• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Id est damnum innocentiae

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

"Loss of Innocence"​

Rated: PG 13

News: 10 trainers, 10 starting locations :O | Reserved people should have their sign up, up by TODAY! | First post is up, be sure to check your character's challenge.

History: The Pokémon world has always been a world of wonder. It has come through many eras and coexisted with humanity. You were born into it like any other kid, and living the good life as a trainer. However, a recent discovery of some ancient Pokémon text revealed that the utopia that people have come to love and exist in would seize to exist.

This calendar of sorts was discovered in the Sinnoh region, in Michina town. An excavation team came upon the runes by accident. There, they translated, deciphered and verified it and were shocked at what they discovered. Deciding to reveal it to the world, they told that the world would seize to exist exactly 1.5 years, from when the announcement they were making. Thus it was determined that on March 15th 2012, the world would be destroyed. There was no reasoning given as to why or how this decision was made, but that only circumstantial evidence convinced these scientists that this was indeed going to happen. The runes also did not reveal a specific Pokémon or entity only that "the Harbinger" would be the judge. They mentioned however, that a small vestige of hope remained. This "Harbinger" would select 6 [or 8 depending on the amount of SUs] people who trained Pokémon, those who were yet innocent and naive of the world, regardless of their background. The selected trainers would have to persuade the Harbinger, and in doing so, humanity would be saved. They would be selected on March 14th 2011 and have 1 year to complete this. The inscription was translated as follows:

Fate with death hast thou with whence thy day and night is no longer
    Upon which one year from thy 150th year and 18th day of Arcis will thee encounter it so
    Fear not – unto thee, six of thine people tasked for thine survival whilst go
    One year unto descision's breadth hast taken over
    Survive and thou art rewarded life​

Plot: Six months has passed since the news was revealed. Those scientists, who first revealed it, were put in jail for what the government said was inciting a war. Despite the government's effort to suppress the people from violence and anarchy, as a result of the announcement, disorder was beginning to become rampant. Thus martial law was enacted.

Since the calamitous announcement, that you also watched on television to your dismay, you still have a relatively normal life, albeit, a lot more constrained. You still go to school, except now it is much stricter and corporal punishment had been introduced to keep the students in order. Pokemon battles still continue, but are now only allowed in supervised tournaments or gyms, not complying would mean the removal of your pokemon. Even curfews the government introduced were so harsh that police were told to shoot people on site, if they were seen past dark. All these events transpiring have probably left you in fear. Not to mention fear of losing your pokemon or your friends.

The day before this supposed day of ruin... You don't recall ever being asked to be a participant; nonetheless, you hear a voice in your head telling you what it is that had to be done. Here it is as follows:

You have been selected to represent humanity. You have one day to prepare all that you wish to bring.
    For the next year, you will prove yourself... Failure to do so, will result in the extinction of the human race, and all those you love.
    Be warned, this journey will not be easy ,and if you are to persevere with the challenges ahead, you will be cause to my appearance, do well and humanity survives.
    I as the Harbinger, will be watching.
    Be prepared at this time tomorrow...

Unbeknownst to you, 6 [again, or 8] people in total will be selected. This persuasion, the harbinger decided, would take place in a realm you would be transported to. There you will travel for a year, training your Pokémon, and developing your relationship and completing tasks. The realm will be full of Pokémon of every kind imaginable. It is essentially a smaller version of all types of environments found on Earth. There you are also able to catch Pokémon.

In order to persuade the harbinger, you will ultimately have to defeat him in a battle, however, you must first complete a series of challenges, of which will span for the entire year (more or less). It is encouraged people meet up with each other if possible, however this is not necessary. Once all of the trainers have completed enough challenges and have been otherwise deemed worthy to fight, the Harbinger will appear to them...

Thus your journey begins:

A rush of sound... a flash of white light... You wake up somewhere else, somewhere you do not recognize. And among other things, you notice a device on your wrist...

Challenges that you will encounter:
    • Going from point A to B (in either a set limit of time, or not)
    • Catching a specific pokemon (of which items will be given to you by the harbinger, specifically for that challenge only)
    • Defeating Pokemon in a gym styled tournament
    • Competing against a fellow human
    • Hunting a pokemon (this is where your character's morality and personality come into question)
    • Being able to teach your pokemon a specific move
    • Finding an item/egg/pokemon in a specific place
    • Care for an egg until it hatches
    • PM me for more ideas

You will be given these challenges by the Harbinger via a watch device you will find on your wrist on appearing in this new realm. This Pokegear, will only have your objective and a compass, nothing more will be on it. Sometimes the challenges will be vague, other times they will be specific. You might have a time limit, and other times you will not. If you meet up with someone, your objectives might become the same thing. Once the task is complete, your pokegear will be updated with a 'pass' or 'fail'. Once complete you will be given time to recuperate as well as explore and catch your own pokemon on your own time, the pokegear will inform you when your next challenge is to begin.

