• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I swear Poffin making will be the death of my touch screen.

Athena

Untitled.
Years
  • Okay so at first the Poffin making is nice and slow and generally relaxed... but once those flames go blue and you can just rip through it. Man, I swear I am going to have permanent swirl marks on the lower DS screen. xDD!! It just gets so intense, and it's hilarious when friends are around and everyone is just freaking out. *cackle*

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I rarely make poffins because my screen gets so sratched. =(
    But it is fun doing it with your friends, and them freaking out! XD

We just spin it like crazy or let it burn for fun sometimes! Lol!

(And if you think making poffins is the death of your screen, have you played Pokemon Ranger yet? o_o)

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • I like to make failpoffins with my friends too.

It's actually not that big of a deal on your touch screen if you use the pre-order styli.

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
  • I definitely invested in a screen protector and I am happy for that. xD I use this pen that I got at the Japanese Pokemon Center (Haha literally they have one in Tokyo). It's a cute Pikachu one so hopefully that's fine. xD;

And no... I haven't played Pokemon Ranger yet. I did watch the Manaphy movie while I was visiting Japan though so I sorta get how you have to sorta... swirl around them or something. xD To capture them.

But ah! It was hilarious playing with my friend yesterday. He was all like "I can't poffin anymore! My arm is too tired!" xD

Last edited:

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I'm so glad I got a screen protector. It's SO VERY worth it. If you don't have one on your screen, you're crazy.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • (And if you think making poffins is the death of your screen, have you played Pokemon Ranger yet? o_o)

Ha! I feel your pain... it was actually more of a pain in my wrist and fingers. Strange thing is, being a rather accomplished pianist, my fingers and wrists have been through the worst torture in front of 88 keys, and a tiny pen and Nintendo DS destroyed me. Ironic, eh?

I'm obsessive-compulsive, so I know how you feel, Athena. I've invested in MANY screen protectors, but can never seem to get the top screen right (there's always a damned air bubble in the middle).

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I only protect the bottom screen. The top screen is pretty safe without a protector, plus it looks much better without one, so I just leave it alone.

Rat

Years
  • I miss the berry blender from R/S/E :( That was fun. And easy. This is kinda fun, easy, but very tiering. Grr.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • The touch screen isn't too wasted after Poffin. Having a screen protector helps so much though in keeping it in a good condition.

Poffin swirling swirling and swirling.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    my bottom screen's pretty scratched too, but not from poffin making. I bet most of them were from pokemon ranger, and mario basketball.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I dont bother with poffin, I get my Pokemon from R/S/E that were in the contest in those games and use there moves and condition for these contest in D/P

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Pfft, if you think that's tough on your touch screen, you should try playing Elite Beat Agents on the hardest mode. Even as an experienced musical gamer, that is one tough game, especially the last song, which took me fifty~ tries.

Years
  • I didn't have a screen protector on my DS until I noticed that the Poffin's involved me drawing a circle on my touch screen. After the first time of doing it I quickly saved my game and pulled out my never used screen protectors I got in a DS starter kit. The whole circle thing was one reason why I didn't get Ranger (plus it didn't sound like any fun), but I have it now for the Manphy egg.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    >>
    Pokemon Ranger isn't too tough on my screen, because I tend to try and not press on it too hard.. x__x
    I rarely play it though, I love the characters, and the movie, but the game fails to amuse me for more then 30 minutes at a time..

As for poffins, haven't made it any yet...but I fear the results.
    I'll probably freak out as well. xDD

Back