• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I want to keep my POKEMANZ!!!

What are you most hopeful for in Gen V?

• New Pokemon

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • New Adventure

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • New Cities

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • New Battle Strategies

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3D Graphics

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
    Anyone else worried about the same thing I'm worried about, that being losing all of your old Pokemon from HGSS and DPPt? From what I've heard, you will be able to trade over an event Raikou, Entei, or Suicune, to unlock Zoroark and Zorua. But, they've ONLY mentioned this,
    "...will have some connectivity with the older games to trade over event pokemon..."

That scares me. Does this mean that I'll have to RETRAIN all of my pokemon that I use for competition? And in that statement, how will the metagame change when the total of almost 550 pokemon are included in the tiers? Will the tiers even stay the same? Needless to say, Zekrom and Reshiram will be banned, theres no doubt about it, but, what about the obligatory dragon evolution set?(Garchomp, Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite) What will that guy bring?

What will all of these newcomers bring? Will we be seeing new replacements for our old favorites? Will we even be able to capture our old favorites!? Will Pokemon like Blissey fall by the wayside when a new Special Wall is introduced? Or Sweepers like Salamence or Scizor, will they be cast aside, or idolized like they are now?

I have a strange sinking feeling that Nintendo will simply say, "Herp Derp you don't get any of ur old Pokes." Considering, they won't allow new Pokemon to be traded to the older games (lest paradoxes ensue) so how will we be able to trade our game winning teams to the newer generation? Will things be the same as RBY to GSC, where we have to trade only old Pokemon with old moves, and we have to beat a certain #of Gyms and we have to find a rock, and then we have to beat a Team, and quest after quest after quest, before finally we're allowed to use our old buddies?

Thats my rant for the day. :) Sayonara

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    I think they'll let us trade all of your Pokemon. And if you trade Isshu Pokemon to Gen IV games, then they'll say something like: Isshu Pokemon Unfamiliar to this region. Or something like that. Or maybe they'll say something like they did in Pokemon G/S/C, to not trade Johto Pokemon to R/B/Y.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    I think they'll let us trade all of your Pokemon. And if you trade Isshu Pokemon to Gen IV games, then they'll say something like: Isshu Pokemon Unfamiliar to this region. Or something like that. Or maybe they'll say something like they did in Pokemon G/S/C, to not trade Johto Pokemon to R/B/Y.

All said. I'm pretty sure this will happen.

Mac@ACK!

Years
    That may well be the case, and I wouldn't have a problem with catching 8 million zigzagoons and trading them over to HG to get my teams and event Pokemon into the updated generation. If Nintendo wanted to keep making money, they'd allow us the ability to trade over. But it's still a possibility that they won't.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I had this exact thought, I almost shivered at the thought of not being able to trade any of my favorite starters over. I hope they don't screw us over like this

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I imagine it will be some 'pal park' stylee thing, to be honest.

Mac@ACK!

Years
    The pal park thing IS working though, and it was a genius idea, using both of the slots on the DS to trade GBA pokemon over. But, how will they do that now? DSi has only one slot. I was thinking, maybe an attatchment? Similar to the Pokewalker.. oh god thats another issue, what about the Pokewalker, do we just throw those away now? will there be connectivity to BW? Back on topic...

I'm thinking an attatchment like an Action Replay but with two slots? eh, mediocre, but hey, time will tell.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    Yes, that comes to mind. If they where going to ditch the idea of sending Pokemon over, they would of never considered pal park.

Because its the same thing, just with different consoles.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I guess it'll be like the Time Capsule in G/S/C or a Pal Park type system, but to me it doesn't matter as long as they don't pull a G/S/C>>>R/S/E and not allow trade overs at all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    i wish transferring your whole pc would be possible transferring 6 at a time could become tedious.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I never let any of my pokemon go to waste. I downloaded Pokesav just so I can transfer a shiny that was "trapped" in a rom hack and then it spread to me making exact replicas of the rest of the ones on my computer, plus what few were left over from my Generation 2 games. As I move through games, so do the pokemon and I will make sure that will happen, even if I have to "hack" my game to do it and B&W will be no exception.

Mac@ACK!

Years
    I never let any of my pokemon go to waste. I downloaded Pokesav just so I can transfer a shiny that was "trapped" in a rom hack and then it spread to me making exact replicas of the rest of the ones on my computer, plus what few were left over from my Generation 2 games. As I move through games, so do the pokemon and I will make sure that will happen, even if I have to "hack" my game to do it and B&W will be no exception.

*applause!*

Haha, inspiring, but I'm not tech savvy enough to use Pokesav. I agree with bustin, it would be amazing to be able to transfer over Pokemon in a whole box, as opposed to, okay, gimme a pikachu... okay, do it again... okay, again... okay again... done with those 6. :tired:

Even an app for the wii that allows you to transfer to BW from DPPtHS would be appreciated. (Chances are though, Nintendo would make us pay for it in cash or with arms and limbs...)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    There are multiple threads on sending in Pokémon:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218796 - On migrating all gens.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=219108 - On the pal park.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=219870 - On the time capsule.

(Thank you Nica's report for providing links I could just copy/paste ahaha.)

If trading is not an option, though I'm sure it will be because both Gen 4 and Gen 5 are DS games, then you can discuss alternatives in those threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back