• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I put my image on 'this-and-that' image hoster.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    All of the images that all of us have found in the internet are hosted from various sources, and some of them are from many image hosting site like imgur, Photobucket, flickr and several others. Do you ever upload your images or art to image hosting site, and which one do you regularly use?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I started out by using photobucket, but ever since they redid the site... it's been really sucky. So, now, I use imgur because it's much easier and more simple to use then what photobucket used to be.

Years
    Much like AdorbzFangirl, most of my image hosting was done on Photobucket, until they completely changed the way their site looked, so I switched over to Imgur. Now 80% of the pictures I upload will be there, though on occasion I'll upload to Tinypic if I don't feel like logging into my Imgur account.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Used Photobucket for years; had problems with the new (ie. new in 2010) layout; switched to imageshack; then imageshack was made to require a paid subscription; returned to Photobucket. I use it so rarely it's not really too bothersome in the end.

Years
    imgur is my site. Unlimited bandwidth and unlimited images (although after 200, they disappear from your albums but remain hosted). I have no complaints about that.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I used imgur almost all the time to upload my image (I uploaded some to tumblr at some point), because uploading on imgur is so easy.

Years
    I used Photobucket for a while...not even sure how long. What made me switch was that I noticed it was resizing screenshots of mine, and since I couldn't figure out how to stop it from doing that (if it's even possible, I didn't care that much though and didn't want to change the file format)...I went over to Imgur.

I'll still upload to Photobucket just because I "feel like it" every so often - hey, I have the account, why not use it - but my main image hosting site now is Imgur.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I hit my limit on both Photobucket and imgur. When I exceeded bandwidth on Photobucket, all my hotlinked images turned to

I put my image on 'this-and-that' image hoster.

Which was really annoying, so after that I got an imgur account, and recently hit the exceeded amount of pictures for a free account there, too. It's not as bad though - like Zach said, your most recent 225 images are still visible and previous ones are still hosted. Which is fine since I don't remember/need a lot of my older images anyway.

Between Photobucket and imgur, I found that using tumblr to host pictures I intended to hotlink worked really well too, and to my knowledge there's no actual limit or anything.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I've been using Photobucket for years, but I finally lost my patience with it not too long ago. It bombards me with ads like every 5 seconds, and clicking anywhere on the site results in at least 2-3 popup windows. o_O
    (Plus, it started screwing up the quality of any/all images I upload on there.)

Sooo, I ended up converting to imgur, and I surprisingly like it so far. I just hope it stays this way, haha.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i used to use photobucket but now i use imgur. i had a photobucket when i was like 10, i'm gonna check to see all the weird stuff i uploaded then.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I mostly just upload stuff to my own personal web space that I use for 4P. On the off-chance I do use an image hosting site, it's my Photobucket account...though I'm really not a fan of their new layout, or how they resize images, or how simply viewing an image without all the extraneous crap doesn't seem to be able to happen anymore.

Years
    I started off uploading images to Imageshack for free... then I moved onto Photobucket, then back over to Imageshack with an account this time, and finally onto Imgur when Imageshack changed their image-hosting terms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Back around in 2008 or so, which is about seven years ago, I was a heavy use of Imageshack; it had made picture uploading pretty easy, as it was simply and generally straightforward. No registration was required.

Though, after a couple of years, they started to put restriction on where we were permitted to post our images and whatnot, which had annoyed me, causing myself to move away to another host. I've stuck with Tinypic for a while, but since they didn't allow us to unload multiple pictures at a time, I eventually decided to switch to Photobucket.

Soon, a friend introduced me to Imgur, and thanks to how hassle-free it seemed to have been, I started utilizing it more and more. Before I even knew it, it wound up becoming my go-to image host.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I used to use Photobucket, but after a few updates it got kind of annoying to use, so I ended up using Livejournal's image hosting for almost everything and my own webspace when Livejournal wouldn't work as well. Now I don't use LJ anymore, so I've moved away from that and if I just need to upload and hotlink to an image one-off, I use imgur.

I use Dropbox for everything else. It auto-uploads any photo I take on my phone and any screenshot I take on my computers, so if I don't need to hotlink and just want to share a link to an image, it's sooo much easier to use Dropbox.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    postimg.org

no nonsense upload unlike photibucket these days. I used to be on imageshack which used to be no nonsense but arent anymore and want me to pay for putting up more pics. so there are mostly 10 to 5 yo pics on there.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I used to use Photobucket back at 2008.

And then I discover imgur after Photobucket decides to fuck shit up. Stayed on imgur ever since. :D

Also, tumblr for uploading my sig gifs and other stuff, but screenshots and the like goes to imgur.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I just use Dropbox for all my image displaying needs. Considering that there aren't that many times I need to upload one, there's never been an issue with it.

Back