• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I know this is in the FAQ but that just doesnt quite cut it...

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Alright like my title says, the FAQs page doesnt help sqaut. im trying to play a darn hack. i do exactly what it says and when i start up the emulation if turns white, and stays white.
    so can anyone help me with this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I have the same problem I have a fresh ROM of the game, IPS XP to patch the IPS file, the latest Visualboy Advance...and I still can't play hacks I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    its really annoying seeing play hacks with out helping others =/ can anyone help us out?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    um i have lunar.. i apply it and it still comes out white and stays like that D:

Can anyone exactly gives us there way of applying the patch plz?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • There can be several reasons:

- Corrupted ROM
    - Corrupted IPS Patch
    - Patched to the wrong ROM (Game, language,...)
    - ROM with a dumping group intro, which gets corrupted by the Patch (like MUGS)
    - Incorrect settings in the Emulator (Save type; Automatic, Flash 128k)

Make sure you have verified all of the above.

You can't do anything wrong when applying a patch. You load the Patcher, load the IPS patch, select the ROM to patch it to, done.
    Most errors occour because of said things above.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Scizz said:
    - Incorrect settings in the Emulator (Save type; Automatic, Flash 128k)
    Do you which Emulator setting I need to have on, in order to play ROM Hacks?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • The settings apply to all ROMs, not just Hacks.
    As I said above, setting it to "Automatic" and "Flash 128k" should work for Pokémon ROMs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2006
    Did you click the Real Time Clock on the emulator settings? That stopped my roms ;)

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • As scizz said, your problam is probably language. (E) roms and (U) roms are different, in the craziest ways. Just imagine a sitcom with them together!

anywy, when people put the (E) rom on hteir site, for some reason, most the time it isn't the (E) rom that everyone else uses, so i recomend look around for a better rom, with no dumper intro.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • A white screen when trying to load a ROM, usually indicates corruption, or wrong Save-types.
    If you have verified all of the reasons that are mentioned in this post and below it, and it still does not work, then there is nothing more we can do for you, as all possible reasons have been listed here.

Back