• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I SAID I DON'T WANT TO!

Years
    @ driving, even though I finally learned this because of necessity, I do understand why people would be nervous of it. I'm not too fond of driving myself even though I know how to - I did have a very minor but still nerve-rattling experience when I still only had a permit that put me off getting my license for years. Although I haven't touched a stick shift since then, and will never again if I have any say in it. You can't make me drive one.

@ swimming, this is probably the one thing I'm still wary of learning. I'm sure I can, but I have this thing against going into any sort of water where I can't touch bottom and still have my head above water. I mean, I could learn swimming past what little I've learned on my own, but if I'm still scared off by deeper water, then what's the point?

And related to swimming, learning how to dive at all? Oh no no. Not doing that.

@ anything else ....no, can't really think of much that I wouldn't mind learning. Not at this moment anyway.

Sirfetch’d

@ driving, even though I finally learned this because of necessity, I do understand why people would be nervous of it. I'm not too fond of driving myself even though I know how to - I did have a very minor but still nerve-rattling experience when I still only had a permit that put me off getting my license for years. Although I haven't touched a stick shift since then, and will never again if I have any say in it. You can't make me drive one.

I absolutely refuse to learn how to drive a stick shift. My dad tried to teach me how to drive using one and I had a minor accident when doing so. It's just so complicated and requires much more awareness as opposed to standard and yeah it just isn't for me either 8(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There are a lot of things I want to learn from driving, cooking, swimming, cycling to anything. I guess that's because I'm curious by nature? So far I haven't encounter things that I don't want to learn, having the time to learn is one another thing though, hahaha!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm pretty open to learning new things. You never know when a skill could come in handy, so I don't see a reason not to learn something if you can.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've had people try to push me to learn how to do origami and sewing but I don't enjoy either of them as my fine motor skills aren't too great. They're probably right in that I should practice more but I'll pass, haha.

Learning how to drive is also another one but I'm not old enough to get a licence yet so I'll worry about that later. 8)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Probably driving. However, there are reasons for this.

1. I have a poor sense of direction.
    2. I get highly distracted.

There are more, but I can't think of them. I also don't like math. Another thing is cooking, only that's due to a bad experience as a child. Holding down a job is also not going to happen, which is why I'm currently on SSI. :| Oh, and going to college as well. Though, none of these things besides math ever come up as being forced on me.

There is one thing... and that's flying on a plane. I know I'm going to have to thanks to having severe separation anxiety disorder from my parents. There's no way I can have someone else babysit me while they go off on vacation. D:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    The horse has already been flayed way past death at this point, but as everyone else is saying, driving. Public transport for life! Making friends drive me and not having guilt over it!

I also have no interest in learning how to change a tire or do anything else with cars. I'd rather just be helpless.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Math is definitely a big one, driving not so much. I do want to learn how to drive, but I don't have the funds to maintain an upkeep on a vehicle of any age. It's math because ever since High School they go through it faster and faster and I simply cannot learn that fast. Unfortunately, the course I need to take in College requires it so I don't have an option.

yeah definitely math as well

I've been told that I should take a math course in college as I'm gonna be a teacher and all but... the only reason I'd have anything to do with math is if I was being a substitute for a math class and I'd just tell the students to google the answers because I don't know shit and I refuse to

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Shooting. My dad always encouraged me to learn how to shoot, but I always chickened out. My aim is terrible and I'm a very anxious person. I'm pretty sure I'm not the kind of guy who should hold a firearm in his hand.

Also, giving injections. I hate needles, and I'm afraid I may end up hurting someone or accidentally injure myself.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i'm open to learning anything really, but i guess math is probably the lowest on my priority list. my mental math skills are appalling-- like honestly someone else can just do that for me in a real life situation.. or a calculator. :I

my career choice never steers in any mathematical directions, so i'm only gonna learn enough math to finish off my degree and then be done with it forever.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Hmm, I'm not really sure. I guess I really dislike anything medical related. But aside from that I like to learn anything new really :/

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Really shocked at how many people absolutely don't want to learn how to drive. Having a car gives me so much freedom.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Wow looks like lots of people dislike driving, riding bikes, and swimming lol. I personally like doing them and do them pretty well imo, but what I'm resistant in learning would be speaking Chinese in public or learning any of its dialects. Part of the reason could be that I'm not proficient in the language at all, and trying to speak it would end up with me being embarrassed in front of most of my friends, who are proficient. The other reasons why are unknown to me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Really shocked at how many people absolutely don't want to learn how to drive. Having a car gives me so much freedom.

gotta agree with this. there's no other feeling like driving a car somewhere.. it's really powerful and liberating tbh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Personally I think driving is such a freeing experience. You can drive practically anywhere you want to go!! You literally are in control of a machine that plays music!! I never felt more independent than when I got my license and I took my first drive alone. I was just like "wow I'm literally alone and free to do whatever I please in this moment!!!"

The only time I don't want to learn something is if it doesn't interest me at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I hate learning the piano. Every time I see the piano, I want to burn it, even to this day. Mother's been extremely persistent for over a decade. Like I have a degree and a nice job now, I'm pretty decent with two other instruments, no need to learn it no mo-- "But, what if you become poor? You can teach kids piano!" Looking back, I can understand the worry of me and her faith in the piano. I'm never the brightest student, nor am I the most motivated when it comes to gaining money. She has a few piano teachers as friends who all have at least a dozen or more students making $40-$50 off of them per hour. Her persistence is becoming less and less though, as she sees this Graphic Designer of hers starting to shine.

But I agree with those who says learning how to drive is totally worth it. It becomes so convenient and you feel so much freedom. You no longer need to be dependent of others. You have no idea. You can bring your friends to places, you no longer need naggy parents taking you places, you can drive alone. Sometimes the only alone time I've ever have is in my car. And it feels so calming.

Last edited:
    Back