• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I miss the era of the anime where the titles were funny puns.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Remember in the Sinnoh season of the anime where the episode titles were puns?

Like, "Smells like Team Spirit" "Our Cup Runneth Over" "Two Degrees of Separation"

I miss that, where did they go? The dub titles are so lazy now.

Oh man I almost completely forgot about the puns. Honestly the dub and these titles were something I grew up with so I've definitely gotten a little attached to those, lol. I wasn't aware they stopped doing them though? Think they still do get used once in a while but maybe not as often. I guess it's only a matter of time until you run out of ideas for titles like that?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I recently rewatched the first 40 episodes of Kanto, there is like 55 on Netflix but haven't watched the rest yet so many fillers..., and I do miss some puns, as well as the 4th Wall Breaks. Although some of the older episodes had too many in my opinion.

I actually don't remember any puns in the newer series, unless they are so subtle I just don't notice them.

Back