• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like pokemon because...

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    I know this is a weird question but why do you like pokemon???? I like pokemon because... dang i cant even answer my own question... LoL because pokemon is drop dead awesome!! whats a world without pokemon??

Years
    lol

I like pokemon because when i was little i always had to watch all of the girly show with my 2 older sisters (like rainbow bright salior moon and stuff like that) and when we watched pokemon we all liked it so ever since then i ve liked everything to to with pokemon so it was kinda like my saviour lol i know it is stupid but it is true

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    Pokemon is my childhood, its been there for me.

I think its because of the memories I have with Pokemon that keep me loving them.

I used to like EVERYTHING about them, lol I was obsessed, but now its narrowed down to games and toys... They're so cool looking xD Ah, I miss playing the games with my friends, 'twas awesome.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I DONT LIKE POKEMON, I LOVE IT IT SEEMS TO BRING OUT YOUR OWN WILL TO BE A TRAINER^_^"!

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    Pokemon are what brought the child within me to without. They are what made my knowledge exceed the limitations that I thought I couldn't achieve. I was brought up with Pokemon. Take them away, then you'd take away my foundation. There would still be a meaning to life, but it wouldn't be even as half as interesting without them. Pokemon bring the love, the joy, and the peace from within. As a soul does dwell inside, so do Pokemon.

Wow. That's deep. O.O

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I agree with you; the memories of the original games, the cards and the TV show have stuck with me since I was a smal boy, and that has what has made me continue to be a player. I now never watch the show as I have no access to it through my TV, but even if I did I wouldn't watch it. I still have all my old cards but I don't really buy any new ones, although I may buy a booster pack or two to relive the memories (OMG WUT HOLAFOYL AM I GUNA GET?!11one!1). I used to be just a casual player, before I joined this forum and got into competitive battling.

Rizapop

pika-chaaaa~
    Years
    I like Pokemon because it's awesome. period. It made me realize how to take care of pets. lol. But seriously I like Pokemon because it's the first anime, game, and manga I ever had. <3

DaiLinn

Furry for Lucario
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I like Pokemon because... lol well... I've loved it since I was little! I have so many fond memories attached to the games and the cards and the show...

I like the games because they're fun and never seem to get old... even after a decade, even with the same basic system, they're some of the best games ever...

XaRhS

i started playing pokemon since i was 6 years old that's why i like them.so many years of play.....
    battle mode:i like those combinations you can make with the moves and the strategies.
    so.....i'm a true pokemon fan like you guys are

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I like pokemon because you get to control teams of monsters to fight other people. Plus the whole concept is just too cool

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Mostly, it's the freedom. In many other video game RPGs, you end up being set in a certain character type, playing out a certain storyline. In Pokemon, you get your character, but that character isn't defined by dialogue or the people around them. They're essentially blank sheets that could have any sort of personality you give them. The storylines of the games are linear (well, in that there's no way to say, for example, that you run off and join the evil team instead), but how you finish it is completely different each time you play the game, depending on what you choose for your Pokemon team and how you go about fighting Team X, the Gym Leaders, and the Elite Four. In some cases, you can even earn your badges out of order, so it's easier to create your own story.

The media tends to be diverse as well. Unlike in many other fandoms, you don't see the same cast of characters and the same events in the various manga, the anime, and the games. The base (trainer sets off on a Pokemon journey) tends to be the same, but otherwise, the Pokemon franchise offers hundreds of different, diverse stories to tell its fans.

What this leads to is really a lot of freedom. I write a lot of fanfiction, and where I feel restricted to a certain cast or certain line of events in other fandoms (such as Harry Potter or Good Omens), Pokemon lets me be as creative as I want (without violating the extreme basics of the fandom -- like the six Pokemon rule) because there's no universal canon. It even offers ultimate freedom in diverse character possibilities (breeder, coordinator, researcher) so that I don't even have to write about trainers if I don't want to.

So, really, the openness of the fandom is what keeps me here. The games and other media tend to be addictive too, but my interest in those fades in and out, whereas the fanfiction possibility is really always there.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I have always been fascinated by cute creatures with magic power. Plus, the entire universe of the Pokeworld is always changing. Even then, there are mysteries that have yet to be explained, so regardless of the reason, there's plenty of material to write about in the Pokeverse.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've only ever been fond of the games, and that's because... they're games: something specifically designed to entertain. Nothing more I can say...

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Pokémon was always in my childhood. I really like it, still many years later. It was an amazing idea to make it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    i like pokemon for a slightly odd reason.

since i have got into gaming i have always had this wierd obsession where i MUST complete any game i buy without fail.

i have had success on most of the pokemon games, i missed out on 3rd generation, only playing it on my PC via a emulator.

and pokemon is always a nice lil challenge for me :D

that and the gameplay is just plain brilliant, inside its simple exterior is a very complex RPG game that is very underrated

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    I mainly like it for nastolgia with my gold version (even though blue was my first). Though another reason i loved it is cause, even though pokemon is ridiculisly unpopular at my school (being a slummy highschool XD), when i used to go to an after school program (which was a boring 3 hours of time afterschool), almost everyone there had ruby or sapphire, and it was awesome and fun to be able to trade, mix data, and battle with everyone there. The only reason i miss going there, lol.

Another reason i like pokemon is cause a team can tell a lot about the trainer. if they have a wicked powerful team, its clear that thier pretty competitive. If they have a team that seems kinda random, some can even show intrests (for example, i have smeargle in my dream team cause i love art). know what i mean?

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    First and foremost is because I've known it so well for so long. Over half my life. Not liking it would be very unfamiliar. This of course begs the question: why did I like it in the first place? I simply fell in love with the concept: one trainer going out to tame monsters and use them against others in battles. (Of course, if you replace "monsters" with "animals" it puts a rather different spin on it.)

Jax Malcolm also makes a valid point about the freedom of the games: you get to choose from a diverse range of pokemon, and a diverse range of moves (well, for most of them). This allows replay value to be quite phenomenal.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    most of my freind s had pokemon games i tried it and loved it. thats why i like pokemon

ocean1

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    I like Pokémon because of the world it presents. It has an amazing history and landscape, not to mention the different people you meet. I don't really play for the glory, but the story...

Back