• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I saw Elfen Lied... it made me vomit.........

Shion

Uso da!!!
Years
  • I tell you, the the gore level in that anime series is hardly acceptable for any age! It should be restricted from all human life.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I've seen the first few episodes, yes I agree it's pretty bad but there is worse out there. ADV sent on a preview disk an edited version of the first episode.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Why are you blaming the anime for your weak mind? :\

Years
  • I am going to agree with 22sa on this subject, I have watched the anime myself and I did not find it to be that gory compared to various other series. If you can't tolerate the gore, then perhaps you shouldn't have watched it? It's clearly stated that the show isn't for the faint of heart.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • 22sa said:
    Why are you blaming the anime for your weak mind? :\
    I agree. If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's simple as that.

And I don't know if making a thread about disliking an anime is allowed. o.o

I personally think it's a great show, but if you don't like it, don't watch it. Just click exit. XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    nah, it might turn into more of discussion mainly due to:
    a) Title's not complete hate
    b) It's not really a huge hate post (which is usually ssuposed to happen with these types)

it really isn't that bad, there's plenty of blood in movies and games these days anyways

besides, cute and innocent girls XD
    and a great Ending song at that

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • When I first heard of it, I just saw the cute loli-like pictures, so my first thought of it was 'cute!'~ But then when I became more interest in it, I found out how gory it was x.x But then again, I guess it couldn't be the anime without that :\

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • I've seen up to volume 2 of it and I actually like it, It has a neat story I think. I agree with everyone who said if you don't like it, don't watch it. Your faint of heart then it really wasn't something you should have watched to begin with. It perfectly shows on the DVD that it will have nudity and gore and is intended for people who can handel it. I know people younger who have handeled it and like it, so I wouldn't say its not acceptable for anyone, just not for people who can't handel blood.

And trust me, there are even show out there with violence level going through the roof. If you thought Elfen Lied was bad, then I suggest you stay far away from shows like Apoccolyspe Zero.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Dawg 2005 said:
    I agree. If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's simple as that.

And I don't know if making a thread about disliking an anime is allowed. o.o

I personally think it's a great show, but if you don't like it, don't watch it. Just click exit. XD

I agree with John, if you don't have the guts to see bloody anime then don't. Elfen Lied is a good anime and its sad that it ended so very quickly. They could have shown more of Nyuu's kittie side xD

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Rock Lee said:
    I agree with John, if you don't have the guts to see bloody anime then don't. Elfen Lied is a good anime and its sad that it ended so very quickly. They could have shown more of Nyuu's kittie side xD
    Nyuu is just too cute. XD It is sad that it was so short. ;;

The first episode must've made you vomit, because that was bloody. XD

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • Sucks that it made you vomit. I don't really think there is that much gore in it. It is really an wonderful anime and I am quite dissapointed that it was only 13 episodes. You also can't say what is acceptable to people if maybe you just have a weak mind?

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Beskonechnyj beg said:
    Sucks that it made you vomit. I don't really think there is that much gore in it. It is really an wonderful anime and I am quite dissapointed that it was only 13 episodes. You also can't say what is acceptable to people if maybe you just have a weak mind?
    Well, technically it was 14 episodes, but it took place between...10-11 I believe?

Beskonechy is right, though. And it's not a maybe, Beskon, she definatly has a weak mind. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that you can't take that much...cartoon blood. O_O

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • ... Dude. There's a reason why Elfen Lied is rated MA, you know. Strong theme, strong animated violence. If you've got a weak stomach to such things, then you shouldn't watch them. I personally think Elfen Lied is one of the best Animes ever made. (Not that I have much to compare it with. XD) The plot is interesting and suspensive, the characters are unique and easy to like, the voice actors are talented and fitting, and the Dub version is perfect. (It's not often that we get such an awesome Dub for an Anime. Although I do like the Japanese version better.)

Having so much blood and gore makes the story more dramatic and intense. (EG; When Kouta's sister, Kanae was killed by Lucy. And when Lucy apologized to Kouta eight years later.) The only bad thing I can say for the show is that some things often feel uncompleted. Mayu and her Mother and Step Father, for intense. That never felt completed. And we never find out if Bandou was killed by Lucy, or just seriously maimed. We never find out who that 'person behind the door was,' or what Mr. Kakuzawa was on about at the end of episode 13. If Shueisha doesn't make another season, I'll be very disopointed. But I doubt a multimillion company like that would give two craps about what I think. XD

Anyways, Bianca, as I said, the show is MA (US = R, I guess). It's also titled; 'drama, horror, and supernatural.' If the show had been rated G and titled 'action, adventure, and comedy,' then you might have reason to worry. But since it clearly says on the box that it's not for kids, I think you brought this upon yourself. And making a thread about it was really unnecessary. >>

Dawg 2005 said:
    Aw, come on, Johny-boy. You only like it because I told you to watch it. You didn't even want to at first. XD

digi-kun said:
    nah, it might turn into more of discussion mainly due to:
    a) Title's not complete hate
    b) It's not really a huge hate post (which is usually ssuposed to happen with these types)

it really isn't that bad, there's plenty of blood in movies and games these days anyways

besides, cute and innocent girls XD
    and a great Ending song at that
    Be Your Girl is awesome. One of the few Japanese songs with perfect English. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD

Wow...

I saw Elfen Lied....

I loved it.

The part where Lucy killed the guy with the pencil.... yeah...that was awesome...

Other then that, the violence isn't what made me like it. I also really got into the plot line.

If you've only seen the first episode, keep watching. Voilence/ Nudity wise, thats the worst one...
    I also really liked the music for the series.

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    i can't beleive you guys! elfen lied is one of my favourites! yeah it has a little too much blood but i saw all of it and it kicks ***! personally i don't get disquisted that easily.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • calanton said:
    i can't beleive you guys! elfen lied is one of my favourites! yeah it has a little too much blood but i saw all of it and it kicks ***! personally i don't get disquisted that easily.
    What're you talking about, man? Everyone (apart from Bianca) is defending the show. Didn't you read any of the posts? O_o

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • calanton said:
    Next time you decide to make a post about everyone who posted in this thread, try reading the posts first. Bianca is the only one against the show. O.o

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • XD It's not THAT gorey imo.

Well...to most people it is..bleh XP

I admit, though, I was actually scared at first because of what you people said. XD

Then again, I only watched the first 7 minutes of it. It kinda..reminds me of Akira lol *fave Anime movie* So tell me; does it get worse or something?

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I think the gory parts is what made the anime basically. It's one of my favorite anime. This is why you should go look for a summary of an anime before you watch it so you don't spend your time downloading it for no reason. Well, if you saw the first episode and hated, I guess you shouldn't watch it then, neh?

I wish the series lasted a bit longer, it was a disappoinment of how short it was ;__; The anime had a lot of drama in it as well, but had some funny parts in it so it wasn't completely sad. Even though it was a rather short anime series, I really enjoyed how the end turned out. I wouldn't change anything about it basically.

Back