• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I lost Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Man i lost my

DS
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire red

I lost everything i think this is the end has far has playing pokemon games

should i get a PSP now ????

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Not really. A new Pokemon game comes out alongside a new portable system, so you would have to get a new one anyways. Just wait until gen V and you're golden.

And the PSP sucks. Has no good games, unless you hack the system and download D00M or something.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I say don't get a PSP unless you're willing to hack it or get it hacked. It's pretty pathetic, unless you have the right games.
    If you do get Final Fantasy: Crisis Core.
    Now thats a game.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    SAME thing just happened to me man.. someone stealed all my Pokemon, DS, GBA when i was on vacation. It's even worse for me because i don't even have money to buy a new pokemon game =[ and i never had to play wi-fi.

but psp s*ck balls =| don't buy it. Buy new DS or Wait until Gen V.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    The PsP is even harder to care for then the DS (the screen is a magnet for sharp objects, and the gimicky protection case doesn't help much either), has a lack-luster library of games (about 90% of the games are boring or garbage, and the good 10% is scattered among the masses, and a good bunch of them have to be hacked onto the console), and trashy battery-life.

I remember when I lost my Sapphire version, I had to wait three years before I found it again. Just keep looking if you can, or if push comes to shove, buy a used DS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Well i couldnt help my self my love for pokemon was to strong i bought

DS lite
    Pokemon fire red
    Pokemon Emerald
    along with my platinum that i still had

well time to start all over again i cheated on platinum but iam going to start over agian and play legit let me tell u cheating takes all the fun out off the game IMO

BowtiePenguin

Proud; noble; penguins.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Eek, that sucks... I know how you feel, my DSi and Pokemon Platinum were stolen a couple of days ago (they were birthday presents).

Don't quit Pokemon though - it's too much fun! Plus, PSP sucks. :S

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've had my PSP for over a year and I've used it maybe three weeks of all that. :( My DS, however, I use almost everyday.

Just get another DS. It has much better games than Pokémon and, overall, a much wider library than the PSP.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm not going to jump on the anti PSP band wagon here, since I've probably played it far more than i ever played my DS, which apart from pearl and Rocket Slime, i found was insanely boring.
    However, I wouldn't let anybody's negative opinion(s) iinfluence your decision, as your taste in games is probably very different to theirs.

I think however, you should disregard a lot of the anti PSP messages here, this is after all a Pokemon forum, full of Nintendo fans. Most of the people here who slam the PSP probably haven't and won't ever play/ed one. I'm going to try and be as objective and fair as possible in this post, which is kind of hard with bias comments such as "PSP SUX BALZ"

Anyway, you've already had a DS, did you only really use it for Pokemon Emerald/Fire Red? If so, is it really worth rebuying a console to play just 2 games? Maybe it would be cheaper to buy a preowned GBA SP?

If you're still considering getting a PSP then you should understand that although it has some really good games, it has many more awful ones (As does the DS actually) so it may be a bit touch and go with weather you'll enjoy the games. There's Monster Hunter, which is somewhat similar to pokemon, there's also a bulk of RPGs (Some old, some new) which are pretty enjoyable. What is most noteworthy is the bulk of content coming out soon with the release of Sony's PSPgo. There's a Fat princess game coming, a Metal gear Solid (which looks amazing) a portable LittleBigPlanet, a Gran Turismo, a new Jak and Daxtar game etc etc. PSP also has a hefty back catalog of downloadable PS1 titles and a few PSN games. (The number of these will greatly expand when the PSPGo is released) Also, although i wouldn't advise you take this route, you can hack a PSP pretty easily to play GBA roms (Again this is piracy, so i wouldn't do it, just a testament of what the system can do with a little tinkering) It also has WiFi, can play most audio files, will play .Avi, .wmv and .MPEG4 video files and also has Skype.

edit Just saw your post, guess my post was kind of pointless then haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Do you know what an emulator is?

Say hello to it.

You could also buy a DSi if you're willing to splurge. Also, the PSP Go is coming out so if you wish to have a PSP I would wait

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Do you know what an emulator is?

Say hello to it.

You could also buy a DSi if you're willing to splurge. Also, the PSP Go is coming out so if you wish to have a PSP I would wait

Yeah, the PSPGo is going to have like, 40GB disc space and superiour battery life and wifi capabilities. However it's at the price of the UMD slot. =/

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Pokemon games always tend to go missing. I already lost both Pokemon Stadiums and Pokemon Ruby >_<

Do not get a PSP. They are not that good. Or at least wait til the new one comes out.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I love how one of the repeating points is all the garbage games for the PSP, apparently you've never looked at the DS section before.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    PSP is very lame in my opinion. Good graphics not put to good use. If I had no handheld system Id get a DS Lite or DSi. Since you have no GBA games then I would go with the DSi.

Back