• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I made HOW MANY POSTS TODAY???

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    What was the moment you realized you spend maybe just a liiittle too much time on PC?

Years
    When I realise I check the forums on a regular basis for new posts and things to talk about with people haha, I probably realised at the point where I automatically open the homepage most times I click on my browser :)

Years
    Probably years ago when I realized I had no irl friends but friends here. So my whole social life revolved around a Pokemon forum. Whoops.
    you can probably tell by my postcount too

Though at least for the forums, that hasn't been the case in at least 10 years. Discord, though...

Years
    • Seen today
    I open it at certain times every day. Usually at some point in the morning, then in the afternoon, but I don't usually make a post until late evening.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually spend too little time on PC these days.

But I've had realizations some years ago when refreshing the page repeatedly and realizing that there are no new posts, that I should probably go and do something else. For a month.

Also when drama and people on PC start invading my mind when I'm not online; that's my most common cause for taking leaves still.

Years
    ooo im in the same case as sammi aka when i had no irl friends and most if not all my friends were in here
    now im shy even in pc that i dont participate enough oops

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    When I became a smod because I was just everywhere reporting everything. Thankfully I've cut down on that but quitting is a step too far when like 2/3 of my friends have accounts here.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't engage that much with the forums / Discord these days but before, I would say when it got to the point I was talking to a lot more PC people than people in real life. Met and got to know many people from the battle server / VMs on the forum years ago and though I did have great friends in real life - there were so so many people I must have spent countless weekends talking to from PC. At that point, I realised I was spending a lot of my free time on the site. I also used to put more effort into writing those posts in Pokemon Clubs and 4th gen than any schoolwork assignment I had ever done up to that point (but to be fair I was 12). Even today I still open up PC out of habit. Today I don't really know anyone that well or keep in contact with most people unfortunately so I don't get as involved as before. I do have some friends I've been in contact with from 5th grade to college because of spending so much time on PC before, so I think the time spent was worth it :D

Years
    It was actually last Tuesday when I realized I don't work well with ANY irl friend group. So I come to PC. Pokemon is cool stuff even though the franchise is starting to take some...questionable turns. o_O;

As for posting on PC/discord, I don't really post as much as I used to despite the former fact. I really have to put thought into my post before I say what I want to say these days.

Thank you PC for good caring friends.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    When a few of us use to make a game of how many posts we can make in an hour or a day etc.
    So
    When I first started.

Back