• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I just love Wonder Trading

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
  • So, I thought I should try out this "Wonder Trade". SO, I started by sending my lv 7 Metapod. And ---- I got a Lv.32 Gabite in return. Then I tried trading another Pokémon, and I got my favourite Pokémon - A lv.15 Torchic <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Wonder trade is niiiiicee.
    It helps you get cooler stuff at the loto-id (it's almost impossible to get 2 pokemon with the same OT from wonder trade).
    If you are starting you may get pokes that you wouldn't be able to see until you finish the game (like fossils, safari pokes and unobtainable pokemon).
    It helps with breeding because sometimes you will get a poke which isn't flawless but has a decent amount of perfect IVs (I got a chikorita with 4 IVs once :) ).
    Also, it's fun to get random pokemon, you never know what you will receive.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • And it helps completing the Pokédex :D I love my Torchic. I stopped it from evolving so I could always have it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • When I breed, I send the leftovers via wondertrade, so sometime I got something cool for it, and sometime nah, so I release them (because I have way too much pokemon to trade, I cannot keep re-trade always the same ones)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Best wonder trade I ever did. I put in a Bunnelby, and I get a Shiny Kyogre in return. Great Success!!!!

Years
  • I stopped caring for Wonder Trade a long time ago, but I have gotten some cool stuff off of it like a Japanese 4 IV/Egg Move Absol, and an Abra with Magic Guard. But for the most part I just don't care for Wonder Trade at all anymore.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I mostly trade breeding leftovers as well, mostly Ponytas with egg-moves. The best I've gotten is a shiny Venusaur. I was downright shocked to recieve it. I checked and it's not obviously hacked either...It was a great help whilst completing the Pokedex as well. I even recieved some members of my Team though Wondertrade like a bred Squirtly named Thud that is now a level 100 Blastoise.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I got a lv. 100 5IV shiny Pumpkaboo through WT. Then it evolved, of course. And it has a nickname. And it's one of my favorites.

Jackpot.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't done any wonder-trade in a decently long time, but it's definitely a pretty fun-filled feature. It delivers you a feeling of mystery and suspense, as you have no idea what Pokémon you might wind up getting, and eventually to excitement, if you get your hands on something you actually like.

I've gotten a ton of Pokémon from this little feature, with one of my most favorites being Beldum (which is now Metagross). All its IVs were perfect, thankfully, which is something that isn't very easy to achieve.

Reactions: Sun

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Got a Spiritomb with a nice spread of IVs (both Specials and Speed).

I've only just started breeding, so I don't have much of that to pass on, but I do go out and spend time in Victory Road for trade fodder instead of Pidgeys and Bidoofs.

I also have fun just slapping random TMs on 'em.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • So, I thought I should try out this "Wonder Trade". SO, I started by sending my lv 7 Metapod. And ---- I got a Lv.32 Gabite in return. Then I tried trading another Pokémon, and I got my favourite Pokémon - A lv.15 Torchic <3

Hah, I used to do that when I was fooling around with the Wonder Trade at the start of the game. Used to deposit wild Pokemon I caught and WT them off. Post-E4, I had 350+ Pokemon registered in my National Dex. It's definitely a good way to fill your Dex and be surprised, but as I wrapped up the storyline and went on to breeding I started to WT off rare Pokemon with decent IVs from my projects. It's just a way of giving back when I have the means to.

There's also something pretty big going on regarding Wonder Trade Etiquette. It's nice food for thought. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is it good etiquette to leave whatever you want in Wonder Trade? Because I don't want to screw anyone up. :P

I used to do this sort of thing, and would leave Pokémon such as Pidgey, Budew, Duskull, and so forth. Not sure if I wound up upsetting anyone, but since some people does not like getting a hold of Pokémon like those (I personally don't mind; have been sending them into Wonder Trade because I had another copy of each one, and didn't want to actually release anything), I probably have. Haha.

Years
  • I only ever put the "common" pokes on wonder trade because I got them from a wonder trade. I take a TM and teach it to them, usually, though.

I put up a Flabebes in the beginning because I didn't even know they were considered bad until much later...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    One point, a while ago, I sent off a pokemon and got my favorite pokemon, in shiny form. Eevee!! Today, I was fiddling with wonder trade and sent off a pokemon and got a shiny Salamence ^.^

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Given the number of times that I've gotten a Charmander over Wonder Trade- I have come to the conclusion that every living being on earth is breeding a Charizard for their competitive team.

Have Stone Edge, will conquer.

Back