• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I love using rental Pokemon!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Keeping this short and sweet because I need to sleep. and it's christmas day

What's your favorite Battle Frontier facility from Emerald? And why? (Don't say anything from Platinum because this is specifically for Emerald)

Mine has to be the Factory, I love using Rental Pokemon and I love the difficulty it brings with it. As you get into the higher streaks the Pokemon for rental become a lot better and have better movesets etc.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    The Battle Dome would be my choice. I simply love how it's layed out as a tournament. I'd also have to mention the Battle Palace, since I didn't have control over my pokémon throughout the battles there.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I want to burn the Battle Palace to the ground with Palace Maven Spencer in it. That was the single most annoying facility in the whole game. It's the most despicable location in the Pokemon games for me. That blasted Slaking would slack off, but my Pokemon conveniently decided not to attack. I finally did beat it with Weezing...

I'm going to echo with Pyrax with the Battle Dome. Loved the layout and the final battle was pretty darn fun. Sometimes I'd copy the bracket down on a sheet of paper and fill it out and try to make predictions like the NCAA March Madness tournament, so it got fun. Too bad that somehow all the dark horse trainers made it to the finals -_-;

Nylonica

Silence...Who needs it!?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    I adored the Battle Tower, it was probably the biggest building in the whole game and it just amazed my when I first saw it.(I was young)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    THE DOMEEEE. Oddly enough, the only one I've beaten the brain in is the Pike haha. Pike is second though. I find it entertaining since it's so random. Dome is fun cause it's...a dome. idk. I like the tourney style.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I second Sydian on the Battle Dome, probably because my PokéNav friends always call me up and say "<player>! <player>! I heard! You became the CHAMPION of the BATTLE DOME <number> times!". Plus, I get to be on stage and famous and all that… :)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Dome for sure.

I'd loved to read the tourneys and see what the game said about me and everyone else. Oh, memories. <3
    That was really fun to me for some reason, and getting on that stage and proving my worth made me feel like something special.

Also, the brain is a man wearing a glittery pink fairy suit. Not a single f was given by that man. Respect.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Factory. I am too lazy to spend much time to EV train Pokemon, that's why i love using fully trained rental Pokemon. And I like its randomness. I once got a Metagross, Heracross, and a Ludicolo for a team \o/

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    Battle Factory for sure. I always love the challenge of being put out of your comfort zone, having to use rental pokemon. The way I see it, developing strategies for pokemon you may not be familiar with is always fun and helps broaden your knowledge of pokemon as well.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Battle Factory, having those rental Pokemon sure is a lot of fun since you really have to think of strategies, combinations and stuff which makes it more interesting! Battle Pike comes in second, it was really easy for me! :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The battle factory is probably my pick as you don't have to train powerful Pokemon to have a chance to win. I like how it's all about strategy really and not about grinding for hours or even days.

Knight of Time

I like Homestuck
    Years
    That one, where the Pokemon battle by themselves
    Forgot the name now, but long story short, and spamming "a"/ leaving it to luck isn't a bad thing, at least not to me

Years
    I always liked the Battle Factory over all of the other facilities, and it is still my favorite in Gen IV. I also had a love/hate relationship with the Battle Pike. I made it to the Frontier Brain at least a dozen times, but I could never seem to beat her Milotic.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    Glad to see all the Battle Factory appreciation; it's my favourite as well. It was the only one I ever got to the Frontier Brain for before my Emerald was stolen. :C

I loved being able to experiment with Pokemon that weren't your own (also, my Pokemon kinda sucked and I had a hard time beating anybody with them...).

Back