• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I swear, my game must have glitched or something...

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    It happens, not every game is bug proof. Its hard to claim there isn't any bugs, though less and less as games become more polished. Its only good when there entertainment value in exploiting these glitches.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Game glitches are real, all right. For example, sometimes when I used Thunderbolt in Pokemon Sapphire, the sound for Thunderbolt played again and again, even after the battle, until I turned the game off.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • There are definitely some glitches that exist. The rare candy one in Pokemon Red comes to mind--it seemed insane but it actually worked which made way for so many fake glitches back in that era. PokeGods, getting all the starters, Mew under the truck... :P And it didn't help that RBY had that ridiculously detailed Mew glitch that actually worked. @_@

I don't notice many people talking about fake glitches anymore. I guess it's so easy to find myth debuffs and whatnot online that people don't bother making stuff up anymore if it can't be replicated.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • My unfinished Epic Mickey playthrough because of a game-ending glitch says hi.

My copy of ALttP GBA where I couldn't get to the final boss because the pyramid wouldn't open (I've done it many times before and since), also says hi.

But those aren't fun glitches. They're annoying

Like Lightning said, R/B/Y is probably notorious for it. I fell for Yoshi in Blue though XD That one was fake.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i remember once i was grinding in original red on route 1 and i was on an emulator using the speed button and i went through a fence. i got stuck and had to reset :(.

in spore hero i got stuck on the side of a ledge and screwed up my wii.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I found a glitch on the internet, I have the game so I tired it.
    it's in ToG/F. its called the "accessory glitch". in Tales of Graces for the wii it was there.
    But they never took it out in ToGF for the PS3. here is a video of it.

I really like this glitch it helps out alot specially in a speed run or 2nd playthough (:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I remember getting stuck in a block in Megaman 2 once. I think it happened when I used Item 2 too high and had a block spawn on Megaman's head. Unfortunatley, I've never been able to replicate this glitch again.

Also, Missingno. anyone?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Actually, I don't think the Mario thing with 99 lives is a glitch. It happens when you get all the stars, and Yoshi appears on top of the castle and gives you that many lives.

But anyway, back to the topic, there was a funny thing which happened to me with a glitch. I'm not sure if it counts, but me and my friend were once playing Ratchet and Clank, and his Dad was intrigued, and we let him have a go. Somehow he managed to jump over one of the energy barriers, which was weird, considering you're not meant to access that area at that time. The funny thing was he didn't understand what was happening either. It was a good day. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Ei remember getting stuck in a loop in Sonic 2 and kunckles by spin-dashing into a dash panel. Another strange glitch encounterd was in the 3DS menu. Ei decided to switch games, and the 3DS thought it still had the old game in the card slot.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • That's odd. I've never had that happen to me. Ever. My GBA SP glitches on me, but it's more of a physical fault, but if I fiddle with my power switch, I can turn it off while the power switch is in the "ON" position.
    Yup, I can do this too.

In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, you can find bad guys disguised as regular working Koalas. There are 25 of them in total, and the game keeps record of how many you have unmasked.

However, in one save file, they don't show up. I know where they are, I go to the exact location, and yet nothing happens. They do pop up on other save files.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • On my copy of Mario All-Stars, in the Lost Levels, I actually have a save in World 9. I didn't cheat or anything, it's just there. I haven't been able to replicate it on any other save... And it hasn't happened before. Really entertaining bunch of levels. You even get to see a Goomba underwater! :D

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Lol the PokeGods and the Mew under the truck ones brings back so many memories... and corrupted save data for some people xD

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • A few years ago, I was playing Metroid Prime Corruption. I was on Norion at the part where you have to fix the generator when I talked to Gandraya. During the cutscene, the game froze for no apparent reason and her music just kept playing. I'm assuming that some freak accident must have happened to the disc while it was spinning because even today, I have never seen anything like it happen ever again. During all the other times I went through that part, it played out normally and nothing happened. The game came out of this completely unharmed.

Last edited:

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • most recent one would have to be with skate 2 when i was playing it last week. i was just slowly going up a while when all of a sudden the board disappeared and my dude did a double sideflip. it made me lol. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    this doesn't surprise me, it is a big game which we should get updates from live networks like any other console systems

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The Infinite Sword glitch in both Zelda N64 games spring to mind, as well as the bombchu hover. Seems insane to think about, but it works, and people can finish the game really quickly with these. As well as Bottle Adventure, which manipulates glitches to no end.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Glitches are real. It's just the rumors that make glitches seem fake. (most famous one being the mew under truck - if that's even classified as a glitch)

Below are some of the most famous glitches found in various games... (2 to be fair)

mario1-minus-world-5.png

skeletonpokemon1.png
    180px-HPokePokedex.png

0.jpg
    4.png

mario+coins+unlimited+screen.jpg

Back