The number of challenges to be finished and won before gaining the right to fight the Harbinger is unknown. It will come when it comes...

If all participants successfully defeat the Harbinger in one on one combat, than humanity will be saved. If in the event that one looses to the Harbinger, this is fine, the battle can recommence once that person's pokemon has recuperated. It is until the time runs out. That is, if you can gain the Harbinger's attention before the last day.

Good luck!

Summary: You have been chosen to fight for humanity's existence in a survival game set up by something called the Harbinger. You have one year to complete challenges that will enable you to fight the harbinger, and save humanity.

Setting: You will be transported to a realm that is similar to earth, but acts very differently. There, you will find varying types of terrain and vegetation (or lack thereof) existing in the same plane of existence. The following is a list of highlights of each region
    • There is the desolate area to the North West, with an acidic river (you will find mostly ground pokemon here, as well as those pokemon who can survive in the harsh river)
    • The desert south of the desolate terrain. (home to more ground pokemon, and those that can deal without as much water)
    • The lush jungles just off the northern jungle. (plenty of grass pokemon, and otherwise tropical enduring pokemon)
    • The volcanic grounds in the centre. (plenty of fire pokemon here, along with a single cave entrance)
    • The oceanic area to the North East. (Plenty of water pokemon; there is a single boat on the island).
    • The mountains of the south, with the suspicious cave entrances (a good majority of ice-like pokemon live here, as well as some flying pokemon that can deal with the colder temperatures. There are also the typical cave dwelling pokemon here)
    • The grassy fields covering most of the east. (pretty much all kinds of pokemon can be found here)
    • The abandoned mansion south of the volcanic area* (no pokemon inside the mansion, for some strange reason)
    • The abandoned hydro electric power plant (the dam) to the east of that.** (lots of steel and electric pokemon here)
    • Lakes and water sources will be dotted throughout, aside from the acidic river and the ocean, all water will be drinkable, unless otherwise stated.

* The mansion will not only be abandoned, but also desolate, it's really only there for shelter, there isn't much else.
      ** The dam is also abandoned, it is not working properly, but there are a lot of Electric and steel Pokémon there. The electric turbines doesn't even work properly, though it seems pokemon have gotten it to work at times.
    (See the attached picture below for a better reference. Feel free to describe the setting you are in, and the Pokemon that would be relevant to that area as well)

Notes:
    • The numbers indicated on the map are starting locations, 1-6 (7 and 8 being optional for more RPers).
    • You will be given freedom as to some of the challenges, think of this as The Amazing Race, but without any particular destination. There will not be challenges every time, so you'd be free to rest up, interact with your Pokémon, or otherwise recover.
    • You are fighting for your own survival as well, this is like a survival game, and thus Pokémon are even prone to death.
    • Logically, Pokémon will be where their environment is most suited, you wouldn't find an ice Pokémon in the volcanic region for example.
    • While there are no pokemon centres, it is important to maintain the health of your Pokémon, you can do this with items you have brought, or simply by appropriately letting it feed and rest.
    • In the same vain, there are also no PCs, so if you have 6 pokemon, the only way to get more is if you abandon one.
    • Items in your bag will be a key thing on your trip, aside from a tent, a sleeping bag, a water bottle and perhaps some food, you are allowed to bring whichever thing you need (including pokeballs). You must be aware however that these items are LIMITED, and you will never be able to replenish them – it's back to the basics.
    • Be creative in your means of survival, what would you eat, where would you sleep? Etc. (maybe those Taurus look tasty after all)
    • Yes, the pokemon of this realm are catchable (all of them), even legendary Pokémon... but can you catch them? ;)
    • If you plan on catching a pokemon, leave myself to decide if it is finally caught. Thus you need to write a descent battle. You may write your logical encounter up to you throwing the ball, and it being absorbed by it.
    • This will not be like your typical game type of Pokémon 4 ever move type of thing. Your Pokémon will know all its moves as it grows. A young trainer thus with a young Pokémon, will not be able to use a high level move. So in that respect it has to be realistic. Even practice has to be made to perfect it. Think of it like the anime. A list of moves for respective Pokémon are here: https://pokemondb.net/
    • While the realm has specific regions of differences, it is not impossible to find a different type of pokemon somewhere else, just be realistic about it (like how bird pokemon can fly anywhere).
    • If you are unsure if you would encounter a certain type of pokemon in a specific area, don't hesitate to ask.
    • I'd prefer to have 3-4 people of each gender
    • Romantic relationships are allowed; just don't forget the task at hand.
    • Because this is akin to creating a new region, be creative in describing the area around you, I've left it open so that you can describe in full detail on how the land is. And in that way, other RP members can follow suit and use that description in the future. Create that vibrant setting. ;)
    • I will be giving out everyone's tasks.
    • I will judge whether or not your character passes or fails a challenge, but really, if you RP that your character was successful then it will be a win. Don't be afraid to fail though, you have a year in the RP to prove yourself. After all, I don't expect people to win all the time.
    • I will post the day at the top of my posts, feel free to type up a full day or a partial day, depending on how much time you have, thus you can always come back to it later. Once everyone has completed their day, it will be the end of the day.
    • You will be given your first task upon my first post. Of course the challenges given will be relevant to your region that you are currently in (unless stated otherwise).
    • Some challenges might be against your own morals, you can chose to fail them purposely or not.
    • It takes about 6 days to walk from one end of the map to the other (in a straight line) non-stop. Thus with the many impediments in the way, it will take longer.

