• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just saw the newest opening of Pokemon DP and...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    OMG I LOVED THAT!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!! All the ledgenries. Infernape and torerra!!!! Plus the ending bit was kool two!!! Im guess that was the leauge, i guess its sake to assume he will be usin his kanto, hoenn and johto pokemon aswell, since they were at the end ;) I ALSO LOVED INFERNAPE VS ENTIA
    lyrics in english here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF3ZfIAvs8U
    HA! HA! HA!!
    HA! HA! HA!!

Even with the pretty tough opponents
    The battles heat up more and more! (really?)
    Staggering, worn out, big trouble!
    Decide on Iron Tail while smiling!

(Everything is Good!!)
    OH!! Hidden Power
    (Never Give Up!!)
    Come on, stand up and ride the tailwinds!

Inspiration, Role Play, Hustle!
    Let's continue together everyday!
    Crossing through forests, rivers, mountains
    This feeling is the greatest! (The greatest!)

Friendship, love, willpower!
    We're evolving everyday!
    How nice, how nice, how nice, let's go!

We've got a good combination!
    Perfect communication!
    Always high tension!
    WOW WO shalala so it's all right!

We've got a good vibration!
    Congratulations towards tomorrow!
    Always a revolution!
    Let's go on this road, aim to be a Pokémon Master!

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Torterra and Infernape on Ash's team?! Wow. That's incredible, especially since his pokemon usually don't normally fully evolve.

Also, if you notice in final shot, Ash has a good amount of all of his pokemon from past regions. They could be trying to tie the series off now. This could be a good league championships for him.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    I wonder where that Togekiss come from...
    Wouldn't it be awesome if it is actually Misty's Togetic...
    And it sorta goes back to Misty, and then Misty gives it to Dawn...
    Or something like that...

Hey just a thought... :3

Btw, IT RAINED LEGENDARIES!! xD

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • @zappyspiker: That's because the three species (Infernape, Torterra and Togekiss) have not yet been confirmed to be captured or evolved from the current species. However, this opening strongly hints that it will indeed happen.

Years
  • Wonderful, one of my favorite openings! I really did not expect this many spoilers, or this many legendaries! Judging by the ending scene, if Ash does use a few old Pokemon (Which would rock.) it doesn't seem like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charizard will be seen, unless they're willing to surprise us!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • @zappyspiker: That's because the three species (Infernape, Torterra and Togekiss) have not yet been confirmed to be captured or evolved from the current species. However, this opening strongly hints that it will indeed happen.

You got a point, a see what you mean

Wonderful, one of my favorite openings! I really did not expect this many spoilers, or this many legendaries! Judging by the ending scene, if Ash does use a few old Pokemon (Which would rock.) it doesn't seem like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charizard will be seen, unless they're willing to surprise us!

Well we did see Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard in 2 episodes of the Battle frontier though. i have a feeling the eventually Ash will bring back more of his old Pokemon - something tells me it's the Johto starters. Though I still want to see some of the old pokemon he's released like Butterfree, pidgeot and lapras - as well as definity the larvitar he hatched

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Butterfree, Lapras and Larvitar are long gone. Just seems like such a coincidence if he sees them again. Pidgeot is a dying hope, but Pokémon will run for years and years. You never know.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    The new opening is really good, and they have almost every legend, but raikou and suicune. (nerdy much... ^.^')
    lol but i think its good that some of ash's pokemon are going to be fully evolved, but remember, if there is a 5th gen, he can use buizel and gible in those leauge battles like he did with his kanto and johto pokemon. He always brings back previous pokemon to evolve later on. so maybe corphish, or toadidile or cydaquil will evolve? But i bet the grand festival and sinnoh leauge will be really good since there were a lot more rivals this generation. Ash didnt really have a rival in hoenn

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was dissappointed at first. The last opening had Misty in it but we never sa her in the season ao it will be hard for me to let it go but in general, America does not get awesome openings like that EVER!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Wow after watching that opening again.... im starting to realise how much i miss gliscor.... i dont know why... lol

Ash didnt really have a rival in hoenn
    HELLLLLOOOOOOO Morrison?!?!?!? Dont tell me you forgoten morrison :( The fat guy who likes sandwiches...? And that guy with the meowth

Oh i forgot to mention, Bulbasaur, touros, swellow, kingler, herracross and septile do not appeare in the end :(

Well, they didnt say that. The only reason they havent said it was hers is because she hasnt caught it yet! Same for why they didnt say infernape and torterra were ashes! Theyve even protected the pages so fangirls dont edit ash and dawns pokemon page yet.... they want to wait untill she catches it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, there's always the chance that the opening mislead us to think that she would catch it when she actually won't catch it, ever. The First Season opening had Ash running with an Arcanine, and yet that pokemon actually turned out NOT to be one of the pokemon that Ash caught, and never did in later seasons.

It's not just in the first season that this happened. We also have had Jessie and James looking scared at a Weavile and a Mime Jr. respectively in one of the AG openings. Now, while James did indeed catch a Mime Jr., Jessie never caught Weavile, and neither did James, for that matter.

