• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen i want to catch kyogre

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastertrainer33

The Flaming Liger
Years
  • in sapphire when i battled kyogre at the cave of origin,i tried weakening him first and threw a great ball at him to capture him.But it didnt work.Iused all the balls on him even net ball and dive ball.But instead i had no choice but to defeat him.How do you catch him?

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Well if that happens, I usually turn it off and then on again, that is why I usually save it when I am right next to him. Do it enough and you will catch him, you might have to do it a few times though ^^;

I hope this helped
    Pokemon_Veteran

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'll take a while you know. The best way to catch Kyogre is to paralize it and weaken it to a little bit of health and use an Ultra ball. Try using that method.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I usually get out my lv 15 Jigglipuff and hope that Sing works on first try. Then I send out Pikachu to shock it until Kyogre's HP starts to get critical. Then I throw whatever ball I have. But, nothing's fullproof.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Well i was quite stupid whislt catching my Kyroge. I used the Master ball o n it. I wish now i didnt. As its handy for Latias. But i would whittle its health down with an eletric attack. Use thunder wave to parlayze it. And then throw Loads Ultra Balls

MidnightSneasel

The Midnight Darkness
    Years
  • First you'll wanna paralyze it or put it to sleep. Then, you need to weaken it carefully. Get it to where it's HP is yellow or red. Then, throw Ultra Balls, Net Balls, or Great Balls until you capture it. That usually works for me. It'll take some patientnce, but it should work.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • My Method

For Kyogre, I devized a pretty good method. First, I brought out my Parasect (Traded from Fire Red) and put him to sleep. I used a couple leech lifes on him, because he didn't have a particular weakness to bug types, and my parasect was around level 60 at the time. Anyway, after putting him to sleep and whittling his health down to just less than half, I brought out my Scyther (also traded from Fire Red) and used false swipe on him until he had only 1hp. Then, I threw balls at him. When he woke up, I paralyzed him with Parasect. Then I threw balls like there was no tomorrow. Anyway, I think I caught him with less than ten balls. That was the second or third time I had caught him, and I had worked out a good strategy by then, lol. Anyway, the above method could work with any pokemon that can induce sleep and/or paralysis, and any pokemon that learns false swipe. I think the only pokemon that learn false swipe in Ruby and Sapphire are in the Treecko family and Zangoose... but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If you're not too bothered about Lati@s/Rayquaza, then don't hesitate to use the Master Ball. Otherwise, an electric/grass Pokemon wouldn't go amiss, and Net Balls also are good. (Dive doesn't work, since it's not underwater)

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Shuko said:
    For Kyogre, I devized a pretty good method. First, I brought out my Parasect (Traded from Fire Red) and put him to sleep. I used a couple leech lifes on him, because he didn't have a particular weakness to bug types, and my parasect was around level 60 at the time. Anyway, after putting him to sleep and whittling his health down to just less than half, I brought out my Scyther (also traded from Fire Red) and used false swipe on him until he had only 1hp. Then, I threw balls at him. When he woke up, I paralyzed him with Parasect. Then I threw balls like there was no tomorrow. Anyway, I think I caught him with less than ten balls. That was the second or third time I had caught him, and I had worked out a good strategy by then, lol. Anyway, the above method could work with any pokemon that can induce sleep and/or paralysis, and any pokemon that learns false swipe. I think the only pokemon that learn false swipe in Ruby and Sapphire are in the Treecko family and Zangoose... but I could be wrong.

Parasect also learns False Swipe

I used the master ball on my Kyogre

I caught Latios on the first try so it didn't cause me too much trouble

Years
  • Kyogre is one of those ones that don't wanna be caught lol.As long as you save in front of him you are fine.
    My suggestion don't use your MasterBall on him.Save it for [email protected] you also didn't have much problems getting through the cave then go back out and stock up on UltraBalls.Then head back.Good Luck!

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • Hopefully you saved in front before killing it...or else you're screwed. :P

If you can rebattle it, then there is a way to stay in a battle without fainting your party. Gather around 60 Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, and get a Shedinja. None of Kyogre's attacks at that time can hurt a Shedinja. Just keep it out there, and keep throwing Ultra/Timer Balls. Eventually, you will catch it. Just takes patience. ;)

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • Dratini927 said:
    Hopefully you saved in front before killing it...or else you're screwed. :P

If you can rebattle it, then there is a way to stay in a battle without fainting your party. Gather around 60 Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, and get a Shedinja. None of Kyogre's attacks at that time can hurt a Shedinja. Just keep it out there, and keep throwing Ultra/Timer Balls. Eventually, you will catch it. Just takes patience. ;)

buy 99 net balls cos these r effective against it. even buy a load of timer balls to help. u need master ball for latias/latios. if u keep trying u will end up running into a pink kyogre! hey, aint that cool? if u want this kyogre, u ll hav 2 kill it then turn off and try again. the odds in finding it r 1000-1.

tevinchew

Best trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    throw poke balls to make it easier to catch.Then throw a premier ball or ultra ball to catch it.I did that when i am catching groudon. not sure it it works on kyogre.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I used my Master Ball on Kyogre too. I did it purposely. Its Sp. Atk is now 420!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fwahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    I used my Master Ball on Kyogre too. I did it purposely. Its Sp. Atk is now 420!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fwahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Yeah well i have Kyorge with 999 Sp.Attack.LOL

Anyway it's just luck to catch him.I caught him with a Dive Ball first try.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Happy Dude said:
    Yeah well i have Kyorge with 999 Sp.Attack.LOL

Anyway it's just luck to catch him.I caught him with a Dive Ball first try.
    How is that possible?

Hive Mind

science fiction nut
    Years
  • 1st- You need to weaken it really low, like false swipe.
    2nd- You need to put a stat condition on it, not poisened.
    3rd- You need a lot of greatballs & ultraballs.

Note: Net Balls help. You can get a shiny using the on-off method.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back