Name:

Personality: (2 paragraphs minimum)

Appearance: (2 paragraphs minimum)

History: (2 paragraphs minimum) Be sure to mention your character's level of experience or lack thereof, so as to legitimize their prowess as a pokemon trainer.

Pokemon: (up to 6 of course, additional info on your pokemon is optional)

Preferred starting location number: 1-6 (7 and 8 may be used as well; see attached map below for details)

Bag: (What's in your bag? Be realistic here. These will be finite resources. Make sure to include things that will ensure your survival, if not then those consequences you may encounter when RPing - just think of what "Lord of the Flies" did to the boys).

RP sample: (Just write something that is the day before being transported to the realm, essentially it is your day of preparing for the transport; your character will believe the telepathic message to be true. You won't need to copy and paste a previous RP. It doesn't have to be that long, just something I can idea for how you write).

RP rules:

- No God-modding or bunnying, you will all have set tasks, you don't want to waste time ;)
    - Be respectiful of other members
    - Quality is a bonus
    - Try to stay as active as possible (the good thing about this kind of RP is that you don't have to be around other RPers all the time too, leaving you to do what you would like).
    - Have fun!

Current Roleplayers:

1. Feign
    2. perfectmonster
    3. Macaroni
    4.RAGECANDYBAR
    5. grishnax
    6.New Age Retro Hippie
    (7.) Spikey-Eared Pichu
    (8.) *Reserved for Monochrome*
    9.pokemongarnet
    10. THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!
    (RPs should be up by, should be Monday April 12th) :)

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hey, if you guys have any questions in concern with the plot or something else needed questioning, to so here. ;)

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Hi, could I please reserve a spot? :D This is a great idea, and I was wondering, is this actually going over a whole year real time wise? And what types of Pokemon would you rather we have at the beginning? Like, lv 5 pokemon? SU will be up asap!

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hi, could I please reserve a spot? :D This is a great idea, and I was wondering, is this actually going over a whole year real time wise? And what types of Pokemon would you rather we have at the beginning? Like, lv 5 pokemon? SU will be up asap!

I can reserve a spot for you :) Just be sure to have it up in 2 days (though tell me if this is a problem, cause I realize it is also the Easter weekend). Sorry I didn't put that in the initial thread. I'll update that shortly.

Depending of the popularity and availability of each poster, I'll try to make it go for long, though not 'one year of our time'. As each trainer would basically write their own day of events. Perhaps to avoid confusion, I could have a bolded "day 1" at the top, so that everyone can stay on the same timeline, like if they wanted to meet up and such.

You can have types of pokemon, dependent on you're character's level of experience (freedom basically). If he/she were 16, it could be logical that their pokemon would be higher leveled. I can also accept (with a good explanation of course) if that your character is young, that you can have high level pokemon.

Hope that clears things up.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Dearest Feign, reserve me a spot please (Because I can't function mentally much after working all day =3)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Dearest Feign, reserve me a spot please (Because I can't function mentally much after working all day =3)

Done. :)

Two days ;)

Oh, and I'll probably get a OCC topic in as soon as more people join. It's fine to post off-topic here for now of course. :)

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • You can have types of pokemon, dependent on you're character's level of experience (freedom basically). If he/she were 16, it could be logical that their pokemon would be higher leveled. I can also accept (with a good explanation of course) if that your character is young, that you can have high level pokemon.

