• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icons

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Mmm...okay.

I don't wanna bother with making another thread...sooo...

What's with AVI files? Are they just a sound file now? I think I remember being able to play them as a video a while ago, but now I can't.

Years
    Simon said:
    Mmm...okay.

I don't wanna bother with making another thread...sooo...

What's with AVI files? Are they just a sound file now? I think I remember being able to play them as a video a while ago, but now I can't.
    Yes, AVIs are video files.
    What do you use to play them?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I've tried Windows Media Player and RealPlayer so far. WM usually just freezes up for about 5 minutes before asking me to dowload a codec. RP doesn't freeze up, but it asks me to download DivX codecs which I haven't clicked "OK" to yet.

https://www.download.com/3000-2139-10062728.html?tag=real

Should I download that or would I just be wasting my time?

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    Just head to divx.com and download the "free bundle". It'll install the DivX codecs for all media players.

As for the icons, I haven't seen any Mac with icons like that, though they do resemble them. Might want to try looking at wincustomize.com as well.

Years
    DivX is kinda ok, I don't think a download would hurt.
    I actually think you should be able to play the AVI without downloading any codec first.
    Did you already try out another AVI file?
    Maybe there is something wrong with the one you are trying to play...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    -pika2000- said:
    Maybe there is something wrong with the one you are trying to play...
    That's been the end result of every AVI I've tried to play. All it does is play audio.

And the DivX thing is working.

I've tried WinCustomize. But I was just too lazy to go through all 500 something sets of icons so I was hoping someone would know the name of the set.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Simon said:
    I've tried Windows Media Player and RealPlayer so far. WM usually just freezes up for about 5 minutes before asking me to dowload a codec. RP doesn't freeze up, but it asks me to download DivX codecs which I haven't clicked "OK" to yet.

https://www.download.com/3000-2139-10062728.html?tag=real

Should I download that or would I just be wasting my time?
    Download VLC Media Player. It can play almost any video file type out there.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    The reason it was an AVI file but you couldn't play it was that it was encoded with the DivX codec rather than as a "standard" AVI file. Many AVI files can be played without using a codec~ And Gary's right, VLC totally pwnz. ffdshow is a winnar :P

Back