• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ice Team

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I love my Ice pokemon but i'm not sure which ones to use, i'm currently using Lapras, Weavile, Cloyster and Glaceon, not sure what my other 2 Ice pokemon should be or does anyone else have better Ice pokemon to use

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • Ice Team

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Stealth Rock
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake

Check out Frosglass and Kyurem-Black. In ORAS Mega Glalie might be good too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I like Frosslass but I'm not sure if that's the best choice, compared to what you already have.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I remember making an Ice-type team a couple years ago. I think I used Weavile, Jynx, Cloyster, Kyurem, Abomasnow and Froslass, although I do agree with slotting Mamoswine. You could replace Jynx with it if you like.

Istariwill

Emerald trainer
    Years
  • Have you thought about non ice types on your team?
    A flash fire mon?
    Or perhaps a mon with water absorb to avoid any nasty burns from scald?

Try Cryagonal It can set up screens and is pretty fast.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey, if you're planning on having hail in there somewhere - check out Vanilluxe. With Leftovers and Ice Body recovery in Hail, it can prove a fair wall. (y'know. for an ice type at least.)

Walrein does Hail stalling better because of its better bulk compared to Vanilluxe. Pure Ice is a bad defensive typing because it only has 1 resistance - Ice itself. Ice/Water is still bad, but it's a better typing because of an additional resistance to Water.

This is the stalling set Walrein runs:
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Blizzard/Surf
    -Toxic/Roar
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 232 HP/168 Def/108 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Ice Body

This Walrein must be paired with Abomasnow to be effective.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I love everyone's opinions and I will look into each pokemon mentioned however i'm more of an offensive person than defensive and moves like light screen and protect I don't really use however I like moves like Flame Charge or Horn Leech which doesn't do damage but helps out my pokemon aswell by either increasing the stats or restoring HP

Back