So my character took on the Kanto League, so he would have pretty high leveled Pokemon. How about I make them around Lv 20, just so that its a little fair, at least! :D Or are you going to modify the challenges and battles so that the people with the higher level Pokemon fight higher lv pokemon?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You can have which ever level you want. ;)

Some of the challenges might be presented as easy, others not so. Some might not even be entirely based on how good your pokemon's level would be. So there will be some adaptation on a person's pokemon, but not too much. I'd want to keep things intresting ;)

EDIT:

So I figure with the start of each day or new task being handed out, I'll also reiterate the number of challenges won lost and perhaps tied (if circumstances are permitting).

Also, in the event that two of you should battle, there are 2 ways to have this done. That I could flip a coin, and determine who would win the battle, and each trainer writes half of the battle, or the battle could be first written in on VM between each user (means more freedom on moves etc and quick style battling).

Suggestions?

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • I am nearly done with my SU, should be up in a few hours (I have to go out) I am going to a camping store and I plan to ask them what stuff you would need if you were trapped on an island or something to help with the BAG section of the RP :D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I am nearly done with my SU, should be up in a few hours (I have to go out) I am going to a camping store and I plan to ask them what stuff you would need if you were trapped on an island or something to help with the BAG section of the RP :D

:O oh wow, mega research! That's cool :)

Take your time. ;)

EDIT:

Can I reserve? It's nearly 1 a.m., so I can't really do a decent SU right now.... I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

GAH! Sorry, I didn't see your post :3, I think there was a DB error at some point, so things were loading slow, anyway, I'll put your name down.

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Name: John Lumpur

Personality: John is very shy, and it doesn't help that he is labeled as an outcast by lots of people. He hates crowds and loud noises, so he would find it useful if he could let the ground swallow him up for a while. If you can make him feel safe around you, however, a very different person emerges. Beneath the shyness is a happy and confident youth who is loyal to every friend he makes (which isn't a lot). His fatal flaw is that when something bad happens to his friends or something he cares very much about, he will charge straight at the offender, blindly unaware of any other threats or oncoming attacks.

Appearance: John, at 15, is a well built young man. He is nearly six foot and has tanned, dark skin. His face includes a large wad of out of control hair, a pointed nose and startlingly blue eyes. He is actually quite fit from his boxing lessons and is always ready for the fight. The other thing he got from his boxing lessons was a dislocated hand, and even though they fixed it, it still bothers him every now and then.

John always likes to wear blue denim jeans and his special green shirt with a picture of a famous boxer and a Machamp fighting. Over his shirt he wears a dark blue jacket that has white stripes and checks. He wears his worn down trainers when going anywhere. When he sleeps he basically just jakes of his jacket and shoes and rests in his jeans. A silver stud decorates his left earlobe.

History: John was born on Cinnabar Island in the Kanto Region. His mum was a glassblower who made beautiful items and sold them to tourists; his dad was a trainer in the Cinnabar gym. John loved to explore the island as a youngster, always circling around the volcano. He tried to find Pokemon to make friends with, but they always ran away. The other kids on the island also rejected him, leaving him friendless. John's self esteem plummeted and he seemed to get a little depressed. His mum found that the only things that seemed to break him out of his mood was boxing (which he did for the local club) and trainer battling. John hung out at the gym a lot, watching trainers struggle for the badge.

But John wasn't old enough to get a Pokemon himself. John's father finally succeeded in beating Blaine, which he had been trying to do for years, thus gaining his eighth and final badge. He went on to challenge the Pokemon League, only to fail numerous times. Finally, he decided to give up and settle down instead.

When Team Rocket struck in Johto, John was eleven. He was old enough to go on his journey, but his parents were reluctant. They didn't want to send him out on his own. Disaster struck the town when the volcano erupted, killing a few people and destroying everything except the Pokemon Center. John and his parents barley escaped with their lives. After that they saved what they could and moved to Viridian City. John finally managed to convince his parents to let him go on an adventure, and he left for Pallet Town a few days later.

Over the next few years, John travelled around the region, growing stronger and making his bonds to his Pokemon closer. He went on to finally get all 8 badges by the time he was 14 and 9 months, and battled in the Indigo League to win where his father had failed. With his Pokemon, he came in the top eight contestants. John went back to live with his parents and that was around the time that the science team in the Sinnoh Region discovered the end of the world.

John's life got a lot tougher. School was a pain, he couldn't use his Pokemon without fear of them being taken from him and the Police Force were watching the whole town with a disturbing attitude. He had heard of the six trainers and, although he didn't really believe that the end of the world was coming, he wished that those trainers would step forward soon. Little did he know that he would be, very soon...

