• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i was dissapointed in explorers of sky

Jaamies

Sharingan User
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    the one most annoying me is you can't evolve your main Pokemon

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • You do realise that Nintendo does this with every pokemon game, right?

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green
    Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    MD Red Rescue Team/MD Blue Rescue Team
    MD Explorers of Time/MD Explorers of Darkness/MD Explorers of Sky

I bought it knowing that it was almost the same, only with a few more things added in. What made me buy it? The Special Episodes, of course. That, and if I ever misplace EoD, then I have a back up. And Shaymin.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I just bought it for Special Episodes , Extra Starter aaand hoping I am the only Romanian owning it ! The Extra items and Spinda's Cafe truly make it easier , but now I am sad I deleted my old PMD EoT SaveFile (Two Lv. 100s on it) and gave it to my little bro' after I got EoS ....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I just bought it for Special Episodes , Extra Starter aaand hoping I am the only Romanian owning it ! The Extra items and Spinda's Cafe truly make it easier , but now I am sad I deleted my old PMD EoT SaveFile (Two Lv. 100s on it) and gave it to my little bro' after I got EoS ....
    You'll get two 100lvs in PMD Sky soon as well ;)

squirtle90

Guardian Of The Normal Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    You cant disagree with that it thought that maybe instead of special episodes as a seperate thing they could of moulded them into the story but i dont know why i found it as enjoyable if not better than the last one but very good point

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
  • I was expecting it to be the same to be honest.

It's the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum of the PMD series. They didn't coin on to doing it with the first games but they soon got it in the second.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • That's the reason I didn't buy it, I already have Time and Darkness and have complete one and almost completed the other so yeah... Usually I get every single Pokémon game that comes out, so I guess I'll just wait until it comes down in price.

SmashBro

Asian KungFu Generation Rocks!
    Years
  • The Mystery Dungeon Games weren't that good to start, and playing the same game over again with only a tad difference doesn't make it any better

NatureKeeper

I mean... Bidoof had all that power in Bidoof's Wish? Come on.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I suppose you haven't played Pokemon before the 4th gen?
    Its the same with the normal ones
    Red / Blue / Green (Jap only) - Yellow
    Gold / Silver - Crystal
    Ruby / Sapphire - Emerald
    Diamond / Pearl - Platinum

I have to say the Emerald is probably the best of the remakes of the main series.
    So, you've probably got it by now. I didn't play T/D neither D/P (well, Diamond a little on PC emulator, but I didn't like it at the start.. Now, on my DS I have Platinum and it feels way better), I directly took Platinum and EoTS right away. Quite happy with them too.

About the starter - I got Pikachu AGAIN in EoTS, so I sticked to him and to the nickname Pika, same as in Red Rescue Team.
    The only thing that was bad is.. That you share the money, AND, you don't have an awesome base like in the original ones. (After CERTAIN storyline points, that I won't explain as it's a spoiler)

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Third versions aren't what they used to be... I was only happy because I became an awesome Grovyle. I liked how they didn't have any version exclusives. I liked the special episodes, but I had to watch the credits every time I finished one. PS: Am I the only one who thinks Team Charm's theme sounds like a Paper Mario battle theme? Or any other battle theme?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Well, I probably still would have bought but I sort of was expecting more from EoS. I didnt think that it would be the exact same thing except with some new features and pokemon. ._.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I actually loved this game, but then again I never did buy Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time OR Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness. I was mainly excited for the Riolu part, actually. x) But I didn't like how you weren't able to switch your lead Pokemon around town and all. That sucked. Oh and it took forever to evolve your main Pokemon. D: AND LASTLY, you should be able to have 3 Pokemon together after you beat the game. :P All of the other teams around the town and in the club have 3 people...

Oh yeah, no more Wondermail Generator for this one... I hate that.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah... I was a bit disappointed with the game also... I thought the story was going to be different from Darkness and Time. I played both of them and I'm not feeling too good about Sky. I mean, I really like Spinda's Cafe, Shaymin, and other changes, but other than that, the game was EXACTLY THE SAME! I don't really understand why they switched Luxray and the Luxio tribe with Manectric and the Electrikes... Ha ha ha! I remember I had A TON of trouble with the Luxray and Luxios in Time and Darkness. I had to keep trying for like, I don't know, 13 times before I beat them! Maybe it was because my level was too low, but you know what I mean. With Manectric, it's either my I'm (Eevee ^_^) stronger than I was in Darkness (Cyndaquil =D) or Manectric is WAAAY easier to defeat than Luxray. Explorers of Sky wasn't too much of a change... (-_- zzzz)

Back