• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ice, Ghost and Fire types!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    magmar wasn't there in DP that was only in Platinum.

Magby is there if you have your LeafGreen in the slot.

OT, I could always use more Ghosts (give Gengar a rest for once). Dual-typing would be much appreciated.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I did a little math, and there are 35 Pokemon out of the 493 from Gens I-IV. That's around 7%. In comparison, Water, the most abundant type, has 93 Pokemon, or about 19%. So while I think the rarity of various types makes a bit of sense ecologically speaking (Dragon and Ghost are the rarest types, by the way), I do think they could add one or two new families in Gen V without going overboard. I like Pokabu and Reshiram, don't get me wrong. But Hihidaruma is pretty cool, and it's neither starter nor legendary, so I want to see what other Fire-types they could come up with for us. If they're as good as that ape, I think we would have some really good ones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    yeah I like Hihidaruma as well, I am hoping for a new Fire/steel pokemon that isn't heatran (note: I love heatran I just want another fire/steel) :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I did a little math, and there are 35 Pokemon out of the 493 from Gens I-IV. That's around 7%. In comparison, Water, the most abundant type, has 93 Pokemon, or about 19%. So while I think the rarity of various types makes a bit of sense ecologically speaking (Dragon and Ghost are the rarest types, by the way), I do think they could add one or two new families in Gen V without going overboard. I like Pokabu and Reshiram, don't get me wrong. But Hihidaruma is pretty cool, and it's neither starter nor legendary, so I want to see what other Fire-types they could come up with for us. If they're as good as that ape, I think we would have some really good ones.

Not to forget that Hihidaruma probably evolves.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    A Ghost/Dragon (other than Giratina) Would be great.

Same with a Ice/Electric...

But what i really hoped was that we could get some Fire types, with better combinations like Fire/Dragon, Bug/Fire (xD Fire Ant!), or maybe even a Fire/Ice, yet i doubt it.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Actually we have two fire pokemon and one fire legendary so far those being: Pokabu's, Rashiram, and the fire ape. So far its going up for fire, though the amount matches that of sinnoh's fire pokemon though I hope there will be more.

beat me to it lol

i say more fire, more ghosts,more dark &more dragons

those are my fav types ^_^

oh and a bloody pure flying type dammit -_-

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    beat me to it lol

i say more fire, more ghosts,more dark &more dragons

those are my fav types ^_^

oh and a bloody pure flying type dammit -_-
    Yeah Arceus doesn't really count as a pure flying type so a pure flying type would be cool :)
    We have quite a few dragon's so far the two mascots plus Kibago and it's possible evo's :)...
    We have three darks: the croc, Zorua and Zoroark :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Not all dragons are weak to Ice
    What. All Dragon-types are weak to Ice.

I'm glad that there are more Fire-types in this generation, as compared to Gen IV. Fire has always been one of my favorite types, and it disappointed me to be limited to only two that I could catch in-game.(and one was the starter). Hopefully either Hihidaruma is catchable early on enough to raise him well, or there's at least one more Fire-type to catch.

Never actually raised an Ice or Ghost, probably because of how difficult it is to find one. By the time I did, later in the games, my team was already set. So I would like to see a few more in this generation so I could maybe raise one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love fire and if they increased I'd be reallyyy happy.

As for ice, I've used Jynx a few times and other than that... the choice of other ice types haven't really appealed much to me to matter.

Ghost types, idk. I know there were a few between Hoenn/Sinnoh and I never really used them so... idk, we defs need more fire/ice though <3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    What. All Dragon-types are weak to Ice.

Kingdra, Palkia, and Dialga take neutral damage to Ice, as will Reshiram in the future. ;P

What's the big deal about pure-flying? Since they haven't made one after four generations, it's apparent that GF thinks of it as more or less of a complimentary type, especially since they've gone out of their way to ensure that every flying type with no other elemental affinity ends up being a normal/flying.

The only significant difference between a pure-flying and a normal/flying is that you'd trade immunity to ghosts for a resistance to fighting, and I'd rather have the immunity to ghosts personally.

[EDIT]
    ninja'd lol. XD

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    If they do make a Pure flying type then it can't learn roost. The game would crash if it learned roost.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If they do make a Pure flying type then it can't learn roost. The game would crash if it learned roost.
    No it wouldn't. Even in Gen IV, if a pure Flying-type (Arceus), was hacked to have Roost, it would still lose its Flying type. However, for that turn, all that will happen is that it will have no weaknesses or resistances. That's it.

Sorry about the off topic post.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No it wouldn't. Even in Gen IV, if a pure Flying-type (Arceus), was hacked to have Roost, it would still lose its Flying type. However, for that turn, all that will happen is that it will have no weaknesses or resistances. That's it.

Sorry about the off topic post.

I think he was being sarcastic. :P

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yeah Arceus doesn't really count as a pure flying type so a pure flying type would be cool :)
    We have quite a few dragon's so far the two mascots plus Kibago and it's possible evo's :)...
    We have three darks: the croc, Zorua and Zoroark :)

i mean more NON-legendary dragons, gen3 gave us a nice chunk, but i want more unique typed dragons

dragon/fire
    dragon/ice
    dragon/dark
    dragon/grass
    dragon/exc.

and more unique dark types
    dark/psychic
    dark/fire (one with good defenses *stares at houndoom*)
    dark/fighting
    dark/flying
    dark/normal <--- maybe a parallel of Girafarig

and we need a speedy ghost, and speedy ice type (other than froslass)

oh and whoever said the game would crash if a pure flying uses roost *points to arceus& smeargle* it no crash. so its plausible& doable

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Smeargle isn't pure flying. Even though it does learn roost through. A pure flying using roost is pointless anyway.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Smeargle isn't pure flying. Even though it does learn roost through. A pure flying using roost is pointless anyway.

but it can use conversion/conversion 2 to become flying ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back