• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to touch myself, and so should you

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • You wake up in the morning and you look in the mirror after your shower and your styling and getting yourself all nice and presentable to go about your day. What do you think when you see yourself? What do you think other people think about you when they see you? Are there any people in particular that you think you know what they think when they see themselves? Are there any people that define a certain thought of the way someone would look? Like when you think of so and so do they come to mind as the guy that would be like "I will sex everyone and everyone will sex me and I'm just awesome and you suck."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I usually look like crap when I wake up. My hair is a mess, and not the good kind. Sometimes I have my hair purposely styled to be messy. It has left over hair product in it, and the way it looks make me look, at least I think anyway, pretty ugly. Especially compared to how I would like to look. I'm someone who I think is attractive, but I need to put some effort into my appearance in order to be.

When I do wash up, and do my hair and get nice clothes on, I think other people see me as attractive and approachable, considering how many people come up to me. I'm pretty oblivious to flirting, though. So I wouldn't know that they were attracted to me unless they flat out said that to me.

I do spend a lot of time gazing at myself in the mirror.

I was on the train yesterday on my way home from meeting Shivi up in New York, and there was an old man sitting in front of me. Behind him was a piece of plastic that separated something, but I could see my reflection in it if I looked at it and I literally just stared at it the entire time thinking how hot I looked. I would do me if I could.

Sirfetch’d

Doesn't everyone look like crap though when they wake up? Or at least I know I do too ugh. I hate even looking at myself in the mirror in the morning because my hair is crazy and I am usually just groggy looking :[ I do feel better after I shower and get dressed and I assume people find me at least decent looking because I feel that way.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Doesn't everyone look like crap though when they wake up? Or at least I know I do too ugh. I hate even looking at myself in the mirror in the morning because my hair is crazy and I am usually just groggy looking :[ I do feel better after I shower and get dressed and I assume people find me at least decent looking because I feel that way.
    NO!

There are people who look really good when they wake up and I hate those people. I hate people that are blessed with good looks when they wake up in the morning and still have sleep all over them. They're the same people who DON'T have an ugly cry, which makes me hate them even more.

GRRRR!

Sirfetch’d

There are people who look really good when they wake up and I hate those people. I hate people that are blessed with good looks when they wake up in the morning and still have sleep all over them. They're the same people who DON'T have an ugly cry, which makes me hate them even more.

GRRRR!

I thought those people were only in movies :( Makes me jealous as hell though ha! I'd give anything to look just as good when I wake up as when I sleep. SOME PEOPLE HAVE IT ALL!

Mirri

ємвяα¢є тнє ѕтσям
    Years
  • It sounds cheesy, but everyone has their good and bad days as far as self-confidence and appearance goes.

On days when I get dolled up, I will put every effort I have into looking good. On those days, I know that I look good, despite the opinions of others. Other days, I will feel bloated and uneasy, and it's harder to look at myself. I call these my lazy days or ugly days, mainly when I don't put any effort into my appearance. I love feeling good and I have lots of friends who compliment me and boost my self-esteem when I'm feeling great about myself.

My only concerns when it comes to appearance and being perceived by others is when I see myself as more overweight, flabby, chubby-faced, etc. I have come to terms with the fact that strangers (and friends) will ALWAYS judge you! You will also judge everyone you ever see or meet. You constantly judge people walking down the street, entering a room, playing a game... So you just have to accept the fact that people will see you for your negative and positive aspects when it comes to first impressions. You can choose to worry yourself over the negative things they could be thinking about you, or you could say "man, I'm hot today and I can tell that guy/girl over there knows it."

If you feel like you look good, other people take notice. Self-confidence shows and makes a huge impact on how other people perceive you and treat you. If you were presented with two types of people: one who puts effort, time, and thought into their appearance and hygiene, and one who rolls out of bed and puts on what is available, you are more than likely going to respond more positively to the former. This can be said about employers at job interviews as well. They will usually always hire the more presentable candidate.

As far as stereotypes are concerned, they can be true and untrue. These can really make and break first impressions if you let them. Of course, when you say "nerd" or "jock" or "prep" most people have a similar image come to mind. You assume someone who "looks like a jock" will act arrogant, self-entitled, or self-absorbed. These biases will change how you speak to these people. People also create these biases about you. If you treat everybody equally, and learn to overlook some of these biases, conversations can be much easier to make and can usually result in some unexpected friendships. I've let personal biases keep me from talking to people. I have many friends who, if I had met under different circumstances, I can say I would never had gone out of my way to talk to them. There are so many people I am thankful to have in my life since I stuck it out and decided to talk to them.

