• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think this would be a cool feature.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'm a member of another forum, more geared towards music and the like (I'll withhold the name to refrain from advertising), and they have this feature called "Who Quoted Me". It's pretty much exactly what it says. You click on the "Who Quoted Me" link in your control panel and it'll list all of the posts that someone has quoted you. I've used it a ton to keep track of conversations in multiple threads and especially in ones I'd normally forget about.

It might not sound that cool but it's a really handy feature.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've always wanted something like that. I thought it was already somewhere amongst subscription options, eluding me, but after really looking... huh.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd support adding something like this if you knew exactly what the plugin/feature was called.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I'm trying to find it on vBulletin.org, what is the vBulletin version for PokeCommunity? So I can narrow down the search?

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    As long as you're able to be able to turn the feature on or off... because for some of us who don't care about being quoted... yea it'd get a little annoying.
    I agree with ya Arcanine, it will eventually have it's fame, then become a head sore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm trying to find it on vBulletin.org, what is the vBulletin version for PokeCommunity? So I can narrow down the search?

As long as you're able to be able to turn the feature on or off... because for some of us who don't care about being quoted... yea it'd get a little annoying.
    How counterproductive. If someone's quoting you they're generally making a direct reply to your post.
    But yeah, I do agree that like any other feature this should be optional.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

If someone's quoting you they're generally making a direct reply to your post, so in not caring you're not making yourself out to be a productive forumer. Unless you prefer to keep tabs open, then fair enough.
    3.8, actually.

And if it's a thread you have no further interest in, I can see how constant replies would get annoying. Especially if it's just something like a poll in OVP that you started and a lot of people start quoting the first post as they reply. :[

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Thanks, searching for a mod named "Who Quoted Me?" on vBulletin.org

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I can't find it. What is the actual name of the hack?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen yesterday
    Kind of pointless honestly...

I don't see why you would need to know who's quoted you. If you're interested in the thread, you'd already see it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    And if it's a thread you have no further interest in, I can see how constant replies would get annoying. Especially if it's just something like a poll in OVP that you started and a lot of people start quoting the first post as they reply. :[
    Ah, yeah. I don't start many threads so that didn't occur to me. :0

I don't see why you would need to know who's quoted you. If you're interested in the thread, you'd already see it.
    Frankly I'd rather not keep a billion tabs open just to check for replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years

What do you mean by "you'd already see it"? It's not pointless, because you may want to know who's replied to your message (instead of the odd number of people who add to your reputation with a comment). If you're interested in a thread, it doesn't mean you check back to see it all the time. You may miss something that you don't know about.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Glad to see this thread is getting some attention. I don't know the name of the mod or anything like that so i'm sorry I can't help you that way. Personally I loved the idea when I used it on the other site. Instead of sifting through long threads I could go straight to where someone directly addressed me. Antyways hope you guys keep this idea a possibility!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This feature would really be useful to me. I know I've come to the situation where someone's replied to me with a direct quote from a post I've made, and I found it a month or two later, where it's irrelevant and no longer able to be replied to. Then I feel guilty for not replying to the person, since I usually like to respond to whoever directs some form of communication to me.

Back