is often no help at all". it's an unfortunate truth.

if you're as patient and persistent as I am when it comes to trying to help someone in need, you'll eventually solve it like a rubik's cube. You just need to keep searching till you find that one penetrable spot.

sometimes people need a slap to the face or an "I told you so".

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I'm a med/dental student so this crap comes up all the time. Its all about making good impressions, calming them down, being respectful, explaining simply whats going to happen... and then doing it anyway (even if theyre scared or not). 9/10 mood disorders are down to the own persons perception, confidence and (in)ability to rationally handle situations, so it's them who you should to appeal to first.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • I'm a med/dental student so this crap comes up all the time. Its all about making good impressions, calming them down, being respectful, explaining simply whats going to happen... and then doing it anyway (even if theyre scared or not). 9/10 mood disorders are down to the own persons perception, confidence and (in)ability to rationally handle situations, so it's them who you should to appeal to first.

well put... even though 67.89% of statistics are made up on the spot... I really agree with you about the mood disorders...

Back