Physical judgments, stereotypes, and personal biases change your view of the world. What really matters is making that first impression that breaks these thoughts strangers might have of you. As someone who struggles with anxiety, this is one of the hardest things you can possibly do. It really changes things not only for your relationships, but for yourself. Confidence is sexy.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I feel like crap, but I wake up looking fabulous. Perfect 5 o clock shadow, slightly ruffled hair, and good lord what the hell is that smell?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • It kinda all depends on where i'm going, who i'll be with etc etc, I make myself look presentable for work and such like, but if i'm not going anywhere particularly important, I make less effort. Based on this, when I look in the mirror I either think "yeah, not bad" or "lol, oh dear..."

Another problem is that I really don't hide hangovers, colds well, no matter how much I try and gussy up.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Here is a pretty easy summary for my moments.

On a bad day, when nothing seems to look right: "Meh."

On a good day, when I look my best: "Awh." -Pokes cheek with a finger while making a face at the mirror-

It's brief and I don't try to pick at every little thing, because all that would do for me is plant the seed of doubt and ruin my confidence. It's sort of like checking the scale after every meal. I do one look-over, and carry on.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I swear I thought this topic was about something else when I read the title....

But usually I look awful in the morning, though I've had some good days where I feel and look amazing. Most of the time, however, I'm really tired and my hair looks God awful and I have to force myself out of bed. Getting up is not easy at all for me most of the time.I prefer my sleep and when I have to lose sleep cause I have to wake up for something like school, I'm not happy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    disappointed by the contents of this thread after the title drew me in

After I get ready and look in the mirror I then turn to every angle. I pretty much do a couple 360s while looking at everything. I really don't think anything beyond "does this look okay??" Honestly idk what people think when they see me and for the most part I rather not know. It's also never crossed my mind what other people might think when they view themselves.

Years
  • I always wake up looking like I have a bad hangover. This is a fact; I've never once woken up not looking like my day was already pissed on. And considering my morning routine doesn't include anything further than showering and brushing my teeth, I don't look much different at noon than when I wake up. I comb my hair and call it an effing day and get on with my life.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    PC: The land of misleading thread titles.

I can't remember the last time I bothered to get "properly" dressed because I don't go out often. Or at all lately. Actually, Boyfriend trailed a blade of grass into my home, and I saw it when I was leaving my room.. and I guess I was staring at it for too long, or I had a puzzled look on my face, or something, because he said, "It's just grass. You know, that thing you never see. Like the sun?" :P

But when I do go out, the most effort I put into my hair is the use of a hairbrush. I don't bother with makeup. I put little to no effort into my attire - I just wear what's comfy. Not to say it's old/stained/ripped/etc. Usually means a cute shirt that no one ever sees under an even cuter sweater or hoodie, jeans or a skirt, and sneakers or little ankle boots. These things are usually what I find on top in a dresser drawer, and that's why they're my go-to's. /effort

And I always feel fab, because I always feel comfy.

What I'm saying is: I know that I'm adorable and I just don't put much thought into my appearance - or others' thoughts on my appearance - beyond that anymore. My entire wardrobe is obviously cute to me, so I just put on matching things and off I go. c:

For your last points, I don't think that I've ever really considered what other people might think of themselves. Never interested me much.

I was initially going to apologize sarcastically, but I had to google to find out what the hell an 'ugly cry' is, and now I'd like to sincerely apologize.
    For both my fabulous morning-hair that I wish I could make happen again after I shower, and because my face doesn't even get splotchy, or red at all for that matter, even after a 3-hour-long breakdown.

I didn't know these were uncommon traits? Either way, at least your hair cooperates with you after you bathe. I'd rather mine did that. :P

Tek

Years
  • disappointed by the contents of this thread after the title drew me in

Indeed. It's just the type of marketing you'd expect from a merchant like O'aka. or is that a different character?

For the most part, I quite enjoy my face. But sometimes I don't want to even look at my body, so bony and ew. I have found that since being employed in a labor-oriented job and getting in slightly better shape, I am starting to enjoy this particular collection of energy patterns. Regular feeling-awareness practice probably has something to do with the change as well.

Back