Pokemon:
    Kangaskhan (Lv 25, Female) Comet Punch, Leer, Fake Out, Tail Whip, Bite, Mega Punch, Rage, Dizzy Punch, Rock Climb
    Golbat (Lv 23, Male) Screech, Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Fly
    Horsea (Lv 23, Male) Bubble, Smokescreen, Leer, Water Gun, Focus Energy, BubbleBeam, Agility, Surf

Preferred starting location number: I think that the one I want is number 8? (The mountains of the south, with the suspicious cave entrances)

Bag:
    Weather Blanket (To keep warm during the night)
    Sleeping Bag (To sleep in, duh :P)
    Tarp (Protection from the rain when he is asleep)
    Poncho (Acts as Rain Coat)
    Waterproof Matches (Lighting the stove, boiling water)
    Cooking Equipment (Mini Stove, Pot, Fork and Knife, etc...)
    Small First Aid Kit (Incase of an...accident)
    Soap (Have you ever seen a hero with bad personal Hygine?)
    Toilet Paper (Better that leaves! ;))
    Hand Sanitizer (Keeps away the diseases)
    Polarized Sunglasses (So the sun won't hurt his eyes. Plus, he looks awesome ;))
    Army Ration Packs (Food, glorius food!)
    Fishing Net (To catch some Magikarp for dinner. It's not like they have any other uses :D)
    Chocolate (Of course :D)
    Glow Stick (Light up the dark)
    Swiss Army Knife (These things are pretty darn useful)
    Hatchet (Seathed, to cut wood)
    Pokeballs (To catch them)
    Hyper Potions (To heal them)
    Full Restores (To get rid of the bad status)
    Revives (To bring them back)
    Full Heal (To fix them right up)
    Rope (He likes knots)
    Pokemon Food (They get hungry too)
    Journal and Pens (Righting down useful stuff)
    Torch (To light the dark)

RP sample: I didn't want the post to be too big, so I put this in spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    grishnax Okay, you're reserved.

Haha hopefully you reserved people aren't too busy with Easter :P XD Ah well that's okay.

perfectmonster you are accepted, I liked the RP sample. The only thing though, you might have forgotten to include a flashlight/torch (for the British folk). Also, is there any pokemon related items you would like to bring such as pokeballs? Those will be finite resources as well. And because this RP doesn't really follow the game (aside from a pokemon's available movesets), you can assume your pokemon to be around (for example) level 25, and know all the moves up to it, so for example, Kangaskhan's moves total to about 8 moves at level 25, which you can use all of them (https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/kangaskhan), so you don't have to be stuck with just 4 moves. And with that as well, your pokemon sometimes could train on their own (or do so in battle) of learning new moves as though they were gaining levels. If this is a bit confusing, you can PM me. :)

Years
  • My SU: (In spoiler form because it's long)
    Spoiler:

If you're wondering how I got it out this quickly, let's just say I had a half-made SU that I figured would work well with this RP.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Oooo two shy guys XD

grishnax you are accepted, though I'm not sure if it was a typo, but 5'1" might be short for a 15 year old. ;) (not a big deal mind you), unless of course there is an explanation of such. Also, your character will probably discard his own compass (to somewhat lighten the load), once he realizes that the wristwatch he now has on his wrist has one.

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Wooooooo! One more space for me? May I ask for a reservation?

I'll probably write my signup about now :D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Sweet! All main spots are filled now :) So hopefully everyone can be accepted. Of course there are still 2 more spots left if people would still like to join. It is just that now the minimum is there.

Put your name down :)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Name: Ethan Heart

Personality: Ethan is a boisterous, carefree guy. He doesn't let most things get to him and often makes jokes and laughs. However, Ethan can't stand somber people; anyone who's cold or distant. For this reason, he absolutely despises his rival, Markus. Playfulness aside, Ethan harbors a deep love for Pokemon. He'd grown up with Pokemon his entire life and can't imagine a life without them. Ethan would do anything for his Pokemon, even sacrifice his life.

Ethan does, however, have his own share of weaknesses and issues. For one, he has a terrible fear of spiders. This is due to an encounter with a group of Ariados while playing in Ilex Forest. Also, he has a terrible issue with losing. Though his losses are few and far between, when he has lost in a Pokemon battle or contest, Ethan lashes out in anger. His Pokemon know first hand how furious Ethan can be, but, he has never harmed a human or a Pokemon.

