• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Love Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Years
    Um... hate to say it, but I really, really hated Lucario and the mystery of Mew.

Okay, it starts with the most annoying narrator in the world, moves on to Lucario doing what looks like a demented version of the Naruto run (i.e., running with your arms out behind you), has very little character development, artwork that leaves a bit to be desired, and just when the plot starts to get a little interesting, the movie ends.

I'm sorry, but about the only good thing about this movie was that Lucario died at the end, thereby adding some drama to the entire thing.

Maybe I'm spoiling myself by watching Miyazaki-sensei's movies when I watch anime movies at all, but this was really much worse then I expected.

Technically, this would be gravedigging, but since there isn't an active movie discussion (or if there is, I have to look for it). Either way, I'm actually intrigued by your contentions.

I liked Summers and the Regis, but other than that, I can see what you mean.

Miyazaki? Well, yeah, you can't compare swordfish to tuna. Although, I personally find him overrated, but that's my opinion.

Years
    I just bought the movie today and it was the BEST movie I have ever seen. I actually almost cried (... but I didn't :P)

Lucario was awesome with Sir Aaron, the whole "Aura" deal. I wish that Pokemon were real. This movie was amazing. Sir Aaron had the greatest outfit and looked awesome. Then the whole idea of Bonsly made me laugh he was real cool. The movie was tragic, happy, joyful, and exciting all at once.

3 Thumbs up for this movie. :P

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Eh, well, with me it's just like "everyone gets all hyped up about this being so dramatic, and in the end it's not that great." If Lucario didn't have so many people pointing at it and going "Look, someone dies in this movie, that proves it isn't two-dimensional!", I would have been okay with it. Unfortunately, it did get a bit hyped, or at least it seemed that way to me, and... yeah. It did have its moments.

Good Points:

1. One visually appealing character, Aaron. (At least, that's what my friend says... I'd describe him more as "not quite as odd-looking as every other guy in Pokemon.)
    2. The opening shots of the castle. They had their moments- well, before Tailow/Mew flew in and made a bad contrast.
    3. The concept of the tree of beggining being a living organism, complete with white blood cells.

Bad Points:

1. Animation was fairly off, even in comparison to one or two other Pokemon movies. *Pokes 'Mystery of the Unown'*
    2. Lucario was just... meh. Another angsty human-hating Pokemon. *pokes Mewto*
    3. Um... can anyone say "Really dorky-looking costumes?" Seriously, those things don't even look medieval to me. >.<
    4. The narrator still hasn't died.
    5. Aura, or wave, or whatever, is basically completely useless, seeing as everything it can do can be duplicated by something else in the Pokemon world. (i.e., heightened senses can duplicate its tracking ability, Pokemon can already use cool attacks, and people's lives can be saved by a Pokemon bawling its eyes out, so they didn't need aura anyway. Hold on, wait a minute, did I just expose a slight plot hole there?)
    6. Lucario's attacks are lame. I mean, his pulse bombs counter hyper beams, and yet they deal no noticeable damage to the Regis. What is wrong with this picture?

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I watched it on sunday as well. It was pretty cool but it would of been nice to see more battling, but then again movies are to get away from that kinda thing, seeing mew again was so cool :D. I liked the part when those jellys got james and then hes like chimecou save yourself!! Hilarious, really.

Back