• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds flights all over Europe

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
    no. you were simply putting out it was causing flooding because it was called iceland. you even italicized the word ice in the name.

now your trying to just defend yourself rather poorly at that

No. Ice was italicized because the vocano is lying underneath a gletsjer, which is made of ice (a word which coincidentally also appears in the name of the country, so I played with that), which melts if it comes into contact with hot stuff. Like lava. I did never say that Iceland is 1 one huge ice clump. That's what you read out of my words.

But of course, I can not force you to belive what I type, and you obviously know better.

Tho I have to admit, Iceland was warmer than I expected it to be. Still too cold for my liking, but... I expected it to be way colder.

/drops the matter.

@Magik: Yep. A volcano erupted in Iceland in 1996 as well, and most damage was not caused by the eruption itself, but by the floods following it. =/

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Heh, even us had to cancel flights due to this. The airports were in a total pandemonium in the last days. Trains and international buses were always full.

Well everybody's concerned about the flights being canceled, but what about the eruption itself? Has it caused severe damages (material or human) or not? That's a more important question, I think.
    I've read here that the volcano was lying under the ice... That's a big problem then, depending on how much ice there is.

Years
    More like typical france, a bunch of people tried to go over there in boats (for Free aswell!) to bring people stuck in europe back to england and the french authorites stoped them for no reason!

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    This is been all over the news lately.. =/ Someone in my class is stuck in Europe and I'm a bit concerned because I currently have a french exchange student living in my house and she is suppose to go back this week... I dunno if she's gonna end up staying at my house a bit longer... This dang volcano... The economy for some countries that rely on exports is going to be suffering..

Years
    Yeah, typical England. They should let people fly again! Who cares when a plane crashes killing 500 people, we've got places to go!

I was referring to the fact they can't get an actual date correct.

If you feel that way, regardless of if you are being sarcastic or not, you should be the first to fly.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    More like typical france, a bunch of people tried to go over there in boats (for Free aswell!) to bring people stuck in europe back to england and the french authorites stoped them for no reason!
    Maybe because they had no permit? For all the French authorites knew, they could have been ilegally transporting imigrants, not British citizens.

@Caption Fabio: It's hard to predict weather patterns. This eruption may go on for years, we'll only be able to fly when the wind keeps the ash away. This isn't going to be over for a while yet.
    "sarcastic", you contradicted the rest of your post by saying that.

Last edited:

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    Apparantly the plume of ash is too high to do any damage to humans, however North Scotland is being warned to prepare itself for a possible downpour of ash.

Some good news though fellow brits, watch the sunset tonight, experts are saying the ash is gonna make it look really special.

whoo xD I'm in the west of scotland thank goodness >.>

anyway my friend is stuck in florida, lucky!
    Personally I think the thing ain't as bad as people say it is lol xD like people are panicing as if its the apocalyse
    the airplane companys are losing like millions a day :O not good for the credit crunch! lol

oh well at least my english teacher is stranded :D I am so happy

also is there meant to be another ash cloud? if so YAY! more over reacting >.>

Years
    @Caption Fabio: It's hard to predict weather patterns. This eruption may go on for years, we'll only be able to fly when the wind keeps the ash away. This isn't going to be over for a while yet.
    "sarcastic", you contradicted the rest of your post by saying that.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Back