• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I quit!

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    Yeah that happens to me like every other year lol. But it also happened with the manga...I loved up through the Yellow series, but then G/S got so...boring that I've just given up on reading it all. Except I still check up on the B/W ones.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    In 2005 I actually did quit because the games were boring and watching animes didn't help either (anime I did quit watching regularly on a permanent basis, but I watched BW episode couple days ago), but with the emergence of HGSS I started playing pokemon games and I don't feel like stopping :)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I didn't really want to quit, but I faded out from about the time of D/P to a couple months after HG/SS came out. I ended up buying HG because I only had my DS on me, no new games, and was bored out of my mind.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Never. Since I heard about Pokemon, I never tried to stop liking the games.
    Nothing like that came to my mind, as I'm really addicted to it. ^_^;

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    I quit liking it in High School, simply because everyone who so damn close minded that you would be treated as the weird kid with no friends if you liked Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. I eventually got back into the games and played it on the quiet, everyone still thinks I quit it awhile ago and taunts me about it though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I still play Pokemon yellow up to the moment... And Im still feeling Thrilled and excited.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Have you ever had a moment where you want to stop Pokemon? Anything Pokemon, like collecting and/or playing the Pokemon TCG or playing a Pokemon game or watching the anime or reading the manga? Have you successfully made yourself stop? If yes, will you give Pokemon another chance?

I've had times when I wanted to quit the game, but I just can't get away from Pokemon. It always calls me back. I've managed to completely stop playing the TCG and watching the anime though, but when it comes to the games I'm a complete nutter. I don't think I'd give the anime and TCG another chance. They've already disappointed me lots of times, I'm not going to make it happen again. And I'm not one who likes to read manga, so the I haven't read the Pokemon manga yet.

Ive long since quit the TCG, the rules just didnt make sense to me. I also have quit the anime since around the middle of the Hoenn region, then watched it every now and again, and then stopped altogether. With the outcoming of the Unova region anime though, thinking about watching all 500 or so episodes and see how long it takes me ^_^. I had quit the games around the time D/P came out, since I thought that it sucked...Yet picked it up again not soon after...Then quit again. Now ive come back with B/W and just bought SS yesterday XD.

Ninjutsu95

Bad decisions = Good stories
    Years
    i like to read manga, and watch the originals not the crappy new ones. And im like you. (i guess), one month i am like, naw- i am growing out of pokemon. then the next 11 months, i am like I NEED POKEMON! GIMME GIMME GIMME!
    rinse and repeat a couple of times.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i still play and watch the animie, but the tcg is easilly ignored by me. Not really appealing to me.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I quit Pokemon for a really long time, actually. After playing R/S, I just started to lose interest. It's not that I *wanted* to quit, per se... but I wasn't a big fan of Hoenn and decided that from there, it probably wouldn't get better. I was wrong, of course, but I didn't know back then. I... I don't even know why I started playing again. To give me something to do, I guess. I started again with Platinum and Emerald and my collection has grown since.

ETA: I've quit the TCG on and off, too. I now collect them (have a hidden stash in my desk drawer) but I don't really play the card game or anything. I just mostly collect them for looks.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I've stopped the TCG. I got WAAAY bored of that. Anime got really stupid as well. But I can NEVER quit the Video Games. I just LOVE them. Though there are times when I don't play for a while, but that's usually because of School.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I gave up the anime halfway through Johto, as I was getting more and more annoyed at the sheer stupidity of the main characters.

I almost gave up on B/W after seeing the female trainer's design, but after hearing more about the games, I finally (like a week before they came out) to bite the bullet and buy them.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I stopped watching the anime after Johto, never gave the tcg (or any type of trading card game) a chance, and though I've always like the games sometimes I take long breaks from gaming. (Though those breaks have recently become rare)

Back