• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i think the gen 4 evo ruiners should get makeovers

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    -rhyperiors body was ok, had potential...but something about its face...someone else said this but it looks like a fat guy with a bad nose job. i always liked rhydons dino look.
    -electivire. this thing looks like dr.robotnik mixed with some weird orangutan gorilla. i always liked electabuzzs look.
    -magmotar, its body is good but its face kills it and makes it look like some fat bully kid from elementry school. hell it almost directly resembles the fire breather trainers from hg/ss
    sadly nothing can be done about magnezone and togekiss in my eyes. but they did good with gliscor and yanmega.

i know many of you feel they have been ruined, and hopefully GF does too. should they give them slight or heavy makeovers?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Or they could just remove them and we can all pretend they never existed... Except Rhyperior, Electivire and Magmotar are all good pokemon and look good too you are just hating on them...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Tossing this over to Pokémon General since it's more a complaint/issue with general designs than anything specific for the Gen 5 games. :s

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The only unpopular 4th gen evoke that hasn't grown on me yet is Lickilicky, who, if I didn't know better, I would swear was Lickitung pre-evo. :/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    Rhyperior is the only one that i can`t stand. It looks like crap and nowhere as good as its pre-evo form. I really wish they would redesign it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Please, evolutions were being ruined back in Generation I. If anything, what Generation IV did was nothing compared to I. Look at Diglett. Once he evolved he lost his phallic representation. Don't believe me? Look at this. I could go on about how Charizard was just awful or how Golduck has no charm to it compared to Psyduck, but I think I'll stop.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Please, evolutions were being ruined back in Generation I. If anything, what Generation IV did was nothing compared to I. Look at Diglett. Once he evolved he lost his phallic representation. Don't believe me? Look at this. I could go on about how Charizard was just awful or how Golduck has no charm to it compared to Psyduck, but I think I'll stop.

hmm maybe true to but i never minded it.. like raichu, pikas evo. never had the charm that pika did.

but i'm talking about some of gen 1's classics being ruined by horrible looking evos. if they want to evolve old pokes, then make em look good

Years
    hmm maybe true to but i never minded it.. like raichu, pikas evo. never had the charm that pika did.

but i'm talking about some of gen 1's classics being ruined by horrible looking evos. if they want to evolve old pokes, then make em look good

I used to think the same thing about Raichu. Then, when I played SS and had a Raichu following me around, I changed my mind. The thing looks awesome.

And honestly, I really liked the Gen IV evos, with the exception of Lickylicky. When I saw Electivire and Magmortar, I thought, "Wow, they've finally made those two cool!" Togekiss looks dumb, but is an awesome pokemon. Really... I have no issue with any of the evos, and I hope they stay the same.

Back