• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just can't get you out of my head!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • See, I should have used THAT title when coming up with the last earworm thread...
    Urban Dictionary said:
    earworm: A song that sticks in your mind, and will not leave no matter how much you try.

The best way to get rid of an earworm is to replace it with another. Be prepared to become a jukebox.

First off, how often do earworms get stuck in your head? Second, what songs do this to you? Third, just talk some more about earworms... OK? Great! :D

Years
  • I don't suffer from earworms. Perhaps my memory and/or attention span aren't sufficiently strong enough. In any case, it always fascinates me when someone complains of being afflicted with this peculiar parasite. And when I say "fascinates" I also mean "annoys" because of the incessant singing of the same lyric 20 times in a day.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I have them sometimes. Just depends on my mood. When I'm feeling good I'm listening to a lot of less melodic stuff and when I'm down it's all about melody and that tends to get things stuck in my head. It freaking sucks. I'm jarred already, I don't need the same chorus from a depressing song running through my head a million times. Ugh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Constantly omg. I wake up almost every morning with a song stuck in my head. I had that stupid One Direction song in my head this morning. No clue why. It was literally right when I woke up. The slightest phrase can cause some song to get stuck in my head though. It can be annoying at times.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    All. The. ****ing. Time. Sometimes it can be pleasant like the title theme of Mirror's Edge or it can be something like something from Justine Biever, they can get to me at any given time almost instantly and can stay in the confines of my mind for days on end sadly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    They just happen randomly like I'll just be sitting in my chair and I'll belt out a song then it'll be stuck in my head the rest of the day. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it never seems to go away. Any catchy song from the radio (notice I said catchy not good) will do this to me ugh it can get annoying at times.

Sir Codin

Oh God, there's a lot of music that gets stuck in my head. Either an amazing chorus or a beautiful and powerful piece of instrumentation. It happens quite often for me.

Recently, this song outro has been stuck in my head.

I could listen to this all day.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Happens randomly to me too. It just depends on the last song I heard before turning it off, or to a song that all of sudden just popped in my head (if I have not listened to music in a while). My most recent was the Pokemon Japanese ending song "Pokettari Monstari" that first verse

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It's fitting that I've had Don't You Forget About Me by Simple minds (The Breakfast Club song!!!!) stuck in my head for the past few days. Trust me, if there's something I'm not doing, it's forgetting about that song. That bloody 80s piano riff in the chorus, ugh.

Don't you

80S PIANO RIFF

Forget about me

Don't don't don't don't

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • The song "Call Me Maybe" got stuck on my head with the theme song "In my head"

Hey I just met you and this is crazy so Call Me Maybe!

But I sometimes I got bored when listening to it... :)

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • It's fitting that I've had Don't You Forget About Me by Simple minds (The Breakfast Club song!!!!) stuck in my head for the past few days. Trust me, if there's something I'm not doing, it's forgetting about that song. That bloody 80s piano riff in the chorus, ugh.

Don't you

80S PIANO RIFF

Forget about me

Don't don't don't don't

Same! I couldn't stop listening to it the first time I watched Breakfast Club. Such a great song that befits the film's ending.

It also played on a 30 Rock episode IIRC, that fueled up my love for Don't You Forget About Me too. c:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, I do have earworms here and there, but I eventually forget them in a few days or weeks. This usually happens after I hear a really good song after a few hours, sometimes days.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • This happens all the time to me. It's kind of annoying too since the earworms I get are usually songs I hate like "Call Me Maybe" or "Somebody I Used To Know" or "Friday" by Rebecca Black. Fortunately, it's been songs I like recently like this one, my current earworm:

Usually I either listen to it a couple times, or think of another song.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I get them all the time. Most of the time, my earworm is:

Last edited by a moderator:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Thankfully, my earworms are songs I love. Namely Zebrahead, Anberlin, and Skillet. Right now though, my earworm is this:

P-Roach going back to their bases? I like.

Years
  • 1)I have earworms ALL THE TIME. I also can't help but sing said song out loud (bad habit) which I drives my family crazy. 2) It can be any song, but it tends to be pop, 80's, disney or something similar (or like angsty boy band songs or whatever you'd call that genre)

3) So, did you hear what the earworm said to his mother...
    Spoiler:

^ Please excuse this. I'm REALLY tired.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I didn't know there was a term for this... lol But indeed I do, with me it can be any genre of music. It happens often as well, i'm not a big fan of it sometimes seeing as when you have a little sister who loves to blast mainstream pop songs in the car everyday xD Good thing I have a ipod ^-^

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'll have a different earworm every day. Sometimes it changes every hour. Depends what song a situation reminds me of. Usually, when I wake up and think of/listen to a song first thing in the morning, chances are, that song is going to be my earworm for the day (I hope I'm using the word right). Then I'll listen to another song and that song gets latched onto me. And the process repeats itself many more times throughout the day. XD

Pretty much any song can become an earworm for me. It doesn't even have to be catchy - it can be anything from a ballad to a pure pop song to a heavy metal song.

Back