• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just saw the newest opening of Pokemon DP and...

yoshi12370

Bouncing along!
Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    HOLY SHITAKE! Nando? Ursula? CONWAY?

Ash's Monferno and Grotle EVOVLES? and Dawn gets a TOGEKISS?

LEGENDARYS EVERYWHERE!

Best. Opening. EVER!

Discuss.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    So...uh...where can we watch the opening? I can only find the instrumental version from the Dotchi Nyo CD

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Be aware, spoilers abound.

Spoiler:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Oh wow, just watched it. It's really cool. Love how they put the Ash and Paul thing at the end ~ And they really managed to shove in all the legendaries o.o I love the actual song and can't wait for the full version to come out ~ And Grotle and Monferno have eveolved, good. I wish Buizel would evolve to, it would be great if Ash had a full evolved team (apart from Pikachu, obviously.)

It's sang by Akiyoshi Fumie who sang Together

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I am hearing the squeals of a thousand fanboys. Thank you, Pokemon, I am not getting any sleep tonight.

Or perhaps Monferno evolving WAS my nightmare? I can only hope...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Just realised that they placed the Mew and Mewtwo scene in space and in *just about* the same place as they did in Mezase Pokemon Master. Wow o.O

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I have the stuff from the Dotchi Nyo CD (there's also a new version of Ashita wa Kitto), but the quality doesn't sound good...well, it's alright, but all the ones I've found sounds like it's been copied from Nicovideo or something

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Nice, awesome I cannot add more .)
    Legendaries, Ash's gonna get 2 fully evolved Sinnoh starters (I really didn't expect Torterra...) and there was even Lucario!
    It seems that this season will be last from DP arc... nice we can move to Johto BF/5 gen :)

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    It's too funny because just yesterday, I said on some thread that I don't think they'd make another season. I guess wrong. XD

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • yup benthekid just showed me that it looks awesome :D i cant wait to see it in english ^_^

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I love that Paul is stood next to Barry in the closing scene. I hope they get to meet XD And Conway, yay! And I'm excited about Monferno evolving. It would be too awesome if Infernape kicked Paul's butt at the League (do they reach the League? I hope so).

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • Wow honestly, too many -beep- Spoilers. I like to be surprised. Well sometimes. Anyway it looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it, and I believe this should be the last Pokemon DP season, because like in the other seasons, it usually ended in a stadium. But who knows it might not be the end. (Not Me)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Oh, it looks like he will get his Muk and Snorlax back to action ^^, remind me of old days.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Oh, it looks like he will get his Muk and Snorlax back to action ^^, remind me of old days.

He's got a bunch of his old Pokemon in the last scene. I'm guessing he'll be using (some of?) them in the championship?

I'm really happy to see Dawn getting a Togekiss, that kicks so much ass.

Aipo

Catch that Aipom!!!
    Years
  • Wow honestly, too many -beep- Spoilers. I like to be surprised. Well sometimes. Anyway it looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it, and I believe this should be the last Pokemon DP season, because like in the other seasons, it usually ended in a stadium. But who knows it might not be the end. (Not Me)
    If this is the end of the dp series it will probaply mean we won't see gible and buizel evolve (for now)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Conway? Nando?

I NEED TO WATCH THIS OPENING AIEE~

Whoa. Just... whoa. They seriously outdid themselves on this opening. I can't even describe how much I want to watch it again now that I'm talking about it. Hopefully the English dub will find a suitable theme song...

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • This really did surprise me, Ash having 3 fully evolved Pokémon in his team, especially of the same region. I think the writers are really trying to show that Ash has become a good trainer with strong Pokémon. We could even be gearing up for a Semi-Final or even Final appearance for Ash in the Sinnoh League. If the writers are showing their intent of giving Ash some powerful Pokémon and potentially powerful Pokémon (Gible, of course) then we could see a real change in future Pokémon rosters for Ash.

Good to see some of the old Pokémon in the last scene. We didn't see them all, but we saw a lot of the Johto Pokémon and Pokémon previously used in tournaments.

But you can be sure, with Infernape, there will be no Charizard for this tournament. Maybe an appearance is possible, but I doubt it. As I don't think I saw any of the old Kanto starters in the last scene. The Pokémon we've seen in that opening, are probably the ones we'll see in the Sinnoh League (Minus legendaries of course).

Well that's my take on it. Of course I don't watch the show, but I follow it and keep a watchful eye on the on-going events.

Back