• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I need help with JPANs hacked tool

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I am not using JPANs hacked engine as a base for my hack, I am simply using his tool to add 1 small feature from his rom base into my rom.
    link to engine thread (I did not want to necropost) https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

I have added the walking script and special 81 (which should set the walking script)

I need help with JPANs hacked tool

I went to the walking scripts compiled location and put a pointer to my script that I want to run. When the offset is set in the buffer, it is fine, but as soon as I call special 0x81 the game starts over (crashes)

something somewhere is not right.
    where can I look at the actual code for special 0x81, cause all the code for the walking script seems to work, its the actual calling of special 0x81 that is the problem.

thanks

Lioniac

High-level Language Developer trying to learn ASM
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Hi... sorry to ressurrect your thread, but did you find the issue? I'm having the same situation.

Back