• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I quit!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Have you ever had a moment where you want to stop Pokemon? Anything Pokemon, like collecting and/or playing the Pokemon TCG or playing a Pokemon game or watching the anime or reading the manga? Have you successfully made yourself stop? If yes, will you give Pokemon another chance?

I've had times when I wanted to quit the game, but I just can't get away from Pokemon. It always calls me back. I've managed to completely stop playing the TCG and watching the anime though, but when it comes to the games I'm a complete nutter. I don't think I'd give the anime and TCG another chance. They've already disappointed me lots of times, I'm not going to make it happen again. And I'm not one who likes to read manga, so the I haven't read the Pokemon manga yet.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I've wanted to quit the game a few times, but I'm always looking forward to the next release and see if it sparks my interest.

I'm still playing. :D

The anime and TCG slowly lost me when I realized it was the going to be the same thing over and over. I stopped watching around the time Ash arrived in Johto. :P I'm probably not going to look at the new episodes, but the TCG seems to be calling me back this year. I might check it out with a friend and see if I get into it. >.<

Years
  • Pokemon Platinum's release. The vast improvement of the overall game plus all the MAJOR tweaks to the metagame made it really hard to be competitive with just Pearl. Plus, I was already taxed from the enormous amount of effort to breed for good Pokes in Pearl. I just stopped after losing, having my efforts go to waste, and falling way behind the curve.

Then HG/SS came out with its miracle Power Item breeding method and all was well in the world. Then Black and White came out with infinite TMs and yeah.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I did.. >_> For a couple of years, when Johto was popular.

I became uninterested in the anime, until the whole 'Master Quest' bit which was.. the end of Johto, basically, so.. xD; I also never beat Silver or Crystal, when I owned both. They just set there. So I was really out of the Pokemon loop for two or three years (aside from seeing the movies), until R/S/E and Advanced Generation released.

I guess that wasn't really me rage-quitting, as this thread title implies, but I still lost a ton of interest.

Since then, I've loved Pokemon, and most of the time I think about how I want to stick with it, rather than wanting to quit.

Years
  • After Pokemon Crystals Release and before Ruby ans Sapphire i had kind of given up I had finished Crystal so many times. I thought i was done than one day my aunt came to visit with a pokemon Ruby she won at some party and my cousins both already had a ruby and a sapphire so she gave it to me, and i never looked back. My pokemon love was reborn.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I pretty much quit the games, i still get them and all that. I just cant really seem to play video games, even Pokemon.
    I quit the TCG, or I should. I dont always buy them, and they just pretty much sit there. so its a bit of waste of money. espc since I dont always get money /needs a job
    I still love the anime, from start to now. I sorta stopped during johto and sinnoh, but now i watch those episodes.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I got bored of pokemon and stopped playing for a while, but the adoptable site got me back into the pokemon games i like the site more than the games . I guess the only thing that turns me away from pokemon is when I finish the game and get bored of it. I dont have much time to watch the Anime, but the Anime gives me motivation to play sometimes as well.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I guess that wasn't really me rage-quitting, as this thread title implies, but I still lost a ton of interest.
    I ragequitted on the TCG tbh. It made me so furious that I never even got a hold of one card ever since.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've never felt like quitting pokemon...

Now one game I do go back and forth on is the Sims 3. It has lot's of bugs so it drives me mad I want to quit forever but I always end up coming back. :/

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I always quit pokemon. In fact, I quit playing it almost every other day from the time I played it. Its because I need to practice and sharpen my drawing skills so I need to stop gaming for awhile, then BACK AGAIN !!! XD

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Games: I get frustrated and turn it off, but I come crawling back an hour or so later, haha...

Manga: I didn't really give it a chance, to be honest. I've read bits and pieces of the various generations, but you could say I quit anyway because I didn't stick around. I thought I'd like it more because of the maturer themes, but still, only the games keep me hooked.

Anime: I gave up on it for years since the middle of Johto (or the end, can't remember). I'm watching Best Wishes on and off, only because of Dent, and the fact that I really like the Unova Pokemon. Very sad, I know. The Iris focus has made me want to quit a few times.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't ever want to quit Pokemon, but there are times in the games when I want to quit, like losing against the Battle *insert facility here* too many times in a row.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well not really Pokemon in general but maybe a certain game. Like I just can't train my team to be strong enough. Then I may feel like quitting the game but not Pokemon in general.

Years
  • I lost interest in the Pokemon franchise when R/S/E came out, mainly because I really didn't like them. I also stopped watching the R/S/E based anime, it was so bad in my opinion.

I started up again though with D/P/P, I enjoyed them. Still don't watch the anime though.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm kinda went to hiatus after my Firered and Leafgreen data suddenly lost. Then somehow in middle of 2007, I'm started playing pokemon again and still continue up to this day.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Had a massive hiatus from the games of about 5-6 years. After Sapphire, I didn't play one until SoulSilver, and even then it was a good couple of months after it came out that I even considered playing it. Maybe it was just teenage hormones or something similar, but at that time, I didn't think about Pokemon or playing the games or anything like that.

The only other Poke-related stuff I took part in was watching the anime, but I forgot about that a year into watching it... so I must have been about 11/12. Even more time ago!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I left the series for about a year after loosing my copy of Pokemon Pearl. Getting Platinum was what brought me back to the series.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Lol I don't know if this even counts, but I loved Pokemon when I was little (really only watched the anime though) and then I just sort of grew out of it for a few years, I think I stopped watching the anime during Master Quest, or even a bit before. Then I bought Ruby (my first Pokemon game) and FireRed a few years later, and after beating those I didn't have anything to do with Pokemon for a long, long, long time.

Then I heard about D/P/Pl and decided to buy Platinum, and then I found the first episode of Pokemon on YouTube and watched it and just sort of never stopped watching the anime online. It took me like a year and a half to catch up with the anime, lmao.

So now, like, over 10 years after my initial Pokemon obsession, I'm completely back into the fandom. I play the games and watch the anime online (no TCG or manga though, but I never played/read those) and keep up with it.

I've never really RAGE!quit though, although it has come to where I would put one of the games away for months without playing it just because I couldn't get past a certain point or something.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Nope, never... In fact, I've always been playing the games actively when they came out. However, I'm not a big Pokefan all the time. It comes and go, so I never officially quit.

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
  • I've never reached the point where I was like, "OKAY. I'M GOING TO QUIT PLAYING. THIS IS ENOUGH." or anything. xD; However, a lot of times I drifted away from Pokemon, mostly because I was bored with it. After a new release, I always came back. c;

Back