Now, if Dawn does end up capture Togekiss, then, like Nickstr, I would be very hateful of DP by that point, not just because of the fact that the writers cheated us out of one of the possible Misty appearances, or that I hated Dawn, but because they basically made a very unrealistic capture by having Dawn capture something that was heavily implied to only be used by Elite trainers (Since Palmer and Cynthia, both elite trainers, had a Togekiss, whileas non of the regular trainers even had one.). I mean, that's like Season 1 Ash capturing a Dragonite, it's that unrealistic, seeing how Dawn hadn't even participated in the amount of Grand Festivals needed to even be considered one of the elite.

EDIT:

@Mew: I think Chikorita13 meant a recurring rival (IE, someone along the lines of Gary, Paul, Barry, or even Casey, to a lesser extent.), and Morrison/Tyson are more like Ritchie, Harrison, and Jackson/Vincent, in that regard (IE, Rivals only in the League.).

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Well, there's always the chance that the opening mislead us to think that she would catch it when she actually won't catch it, ever. The First Season opening had Ash running with an Arcanine, and yet that pokemon actually turned out NOT to be one of the pokemon that Ash caught, and never did in later seasons.

It's not just in the first season that this happened. We also have had Jessie and James looking scared at a Weavile and a Mime Jr. respectively in one of the AG openings. Now, while James did indeed catch a Mime Jr., Jessie never caught Weavile, and neither did James, for that matter.

Now, if Dawn does end up capture Togekiss, then, like Nickstr, I would be very hateful of DP by that point, not just because of the fact that the writers cheated us out of one of the possible Misty appearances, or that I hated Dawn, but because they basically made a very unrealistic capture by having Dawn capture something that was heavily implied to only be used by Elite trainers (Since Palmer and Cynthia, both elite trainers, had a Togekiss, whileas non of the regular trainers even had one.). I mean, that's like Season 1 Ash capturing a Dragonite, it's that unrealistic, seeing how Dawn hadn't even participated in the amount of Grand Festivals needed to even be considered one of the elite.

EDIT:

@Mew: I think Chikorita13 meant a recurring rival (IE, someone along the lines of Gary, Paul, Barry, or even Casey, to a lesser extent.), and Morrison/Tyson are more like Ritchie, Harrison, and Jackson/Vincent, in that regard (IE, Rivals only in the League.).
    First of all, Games=/Anime.

The Togekiss came from the same Pokeball with Buneary which is significantly different from Ash running along Arcanine. Also what is so wrong with Dawn getting a Togekiss. If you follow the Pokemon Platinum, Cynthia gives the player the Togepi egg so it is very likely Dawn is going to end up with a Togekiss. So no, Togekiss isn't only used by the Elite players because as I have already stated GAMES=/=ANIME!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    First of all, Games=/Anime.

The Togekiss came from the same Pokeball with Buneary which is significantly different from Ash running along Arcanine. Also what is so wrong with Dawn getting a Togekiss. If you follow the Pokemon Platinum, Cynthia gives the player the Togepi egg so it is very likely Dawn is going to end up with a Togekiss. So no, Togekiss isn't only used by the Elite players because as I have already stated GAMES=/=ANIME!

Big difference, you get the egg, which you can raise to becoming a Togekiss, which requires a lot of TLC to evolve into a Togetic, which is longer than even just leveling it up if one goes the long way around. Besides which, non of the non-elite 4/battle frontier trainers are even shown to have a Togetic. From what was shown in the opening, she actually CAPTURES a Togekiss, not just raised it into adulthood, which, again, is like having Ash capture a Dragonite in season 1 (In other words, very unrealistic).

Although it is strange, the bulbapedia synopsis left that part out. Actually, the synopsis never even mentioned Togekiss at all.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I agree with you. That's not fair. Misty's Togepi was something special attached to her. And now 2nd stadium of Togepi evolution goes to Dawn???!!! Really not fair for Misty. If it's true, I'm going to hate DP much more.

But generally opening is not bad. At least better than 2 older DP.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What makes everyone think Dawn actually CATCHES the Togekiss? It might just be along for the ride and decides to stick with Dawn, just like oooh so many of Ashes Pokemon have done in the past.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    What makes everyone think Dawn actually CATCHES the Togekiss? It might just be along for the ride and decides to stick with Dawn, just like oooh so many of Ashes Pokemon have done in the past.

Err, if by that you meant Larvitar, Vulpix, and Haunter, then yes. that might be it, otherwise, that means she actually did catch it.

And can you PLEASE change your signature?!

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Realistically, I just don't understand the importance of Togekiss. She has (probably...hopefully) one more Contest before the Grand Festival. Why is she catching Togekiss, then? Who does it think it is? Glalie?

Putting two and two together, one can theorize that Dawn's sticking around for a bit so that she can use Togekiss a bit, as well as Cyndaquil and Mamoswine, who haven't had much Contest experience.

Back