• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Survived a Japanese Game Show!

The Rookie

Hacker/Writer/<Insert Here>
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    Well, the season just started and I find it quite enjoyable. It is a little erratic, but the games look fun. The Green Tigers have started with a strong start, two wins in a row! The Red Robots have to clean the Subway Station while The Green Tigers are flown in a helicopter to Mt. Fuji.

Well, what are your thoughts?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I can honestly say that my least favorite element of the show is the actual competitions. xD;

The show is awesome, since it's set in Japan, and you get to see some sites, etc, but the game show part doesn't pull me in like the rest of it. It's so just weird that I don't really find a lot of it too funny, for some reason. Some of the humiliation is lulz worthy, though. I like to see how wins, who goes home, and the rewards/punishments, but like I said.. the Majide part itself just doesn't do much for me. >.>

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    It's really unauthentic and cheesy.
    Plus, it's a bit too crazy. But not that much I guess.

I heard the audiences weren't normal Japanese people.
    Then again, what kind of a Japanese person would watch that show?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    This show is lol. I watched a bit of the first season and I just found it really weird. It was kind of funny, but not my thing.
    Having watched quite a lot of real Japanese game shows before, it feels way too over exaggerated imo.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's really unauthentic and cheesy.
    Plus, it's a bit too crazy. But not that much I guess.

I heard the audiences weren't normal Japanese people.
    Then again, what kind of a Japanese person would watch that show?

Well, it's pretty authentic in a way.. Majide isn't a real Japanese gameshow, but it IS highly based on quite a few real ones. So it's pretty much the insanity from five other gameshows, combined. As for the audience, they're not normal Japanese people, per-say.. they're just a group of Japanese nerds, more-or-less. XD That enjoy laughing at the stupid Americans. >.>

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The games look rather fun to me.

...Japanese nerds, more-or-less. XD That enjoy laughing at the stupid Americans. >.>
    Thats what my mom said, it makes Americans look like idiots.

For some reason it reminds of something like Mario Party just a bunch of random games and stuff. I know that I would definitely go on it.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Although it's quite creative, the game is well, sort of... torturing?
    I mean... getting embarassed for $250,000? (correct me if I'm wrong)
    They're kind of desperate...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I watched the first season last summer and wasn't really impressed. All it was, was overexaggerated games played by Americans who seem to be pretty stupid when participating in the games.
    Although it's quite creative, the game is well, sort of... torturing?
    I mean... getting embarassed for $250,000? (correct me if I'm wrong)
    They're kind of desperate...
    How can you be desperate for that amount of money? Everyone would like that kind of money and I would do worse things then them to get it.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Well, it's pretty authentic in a way.. Majide isn't a real Japanese gameshow, but it IS highly based on quite a few real ones. So it's pretty much the insanity from five other gameshows, combined. As for the audience, they're not normal Japanese people, per-say.. they're just a group of Japanese nerds, more-or-less. XD That enjoy laughing at the stupid Americans. >.>

The closest gameshow I can think of is the Tokyo Friend Park and it's nowhere as humiliating. Maybe Tonnerus minasann no okage deshita might be as humiliating, but it's not that much of a gameshow, it's more comedy.

I personally think Wipeout did a better job of imitating a Japanese show.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I LOL'ed while watching that.
    It's simply embarrassing for the people who play it.
    :B

Back