• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna be the very best ...

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2014
    ... Gotta Catch 'Em All! ... Alright on a more serious note. I am new here. I am looking to become a bit more serious with my Pokemon game play. I am a Generation 1 player. I started playing Pokemon when it was just Red and Blue on the original Gameboy. That feels like forever ago. However, I have tried to get into some of the other games in the past. I bought Pokemon Black when it came out, played it for about 15 minutes, and never touched it again. My issue? I didn't know any of the Pokemon! It drove me nuts. I picked up Pokemon X and I am glad they have more of the original Pokemon in it.

I used to watch the Anime as a teenager. I know it's a kids show, but I enjoyed it. I was thinking perhaps if I watched more of it, I would learn about the new generation Pokemon.

I am currently trying to catch a Shiney Charmander in Pokemon FireRed, and if I do that, (or once I give up) I am going to try to play though that whole game. Then start with Generation II, then III, IV, ect. All the way up until Pokemon X. I might start Pokemon X a bit sooner as it's new, and I have a lot of friends who play but I don't want to get too far from everyone else.

But yeah. I joined to learn about more about competitive battling, training, and well tips and tricks to learning Generation II and beyond.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year, and I hope in time, I can even help other new people.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, yes, the new pokemon requires a lot of time to get used too. ;v; But you know, I suggest trying them out, and you can get new favourites! From Gen V, I really love to use Lilligant and Mienshao, for instance! Ah, but it's great that you're enjoying X, and I do love the pokemon diversity that comes from it! But well then, welcome to the forums new buddy! <33

I still watch the anime myself, haha. But it's pretty wonderful, y'know? The X&Y saga is quite amazing so far! Ah, and good luck on hunting for that shiny charmander; I'd like one myself, and I'm trying to do some breeding to acquire it! You can start with Gen 6 though; I find that it's quite easier to find loads of shinies in those games!

Mmm, but definitely check out the Battle Center for battling! The regulars there do know a thing or two about competitive battling, so, you're more than welcome to ask them! There are also various battling guides around the Battle Center, so, maybe you can take a look at them too! Another option is checking out our Showdown Server since our regulars there can help you with competitive battling too. I hang out there, so I'd love to see you there as well. <33

But well, thanks for coming to PC, and yup, I'm enjoying 2014 so far! I hope you're having a great day yourself! And I'm definitely looking forward to your contributions around PC, since you seem like a friendly and cool person! Have a great time, and anytime you need assistance with anything, you can ask me, or another staff member! Cya again. :3

Years
  • Heya greenlinenshirt, welcome to PC! I've played since the first gens but have been keeping up with things. Can imagine how tedious it must be when you don't know the new Pokemon at all, though, but you'll learn everything soon enough! Especially if you stick around. :D

Great choice playing through the games from what you've missed to the most recent; you'll really enjoy it. Hunting for shiny starters is known to be tedious but I'm sure you'll find one if you don't give up. No problems with quitting either though.. personally I doubt I'd keep at it for too long given the rates/chances. :( Good luck!

Enjoy yourself here and may you stick with us for a long while to come! Contact the staff for any help you might need, all right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks for the responses guy! I hope to be more and more active here as time goes on. I think I am going to start my Pokemon journey tonight and give trying to catch a shiny a break for now. I think it'd be fun to actually play the game... crazy thought right?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hey greenlineneshirt, welcome to PC. I love playing Pokemon, I've played all of the games. If you ever would like to chat or become friends feel free to send me a profile message. :)

Back