Appearance: Ethan is 5 feet 11 inches tall. He has tan skin and lightning blue eyes. His hair is midnight blue, short, and spikey. Ethan has an athelete's build, close to a runner's, from years of rigorous exploration of wilderness and caves. His facial structure is very prominent and gives him a powerful look, but this is often hidden due to his playful personality.

Ethan is often seen wearing a crimson jacket with white stiching and a gold PokeBall insignia on the left breast, and a pair of black denim jeans. Ethan enjoys skating so he wears red and black checkered skater shoes. His jeans are a size too big so he has to wear a belt, but even that is personalized to his style; white with red stripes. Slung across Ethan's back is a black and gold backpack to hold all of his things. Around his neck, Ethan wears a bronze chain with a coin guilded in gold on one side, and silver on the other hanging from it. On one side is the legendary Ho-Oh, on the other, is the legendary Lugia. It was a gift from his mother before he departed with the Harbringer.

History: Ethan has Pokemon League-experience. He grew up in a mansion on the shoreline of Cherrygrove City. His father, a worker for Silph in Kanto, was hardly ever home, so Ethan spent much of his time with his mother, Anabelle, and her Pokemon. Anabelle was a great Contest Diva when she was younger, but since having ethan, retired to care for her son. Ethan would spend much of his infancy with his mother's Pokemon: Espeon, Milotic, Arcanine, Ursaring, Jumpluff, and Raichu. These six Pokemon became Ethan's best friends. When he became of age to partake in the Gym Challenge, his mother gave him a newborn Eevee as his first Pokemon. This Eevee was named Luno by Ethan because he wanted it to evolve into Umbreon, the counterpart of Espeon.

And so Ethan began his journey into the vast Johto region. He began by heading north to Violet City to take on Falkner, the Flying Gym Leader. Along the way, he met Mr.Pokemon, who informed him about Professor Oak and that he was looking for a Trainer to complete his latest version of the PokeDex. Ethan volunteered to take on the challenge, though more for himself since the PokeDex would come in handy when facing wild Pokemon. Along with the PokeDex, Ethan recieved a Pokemon Egg from Mr.Pokemon, who told him that the Egg was of great importance and would only hatch in the hands of a passionate Trainer. Ethan didn't understand why he'd chosen him to hatch the egg, but he kept silent and went on his way.

Ethan trained Luno on Route 30 before reaching Violet; facing numberous Trainers and encountering many wild Pokemon. But, only one caught his eye. He was training near a small lake beside Dark Cave when Luno sensed a presence. This presence was a Poliwag, a Water-Type. Ethan decided he wanted it and went about battling the Poliwag and capturing it. The Poliwag he nicknamed Poli turned out to be a rather passive Pokemon, but Ethan kept him and trained Poli alongside Luno. With two strong Pokemon, Ethan entered the Violet Gym and challenged Falkner. The battle was strenuous and long, but Ethan came out the victor. With the Zephyr Badge in hand, Ethan traveled south to his next challenge, the Bug Gym of Azalea Town.

On Route 32, Ethan encountered the young man who would later be his rival. With shoulder-length red hair, and silver eyes of contempt, the boy called himself Markus, and challgened Ethan to a battle. Ethan fought Markus with Poli and defeated Markus's Cydnaquil. Following, Markus sent out Elekid who defeated Poli, much to Ethan's dismay. Sending out, and defeating Elekid with Luno, Ethan thought he'd won, but Markus had a third Pokemon. He sent out Sneasel who defeated Luno. Ethan exlcaimed that Markus cheated, but the redhead simply shrugged, said that only weaklings make excuses, and left on the back of his Honchkrow. The loss made Ethan furious, but he maintained himself until he healed his Pokemon. Returning to Route 32, Ethan set to training, determined to never lose to Markus again. While training he met his third Pokemon, a Mareep he would call Amphy. With three members to his team, Ethan traversed Union Cave and emerged in Azalea Town.

In the small town, he met Kurt, the Ball Maker. Ethan had heard of Kurt's handywork with making PokeBalls from Apricorns and he pleaded the master PokeBall maker to train him in the art. Kurt refused, but gave Ethan a guide on how to do it, written by Kurt himself. Ethan then challenged Bugsy, the Bug Gym Leader, and won easily with Luno, Poli, and Amphy. Having recieved the Hive Badge, Ethan left to Goldenrod through the Ilex Forest. In the forst, Ethan had an unearthly encounter with the Time-Traveling Pokemon, Celebi. Celebi touched the Egg Ethan had in his bag and it hatched into a Togepi. Celebi then disappeared, but not without leaving a message to Ethan through telepathy:

Raise this newborn with a kind and gentle heart, and he will repay you with power and wisdom.

