• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to use you, but I can only have six Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Happened to me. I had a team for White planned out, and the day before I got it, I decided I needed a bug type like I've wanted for so long. So I decided not to use Seismitoad and Joseph the Accelgor has been a faithful team member. Just wish he didn't have a -special attack nature.

Fee Nicks

TekMage
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2011
    Actually, I've managed to keep pretty much all the pokemon I really like on my team whilst playing through White.
    I did have to put my Serperior in the box (everything he could do - namely, grass attacks - could be done with my Cinccino and its Grass Knot), and my Zebstrika eventually got switched out for a Mienfoo. I'll probably be switching out my Scolipede for a Deino once I find one. So for me it's less 'I can't use this one' and more 'here's one that works better with what I need'.
    And then there's Maractus, which I find adorable but have absolutely no use for (aside from perhaps putting it in my hack, perhaps).

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Yeah, I'm deciding between keeping Drilbur or getting myself a Scrafty! I can't choose it's so hard :(

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    There's always one or two no matter the game- I actually keep a list of what I want to use but haven't so I can hopefully pare it down a bit.

As for Black and White, Sigilyph and Reuniclus in particular were ones I'd have liked to use but ultimately didn't have room for.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Scraggy and Victini didn't make it to the final team in black. Scraggy was underpowered while Victini was just making things too easy.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • OMG. This happens to me so many times it's not funny. Sometimes I wonder why Game Freak put this restriction on in the first place, then I think about how long and tiresome battles would be if we had about 10 Pokemon on each team. XD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • This happens to me in every pokemon game I play. Why can't it be 9 pokemon? It wouldn't be that many more pokemon but it would be much more satisfying...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I've never really had this feeling before, to have the need to use more than six Pokemon, but I have had the feeling of choosing either one, or the other Pokemon, like whether to choose Lilligant or Whimsicott. I guess that's the same sort of thing. :)

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    My planned team in my signature I want to use but I want a Scrafty. I don't know who to take out.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My planned team in my signature I want to use but I want a Scrafty. I don't know who to take out.

From the team in your signature, the easiest to take out would be Haxorus just because you get it very late, just before the seventh gym.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    From the team in your signature, the easiest to take out would be Haxorus just because you get it very late, just before the seventh gym.

I could really use Dragon STAB though. Especially on Iris and the only Pokemon on my team to get an ice move is Jellicent.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I could really use Dragon STAB though. Especially on Iris and the only Pokemon on my team to get an ice move is Jellicent.

I guess, but you really don't need it. Iris was fairly easy, for me, at least and all I used was x1 effective moves and taught my Saumrott Dragon Tail.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I've always wanted to use a Bisharp and a Mienshao. But yeah, they're not really necessary for me. Although if I do get Black, I'll consider using both of them. :)

I also forgot about Jellicent. But you could get him at the end of the game though, so it never found a way in my team.

Penga

Mob Boss
    Years
  • Flareon.

Poor Flareon was cursed with physically oriented stats and VERY few physically oriented moves, so I never use him on my main team. I love his appearance though.

I also used Empoleon religiously in D/P/Pt considering my weird obsession with penguins, but since then I have grown too attached to Milotic, and I'm not about to double up on types. Still, I miss the big armored pengu.

Years
  • Yes I've been contemplating my team on Leaf Green for ages due to having this exact problem :D There are soo many pokémon I want to use, some favourites and some newer ones that I've not used as much before but I haven't the room and it's so frustrating :P

Back