• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I lost it...

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
  • I accidentally forgot the case that kept my Platinum version on a plane during a vacation. Now most of my legendaries are gone.

Have you ever lost a game? Not like won or lost, I mean like it went missing.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, I have lost 2 Pokemon games, which were HeartGold and Platinum, in an airport on the way to the US.

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • I accidentally forgot the case that kept my Platinum version on a plane during a vacation. Now most of my legendaries are gone.

Have you ever lost a game? Not like won or lost, I mean like it went missing.

At times but usually I'm responsible for not losing or leaving behind items..
    How unfortunate that you lost your platinum. I'm sure you can get the Legendaries again in HG/SS/B/W.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I lost my Pearl, which had hundreds of powerful Pokemon, many of which were taken from my Emerald. I bought a new one, but the work I put on it was incredible, and losing it was terrible. Fortunately, I figured out something could happen, and to avoid unexpected surprises, I cloned my Pokemon on Emerald before migrating them, as a backup measure. I still have them that way, but I lost many level 100 Sinnoh Pokemon that took me a long time to train.

soϲks

da grovyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I've had a couple of games go through the washer & dryer, my Diamond included. It's not really like I lost them because I still had the game thing in my hands but I really did lose them because everything on it was gone. :(

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • I lost my Pearl cartridge in my own house. I think it might have fallen off my desk (I used to swap the cartridges out when I was trading online) and then gotten vacuumed :( darn tiny cartridges. I was really annoyed, too, when I realized I couldn't find it, it was my completed game with all my legendaries, a few shinies, and my collection of pokemon with the right natures.

I'm working my Diamond cartridge up to that point again, but still.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I'm so sorry :./

I have lost my Sapphire game (still would LOVE to find it) it has a HUGE number of Pokemon I spent a long long time on and loved.

I hope they make it back safely one day.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I'm sorry about you losing your Platinum! o:

I've lost both of my Emerald Cartridges... Though I think they may be in the back of one of my drawers somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I lost my FireRed cartridge for about a year and found it not too long ago. I wasn't losing too much sleep over it because FR wasn't my favourite game, but it still bothered me that I lost something that I bought and paid for with my own money. D: I lost my old Crystal game, too; I still have no idea where it is. I don't think it was working anyway but it still would be nice to know its whereabouts. ;;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I lost my Pokemon Trading Card Game cartridge one day. I know exactly where the last place I saw it was. Funny thing is that the couch I lost it in moved and I dug through it many times, but never found the game.

Periodically, I might misplace another game in my room, but a quick clean-up will find it again. My games no longer leave my room, so there's no chance of them being completely lost again.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I never lost a game. I kept everything important (yes, I said Pokemon is important) where I can see them. I'm not really a type that carelessly lose things...

...except one time going home from work, when I was walking my Pokewalker. I kept it in my belt since when I put it in my pocket it doesn't record much step. It must have fallen, i searched for it but.. it must have fallen in the grass. It was really dark and my eyesight is really bad. I went home at midnight without finding it, and when I woke up in the morning, it... rained. MY POOR JIGGLYPUFF!!! T________________T

edit: this post made me depressed. It was brand new too...

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I feel your pain. I lost my Pokemon Diamond that had a shiny Steelix (which was also my first shiny excluding the Red Gyrados and similar Pokemon) and other decent Pokemon, like all of the special Pokemon from the first two ranger games (two Manaphys, a Darkrai, a Riolu that knows Aura Sphere etc.) I miss my gold Steelix. :(
    I lost it...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I lost my first copy of Yellow and lost my copy of Pearl a month ago. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    My sister lost my FireRed cartridge, but I bought a new(ish) one. I also almost lost Emerald the otehr day... to the washing machine :O (thankfully it survived, save data intact, although the clock battery has apparently run dry on it...)

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I wish there was some way to put back up info online and if you lose your game, you just have to buy the game and connect to the internet to get your data back.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I lost a Pokemon Ruby cartridge a few years ago. I'm absolutely certain that it's still in my house somewhere, but chances are, it's underneath a ton of junk that I haven't touched in a very long time. After I gave it up for lost, I never got around to looking for it because to do so, I might have to rearrange the entire house.

Back