Ethan was awed by this visit, but took Celebi's message to heart. He trained the Togepi in Ilex Forest with great care, never letting it even endure a single blow from a foe. He nicknamed the Togepi Valentine and discovered the power the small Pokemon held. He then exited the forest and went to goldenrod where he challenged and defeated Whitney, obtaining the Plain Badge. Ethan than traveled to Ecruteak City, where he was to face Morty, the Ghost Gym Leader.

In Ecruteak, Ethan decided to visit the Burned Tower. Here, he met his fifth Pokemon; a Magby who hid in the rubble. Ethan nicknamed the Magby Spitfire and had it hold an Everstone; He did not want the Fire-Type to evolve. While in the Burned Tower, Ethan was ambushed by Markus and lost, again. Disheartened by his loss, Ethan avoided the Ecruteak Gym and decided to go East to train more.

Here, Ethan trained on the rugged terrain of Mt.Mortar. He evolved Luno, Poli and Amphy during training, giving him hope for the next time he would face Markus. While training Valentine, Ethan encountered a ferocious, wild Chikorita. He was saddened by the fiercness of the Pokemon, knowing that no normal, wild Pokemon would be this angry. He decided to capture the Chikorita and named her Leaf. He then began to try and recondition Leaf to not be so aggressive. This was easier than he thought it'd be. Leaf only wanted to be treated kindly and she returned Ethan's kindness by battling for him.

With a full party of six, Ethan took on and defeated Morty. With the Fog Badge in hand, Ethan went to Olivine and defeated Jasmine, earning him the Mineral Badge. Using Poli to reach Cianwood, Ethan defeated Chuck and obtained the Storm Badge. However, Poli was still tired from Surfing to Cianwood so Ethan had no means of returning to the mainland. He was desperate and recieved HM02 Fly from Chuck's wife. Lacking a Flying-Type, Ethan almost lost hope. That is, until Valentine evolved into Togetic. With a Flying-Type now, Ethan flew to Ecruteak and traveled East to Mahogany Town, where he defeated Pryce and obtained the Glacier Badge.

Ethan now had 7 Badges in hand and proceeded to Blackthorn City to battle Clair. There, he met an elderly woman who told him that if he evolved his Bayleaf, who evolved from Chikorita during the battle with Chuck, into Meganium, she would teach Leaf a powerful Grass-type attack. Ethan did so, also evolving Togetic in the process after finding a Shiny Stone, and Leaf learned Frenzy Plant. Ethan then challenged Clair an defeated her. Now with the Rising Badge, Ethan returned to Olivine to take the S.S. Aqua to Kanto and obtain its 8 badges. The reason for this was because the Elite 4 had enstated a new policy requiring that all Trainers obtain the 16 badges of Johto and Kanto before they could participate in the Tojoh League.

And so, Ethan traversed Kanto and defeated the 8 Gym Leaders. His Pokemon were very strong by this point, but when challenged by Markus at Cinnabar Island, he lost again. However, Ethan didn't let this dishearten him and he flew to the Indigo Plateau to challenge the Elite 4. There, he battles and won against Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen. But, Ethan could not manage to defeat Champion Lance and his Dragon arsenal. It was after Ethan's defeat that he'd heard the news about the Harbringer.

Pokemon:

-Luno, Umbreon
    -Male
    -Lv.70
    -Hold Item: Focus Sash
    -Personality: Luno is a very stalwart Pokemon. He will protect Ethan and the other Pokemon even if it means death. Luno hardly ever shows weakness. He'll go to the point of starvation before admitting he's hungry. In battle, Luno is very sure of Ethan's commands and follows them without question. Battling at night, Luno uses its camoflague as an advantage to win.

-Amphy, Ampahros
    -Female
    -Lv.65
    -Hold Item: Light Clay
    -Personality: Amphy is the motherly-figure of Ethan's team. She tries to keep the others in-line. Amphy gets very angry when Ethan does something that puts himself in danger, which is very often. In battle, Amphy plays the defensive, using Light Screen and Reflect to nullify enemy attacks and then zapping her foes with Thunderbolt and Signal Beam.

-Valentine, Togekiss
    -Male
    -Lv.68
    -Hold Item: Bright Powder
    -Personality: Valentine is a very witty Pokemon. He is Ethan's main form of aerial transportation and his quick-wit has saved Ethan from several hazardous flights. Valentine is possibly the wisest of Ethan's team, acting as somewhat of a guide and strategist for the Trainer. In battle, Valentine dominates in the air. Using aerial space to his advantage, Valentine bombards the foe with Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Ancientpower, Psychic, and other attacks. His Serene Grace hightens the chance of his stats being raised and the foe lfinching and falling asleep, a great advantage.

