• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I thought this would be Helpful.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Very interesting, and very nicely calculated as well. All appears to make sense and nothing seems to have been damaged during the process so I may well give this a go at some stage to try it out for myself.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    It works flawless. I now have a level 9 totodile, a level 5 chikorita, and a level 5 cyndaquil and technically i havent ran into one battle yet. Man this games gonna be easy now haha, all i need is maybe an ampharos and a heracross and maybe a slowbro

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Nifty. I knew about the cloning trick in G/S, but I never thought about trying to use it to get all the starters. I'll have to try it out for myself. :3

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Just follow the video, it puts it into very simple terms. I did it a bit faster then the video so it took me about 5 mins and after about an hour of grinding before the first gym i have a level 15 quilava, a level 15 chikorita, and a level 13 totodile

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Yeah. You get the pokemon, deposit it, switch boxes and save, then withdraw it, switch boxes then when its saving you turn it off and voila you have duplicated your pokemon

Update: The only downside to the glitch is that the pokemon; totodile and chikorita (and their evolutions) aren't included in your pokedex. But the one you do originally pick does.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I just did this trick, worked a treat.

Something bizarre i've noticed though is that even though I can use Chikorita and Totodile okay, they aren't registered as 'owned' in my Pokédex.

I thought this would be Helpful.

Now you see them...

I thought this would be Helpful.

Now you don't!

Bit gutted that they don't show up in your Pokédex but meh, at least i've obtained all 3 starters without hacking/trading etc :D

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Yeah i mentioned that a couple of posts up. It's weird. But its not like when you evolve your guys they turn into something weird or anything. I have all of mine at their second stage now. Bayleef level 20, Quilava level 21, and croconaw level 19.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Do their evolved forms register in your Pokédex as caught/seen?

I've still got them all in their unevolved forms, training them all the way up to learn kick ass moves then letting them evolve. Makes the later stages of the game a hell of a lot easier. They're all about Lv 20 now.

Years
    Actually their evolved forms do show up. I did this a couple months ago and I now have all three at their final evolution. the only pokemon that don't show up are the first evolution of the first two you cloned(ex. if you chose cyndaquil then totodile then chikorita, then only chikorita's 'dex entry will be there but after you evolve them the evolved forms will be there.) In order to get the first evolution in the pokedex you must breed.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Oh, I remember this glitch all too well. I've actually experienced with it probably too much for my own good, even to the point of fighting my rival the first time with a Crobat, and fighting Morty with an Umbreon that could use Shadow Ball.

I think the reason the pokemon doesn't show up in the pokedex is that since you turn the game off without saving, the game doesn't know that you even obtained the pokemon. I still don't know how the pokemon ends up in the PC though, but that must be the data registered first whenever you save the game.

(Also, if you take someone out of the PC that was there before, it will disappear, I think)

Back