• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need Help with finding super smash bros melee clipart!

pokemonfreak

SSBM fighter
    Years
    all i need is my favorite character and then i can finish my comic! I need a sprite sheet of him and my parents said i cant give credit so it would have to say like "no credit needed" or "free use of sprites". Please! i have searched for hours for it! it is too hard to find. if you could help me find it, i will be VERY happy! i found it once but my dad told me to get rid of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Wh..what? I don't understand. What are you doing that wouldn't allow you to use sprites that would require you to credit someone?

pokemonfreak

SSBM fighter
    Years
    The character is falco. i need him so badly. Allstories, what i mean is i am not alowed to give credit to strangers on the internet. I cant use the clipart if i have to give credit.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Your parents don't know what they're talking about. Regardless of whether or not a spritesheet wants you to give them credit, unless you make them yourself, someone else; a STRANGER will have made it. Your parents should be teaching you that you HAVE to give credit to people. Besides, no sane person actually COPYRIGHTS their sprites, so your free to take whatever you want without legal jurisdiction, and you'd have to give credit to Nintendo and their respective companies, anyway.

But unless you're planning to distribute your comic for profit, which I highly doubt you are, there shouldn't be any reason that you would need to credit anyone. This sounds to me like just some little comic thing you're doing for fun, and there shouldn't be any sort of legal issues intertwined with that.

pokemonfreak

SSBM fighter
    Years
    Do you know where i can get the clipart? Allstories, I am making comics for fun but i am planing on joining www.wariocomix.com, i love those comics.well, all i know is i need that clipart. Oh and also, can anyone tell me how to give credit to people also?

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    you just say "credit to... for the falco sprites"etc

pokemonfreak

SSBM fighter
    Years
    I dont get it! i have a sprite sheet that i have to give credit to in order to use it. does that mean i e-mail the website it shows and say"credit to........for the falco sprites?" explain!

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Get the sprites you want. Look for where it says "Made by _____" on the spritesheet. On your SSB spritesheet, say "Credit to ____, ____, ____, ____, ___ & ____ for the sprites on this sheet" or something like that.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Just put somewhere on the comic something like 'Sprites taken from [insert persons name]' like at the bottom or something. There's no super-specific way to do this. You shouldn't have to email someone unless they specify that must do so. The police aren't going to break down or anything, especially not if it's for personal use.

pokemonfreak

SSBM fighter
    Years
    ;) Great! thanks soo much Allstories and Shinin. So, if I give the sheet to anyone, i should put "give credit to" and for use of a comic, i should say, "sprites from the website and person?" oh, and cause of your help, i am back to making comics again! thanks soo much!

Last edited:
    Back