• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish to make a hack

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2012
    Hello. My name is Gafl. I joined here as this place seems optimal in the knowledge I desire for Pokemon hacks.

Nah. I don't talk like that but it is true. I do wish to learn more about the makings of a pokemon hack and do wish to create my own or at least be part of a group that can help with my ideas. I'm kind of a story writer except my stories are all in here. *points to head* I have trouble getting them out into an actual story. I'm a fan of pokemon because of the music. I love all the music in all the generations. Unfortunately I cannot make music. I'm very unsuccessful at that. But there is one thing I wish to do before I go out more in this forum. A few questions but I rather ask one at a time. Hopefully that will be fine so my real main question that has been bothering me.

Is it possible to make a pokemon hack with pokemon Black or White for the computer. I ask this as my story was conspired after an event in pokemon Black. I really would rather use it for a hack instead of adding characters and such into a previous generation because I would like to use the entire game itself for its sound and graphics.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome! I see you have ambition to make your own Pokemon hack. The Emulation section is the perfect place for you to get hacking questions answered, especially when it comes to hacking Black & White games. You'll also find plenty of ROM hacking resources such as tools, tutorials, as well as any advice you need, especially for beginning hackers. :)

Have you tried writing down your stories from your head, though? Sometimes writing them down helps a lot, especially if you don't want to forget about an important plot of the story you're trying to compose. A notebook helps as well. Just wanted to give ya a side-tip. The music, I must agree, is quite awesome, especially the game music. I even have a ringtone of the Black & White battle theme. lol

Anyways, I hope you find what you need to get started. Take advantage of what PC has to offer, as we have more than just Emulation. I'm always around if you have aaany questions in regards to the forum. And I guess I'll see ya around! :)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2012
    Well thank you for answering. I was kinda worried that I'd be forgotten but then again I did post at a late time. I have the main parts of the story embedded into my brain. It's the non main parts that will need writing. Thank you for the help. I'll go to the emulation section for the answers to my questions.

Back