• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I start college in the morning.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I should be in bed sleeping right now since I need to be up a 7 am at least cause my first day of college starts at 9am today. (or tomorrow if it;s still the 13th where you're at)It's both overwhelming and exciting.

It's been two years and a half since I've been to any school and I've been more used to the "sleep when I want to and wake up at whatever time" and the "not do anything all day" routines that I might have to get used to living on a normal schedule. All my classes are Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes so I''ll be on PC the most on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend. It's only a local 2 year community college it's not like I'll be away from home or anything. But this is what I'll be doing the next two years of my life.

My first class, as I mentioned, as at 9 am , which is an hour later than when my first high school class started , but much earlier than when I'm normally awake (which is usually after noon but sometimes as late as 2 or 3pm). I've been told over and over how in college if you show up late most professors will say you fail for that day. I know that's not true with all schools, but it's still good to be on time in case that happens. Falling too many classes obviously leads to failing the entire course. I failed a course in high school and it was a very messy process of making it up by doing a correspondence course. I'd hate to do that again. I want to try as hard as I can to study and do my work. Be on time more and turn in more assignments on time. I know the school has services for people who have learning disabilities or might need more time to do work and tests like I do , so I'm gonna take advantage of those oppurtunites as much as I need them. I think I'm pretty determined to try as hard as I can cause it's a lot of money being wasted if I failed. I'm looking forward to what my first semester of college brings me way. (And also a bit scared by it.) Okay well of to sleep now cause I'll need a good amount to pay enough attention today,

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Your text formatting, makes it horribly difficult to read your entries; just a heads up.

Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things. I'm sure you'll get into a routine sooner or later, good luck with your studies! (:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    curiousnathan;bt94970 said:
    Your text formatting, makes it horribly difficult to read your entries; just a heads up.

Mind giving me tips? I've always been trying to improve that.

But other than that thanks for your other comment. I always appreciate the encouragement. I'm pretty determined to get back on a routine schedule. The first day seems to be the easiest cause it's usually just "here's what the class is about and here's what you need." but I'm prepared for the days afterwords.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    Good luck for coming semesters, I heard they are really hard, but you will get used to it.

And better pay more attention to studying-related events, instead of sleeping in late (which will be really hard if you are going to wake up early)

Back