-Spitfire, Magby
    -Male
    -Lv.66
    -Hold Item: Everstone
    -Personality: Spitfire is the mischevious one of Ethan's group. Although being ten levels above neccessary to evolve, Ethan has Spitfire hold an Everstone because he doesn't want Spitfire to evolve. Spitfire doesn't mind and uses his 'Baby' status as an excuse for playing pranks on the other Pokemon. Though a Baby, Spitfire is a very big powerhouse. In battle, Spitfire uses his small size and speed to outsmart his foes and then attack with Flamethrower, Smog, or other attacks.

-Poli, Poliwhirl
    -Male
    -Lv.68
    -Hold Item: King's Rock
    -Personality: Poli is a quiet Pokemon. He acts as a mediator for his teammates, but generally avoids conflict himself. Poli enjoys swimming in streams and sleeping, so Ethan only uses him when he needs to. Ethan uses Poli, though rarely, as a form of aquatic transportation. In battle, Poli is capable of unleashing a watery hell. Use of Hydro Pump, Focus Punch, Icebeam, Mud Bomb and other moves make him a terror in battle, despite his calm and peaceful demenor.

-Leaf, Meganium
    -Female
    -Lv.69
    -Hold Item: Dry Rock
    -Personality: Leaf is a very agressive member of Ethan's team. Ethan uses Leaf as a form of land transportation. Leaf enjoys picking fights with Luno and Spitfire, but Amphy and Poli often break them up. The reason for Leaf's agressive nature is because she was abandoned as a Chikorita by her previous Trainer and left to fend for herself at Mt. Mortar. Ethan found and cared for LEaf, but her agressiveness never left her. In battle, most Meganium are defensive, but due to her violent past, Leaf is all offensive. She batters foes with Frenzy Plant and Solar Beam, and if that doesn't work, Headbutt and Earthquake usually do the trick.

Preferred starting location number: 7(?)

Bag:
    -PokeDex Johto Model 2.0
    -PokeGear
    -PokeBalls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls; 20, 15, 10
    -Revives, Max Revives; 5, 3
    -Apricorn Case: 15 Red, Green, Blue, Pink, Black, Yellow, and White Apricorns; PokeBall Maker's Guide for Dummies
    -Journal, Pen
    -Sleeping Bag
    -Tarp
    -Swimming Trunks
    -Flares; 5
    -Rope; 30ft.
    -Water Bottle; 16oz.
    -Canteen; 10oz. water
    -Berry Pouch: 10 Oran, Pecha, Cheri, Chesto, and Aspear berries. 5 Lum and Sitrus berries.
    -Swiss Army Knife
    -Go-Goggles
    -Berry Pots
    -Squritbottle; 5oz. water
    -TM Case; TMs 1-50; single copy; HMs 1-9(HM09 Defog)

RP sample:

Ethan checked his supplies once more, hmmm...yup, got everything! He smiled, though it lacked heart. Today he would be leaving his world to go with the Harbringer to whatever twisted world it wanted. Atleast, he thought with some comfort, his Pokemon would be going with him. Amphy, Poli, Leaf, Valentine, and Spitfire wriggled in their PokeBalls, each anticipating what would happen when the Harbringer came. Luno was out of his PokeBall, as was common, and was lying at the foot of Ethan's bed, snoozing.

From downstairs came Anabelle's voice, "Ethan! Come down here, please! I want to give you something!" Ethan came downstairs fully dressed with his backpack slung across his shoulder and Luno tailing behind. Anabelle looked at her son and she began to cry. Her son, her pride and joy would be leaving her today to help save the world. "I...I want you to have this..." She held out a chain, with a gold and silver coin dangling from it.

"Mom..." Ethan was touched by his mother's emotions. He couldn't believe he'd be leaving her for a whole year...
    "It's a family heirloom. Your grandfather gave it to me when I obtained the eight gym badges of Johto..."
    Ethan was slightly taken aback, "Mom...you beat the Gym Leaders? But...I thought you just participated in Contests?"
    "Hahahah, shocking, I know. But, yes, I did defeat the Gym Leaders. My dad gave me that necklace and said that if I were ever in trouble, to pray to the Legendary Birds of Sun and Sea. I want you to have it."
    "Mom..." Ethan embraced his mother in a hug and he began to tear up, "I will...and I promise...I'll come back, I swear."

If neccessary, I'll down my Pokemon levels. I kept them up cuz, well I want to have a bit more of a challenge ;-)

Back