• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I love the Old Chateau in Eterna forest, do you?

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    The only true backstory is that Charon lived there then abondoned it. Heres a quote from Bulbapedia:

In Pokémon Platinum, it is implied that Charon used to live here, suggesting that he is the owner who abandoned it, especially with his credit for discovering Rotom.

Nothing pointing towards Backlot or any owners after Charon left. Seeing as Charon was credited with Rotoms discovery, and the fact Rotom was still living there, which points to no one else disturbing him. Though there could be alot more background that has not been stated, so all these theories are good ;D

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    I don't really like it that much since I don't use Rotom and I've never seen the ghosts there before. D: Also I think the music is creepy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I was never, and still not, a big fan of the old Chateau. To creepy :x.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
    I remember that someone told me that sleeping in the old chateau would initiate a battle with Darkrai. Sucks to find out that it's not true, and I'll need an action replay to get Darkrai. Oh well.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    The only reason I even bothered to go to the Old Chateu was to catch Rotom and a Ghastly. As for the stories about the origin of Rotom within the house itself, think about it. Ghost pokemon always appear where there is death in every game. Always at cemetaries, burial grounds and caverns. Logically this would mean that the pokemon themselves are a composition of the souls of the deceased, and haunting the site of their death. A particularly deviant poltergheist probably formed inside of the tv and picked up its characteristics like channeling electricity and changing itself.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I used to freak out when I played it at night in my room in the dark. The music just gave it effect and whenever a pokemon came out.....

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I just hope little kids don't get scare'd by the sound now.
    I quite love it, except it's a tad redundant and nothing's inside except Rotom.

Back