• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna see that remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I dunno, I think that Zelda 1 holds up extraordinarily well for what it is. The secrets, the sense of exploration and adventure, and the structure of the game itself couldn't really be upheld in a remake. It could be made more convenient, but I'm pretty sure that the BS version did that.

I'm not saying they couldn't make a 3D remake in more of a sprawling world, that could be interesting, but what makes Zelda 1 not only a classic but a legend is its structure and mechanical setup that I think, if there were to be yet another remake, especially in a Wii U/3DS age, it wouldn't really be a Zelda 1 remake so much as a new game with the same, albeit modified, story.
I get what you mean, but it is very hard for someone who never played the game to try it out today. It's not the main idea of the design that's the problem, it's the NES limitations. The level design is pretty repetitive, particularly the dungeons.

I'm not asking to get rid of the stuff that make the game, I'm asking to do away with limitations that the NES brought. Better level design, more variety, less trial and error...something like Metroid: Zero Mission, no? Which is the best remake I've ever seen to a game and one that is still incredibly true to the original but with a more modern and polished design. I just want LoZ to get a similar (and glorious) treatment to what Metroid got.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
Any of the Ps1 era Final Fantasy games would be lovely as a remake. I know Square Enix isn't going to touch VII, but I think VIII and IX would be excellent choices to get a new coat of paint. Probably more so then X, not that I'm not glad that X is getting a fresh coat. It will never, ever happen, but I feel like Digimon World or Dot Hack would be really good candidates for an HD re-release.

As for remakes I've enjoyed playing? I think my favourite is by far Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. It really made that game feel like new again. If anyone still has a Gamecube or a Wii I would highly, highly recommend playing that over the Ps1 original. Nods to Windwaker HD and Devil May Cry HD as well. Even if all Devil May Cry got was a new coat of paint, it was still nice to be able to play it with crisper graphics.

Ironically I think Majora's Mask is being remade

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
If any of the Zelda games were remade I'd be pretty happy. I own a copy of the Adventures of Link so I think it would be cool to see how they'd remake it in 3D! I'd also like RSE remakes, and that's about it, I guess.

Years
I know people will hate me for this, but Sonic and The Secret Rings was meant to be a port of it, but dammit, Sonic 06 had potential. If they could fix the glitches, tweak character mechanics and level design, and fix some of the problems with the story, it could be a good game. But I doubt Sega ever wants to look at that game again, so it won't happen.

For less controversial choices, I always 3D remakes of NES games would be cool. Maybe a Mega Man game. Extra content could include other playable characters, concept art, and maybe multiplayer and an option to turn charged shots on or off.

No, I totally agree, that game could of been something pretty good. I always thought it be a cool idea to turn the High Speed segments into Modern Day Boost Mechanic segments while keeping the rest of the stage Adventure Style. Silver had alot of potential too, and I'm fairly certain he was acually mostly unfinished, so they ment to do more with him then what they came out with.

Years
Yeah, I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say Majora's Mask. I need to replay that in beautiful HD.
Let's just go ahead and port it and put it in superb HD on the Wii U ;D
(Or it better be really beautiful HD on the 3DS!!)

I also kinda really want R/S remakes??

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Majora's Mask because come on it was amazing! I want to see all the Sly's remade not like the collection did like make shading better and just HD brighter and all that, twilight princess HD because i loved that game i know it's already been remade on the wii kinda.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Kingdom Hearts 3. I won't believe that it's in development until I see it in the PS4 section of Target.

TY

I would enjoy a remake of Tiberian Sun, i really enjoy this game and it was the game that got me so much into this genre. Also i wish EA would put some time into this remake, but they wont, cause they are greedy as heck.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Chronic Trigger, in a HD fully 3D game. We saw how good dragon quest nine and ten are graphically so why not bring chrono into 3d with three amazing ost.

Morrowind, it had a beautiful sound track and a beautiful story the graphics were good for it's time and Skyrim at it's release had some of the best graphics especially the ERBs.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Ocarina of Time got a remake, right? Why not Majora's Mask since it's my personal favourite Zelda game!
Heck, I'd LOVE to see a remake of Chrono Cross, also. Maybe even a HD Remake of Final Fantasy VI and IV. (FF1 has been remade too much IMO).
But one game that I want a remake of, and an improvement in Zelda: MM. A few remakes I have played are absolute garbage (Pokemon HG/SS, Zelda OoT 3D to name a few).

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I played Ocarina of Time on my 3DS and I LOVED IT. OMGITSOAMAZINGWHYHAVENTIPLAYEDZELDABEFORE and now I'm dying to see Majora's Mask cause it'd be awesome (and that's coming from one who has never played it before!).

I'd also love to see a Donkey Kong 64 one, though it'll probably never happen :P

I love the update that Super Mario 64 got on the DS, it was actually really good and surpassed my expectations of what the remake was gonna be like.. (I know this is pretty outdated now but it's a remake, it counts!!)

I'd like to see a remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day because it's a game I want that's impossible to get a hold of and I've never played it before.

I want a Nintendo remake of Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie, cause they're amazing and need Nintendo versions. Not XBox ones dammit.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Colour (known as Ghost Babel) was an amazing game. It's not canon but it had an awesome plot and characters, I think it definitely deserves a remake.

I wish Boktai could get revived somehow. The game is super obscure and wasn't a hit here at all, but man was it fun. A Streets of Rage remake would be appreciated, too!

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
Years
Majoras Mask 3DS for sure. The excessively dark theme was pure gold. I would like to see a revamped version of Legend of Dragoon as well; I have yet to find a game with battle mechanics similar to the addition system

Years
Hmm... I'm getting the urge to say Majora's Mask like pretty much everyone else here, but I'll say... Mario Paint. Imagine a 3DS version of that masterpiece (pun definitely intended)!
It'd also be fantastic to see a 3DS remake of Paper Mario (the N64 one)... but I don't hold high hopes for that one.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Spoiler:

I would love to see an remake of this game because it's a reaaly fun game that you play a ghost who scares people out their house.

Years
I would love a links awakening remake, not sure whether I would like it with a Link to the Past graphics or a Link between Worlds graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back