• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I really want to talk to you, but I am to shy...

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
    Have you ever just wanted to talk to a guy/girl, but was to shy to do so? It can be in real life or here on PC. I have this problem. I want to talk to people, but I just say nevermind to myself and just walk away and such. I also have the fear of talking to someone and they are the total complete oposite of me. It happens to me on here a lot, but does anyone else have this problem. Probably not... (Sigh)

Years
    Yeah, I'm still pretty shy. Women often try to hold a conversation with me but I end up just staring with a dumbfounded expression like is she really speaking to me? o.0. . I have a hard time responding so I'll never imagine myself initiating a conversation.

There's a few people on here I would just like to say " Hey, how are you doing? ", but like myself I concluded that people don't respond well to strangers just speaking to you, lol. Many things factor into my shyness and as a result of that I'm usually too self-conscious to converse with others.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    This is pretty much my everyday life. I can't approach anyone without feeling as if I'm being a bother or rude. It's so hard for me because of my autism. I used to be really good with befriending people, but I guess after countless of lost friendships, it put an impact on how I socialize with others and make an attempt to get new friends. Hell, my Facebook only has eight people on it. That's how bad I am at making friends because I just can't mingle with other people without feeling like I don't belong.

Years
    I usually don't go out of my way to chat with someone, but I'll chat with people if they approach me. I'm nowhere near shy, but I will express that trait at times when around a very large group of people for sure.

Years
    This is definitely me. I always have problems starting up conversations with people, both in real life and online, due to being entirely too anxious about it. I always worry that what I say might seem too silly or too stupid to the other person. Only in personal settings though, when I'm in a group it's not as bad.

This does get a little awkward whenever it involves someone I would really like to get to know, though. The desire to do so usually can't overcome the anxiety. :X Bah.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    hmm
    this is true for me in situations like being in a café or something, on the off chance that i actually want to talk to a new person when in a social situation
    it's more anxiety than shyness

but in a more... official situation, I have no qualms with taking up leadership and talking to new people and at least establishing a rapport

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    2006 I was a freshman in high school. It was the last year I was ever considered, "Shy." I traveled to South Carolina for the summer in 2007, the vision of life, the people I've met, actually changed me for the better. Now? I can't shut up for the life of me and the things I randomly say or do, to most people it would be an embarrassment and whatnot. I am so super talkative that I am a super outgoing person as well. I can start a conversation and keep it going any time I want with anyone really. The only thing is, if I don't want to have a conversation, it's generally because I simply don't want to or am busy with something else.

Those that know me, I type way to much and can type up a story anytime, anywhere. If I can do that by typing on PokeCommunity imagine hanging out with me in real life haha.

pkmin3033

I guess I'm more anxious and reserved...depending upon my mood and who I'm talking to. I'm fairly comfortable talking to other people, it's just initiating the conversation that I have difficulty with, and I'm not very good at consistent conversation either. I worry about getting on people's nerves, and I'm reserved by nature, so I guess I can come across as quite shy...and I think of myself as fairly shy.

Half the time when I want to talk to someone I won't, even if I already know them. My presence is usually a bother; I prefer to let others decide whether or not they want to suffer talking with me or not. xD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    In real life, I'm pretty shy. Not to the point where it's crippling in conversations, considering I'm in the customer service industry for a living, but I'm not one to make the first move to start a conversation. However, once a conversation is started, I'm pretty laid back and try to be as casual about it as possible. Although, don't you dare start talking to be about writing unless you have at least two hours to spare. Once I start, I don't stop.

On PC, I'll sometimes start conversations, but it's rare. I'll wait for someone to message me, which seems to be the popular method here, so I don't really get into conversations all that often, haha,

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I can talk to other people if I want to. But those discussions always turn out to getting me nowhere. Can't talk about stuff that I like, can't talk about stuff they like and in the end I'm back to being all alone again.

And when that happens I'm down and cynical for a while.

Years
    I am actually extremely shy in real life, because I have autism and not having any real life friends has caused me to suffer social anxiety, which makes it hard for me to communicate because I find myself going mute.

Online though, I'm not so shy but that's because I have bonded so much with this community that they treat me like the friends I never had. PC is basically what my real life community wasn't able to be.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Yes. I don't really talk to anyone unless they talk to me, that goes for irl as well as pc. So even though I've thought of talking to people before on here I kinda just stare at their profile for a couple of minutes and then leave.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    Only time I'm really shy is if I'm interested in a guy. Then I'm going to avoid him like the plague. I'll talk to a person that sits next to me in class after I've checked them out to see if they're a nice person.

Online, it's kinda more difficult. There's some people I wish I was friends with on Tumblr/sim games but I never talk to them because they already have other friends. I feel like I have no place if they already have people they already really like. If they have a really cool blog/top player on a game, it's even harder for me to talk to them.

Sirfetch’d

My social anxiety really makes me a super shy person in real life. I absolutely never go up to someone to talk to them or otherwise I will start freaking out, sweating, and becoming overly paranoid about the entire situation. Granted I am not as bad now as I used to be like back in high school but it still affects me to the point of where most of the people I talk with regularly are online where I am not shy in the slightest haha.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i can be kind of apprehensive when it comes to speaking with others, sometimes. however, i have more difficulty with it in real life than i do over the internet. i think it's because in real life i tend to have less interest in conversation than i do online? because i get online mostly for conversation and Bob's Burgers. ;P

i wouldn't say my apprehension is shyness more than it is anxiety though. it can be physically painful to converse with people irl thanks to it's amazing "fight-or-flight" response to everything. :')

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm shy both PC and irl so I barely start up conversations with new people. It's the "starting" the conversation part that's hard, but after that I can converse just fine. Aside from that, I am the "I'll just admire you from afar cause I think you're cool" person.

Back