• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Id est damnum innocentiae

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2010
    Day 1: Part 1
    Eggs are a Pain.

For the first challenge you shall head for the one cave entrance, located at the base of the biggest volcano at the center. There you will find an orange coloured egg. This task will not be without its calamities however, the various fire pokemon know about the existence of the egg, and will protect it at any cost, if they see you heading towards the cave, they will attack you. Be wary as well, the terrain will become more dangerous as you approach this cave. That being said, once the egg is retrieved you may will have to defend yourself further, until you can leave the volcanic area. There is no time limit. You may wish to capture any of these pokemon. The Harbinger will be watching.

Caira hadn't complained when she appeared in the middle of a volcanic wasteland, nor when she found out her task required her to go towards the ominous volcano in the distance. Not even at the creepiness of 'The Harbinger will be watching' at the end of the task, or the fact that she now had a watch superglued to her wrist. She didn't gripe when she almost stepped on a houndour. As she had expected, her first annoyance was trying to get her stubborn pokemon to actually listen to her.

"Kalamari," She made a wide gesture to the scabby, black landscape. "We are going across a field of lava, and you are the only one on the team with a type advantage." The boiling lava pit in the distance belched out fumes. Her hopes fluttered up as Kalamari turned towards her for a second, but they were soon stamped out as the octillery simply started scraping at the ground.

Caira let out a sigh and sat down on one of the larger rocks. "We can do this the hard way." She lifted a fist into the air, but it was hard to look threatening when the target wasn't even paying attention.

"Tilleriiiiiii," It deadpanned. Kalamari wasn't the motherly type, or even a girl. It couldn't care less about any freaking eggs. It rolled it's eyes up to the smoke stained skies, looking at something that Caira couldn't quite figure out.

"Fine then, your loss." She noticed a black dot far in the distance under the volcano - probably the cave. Several pokemon wandered around it, but their sooty feet never seemed to leave the general area.

"Okay Kalamari, we won't be completely screwed until we reach there. Just actually be useful then," She commented as the large octopus was sucked back into it's Pokeball. Just her and the large scary volcano in the distance. Nice.

Caira began what would be a long, long walk.

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Day 1, Part 1

I began waking up. I don't remember falling asleep. The last thing I can remember was a bright flash of light. And now, I'm on my back. Lying down on the strangely soft ground and grass. I felt like soaking it up for a moment, but that's when I realized something. I'm lying down on grass. I immediately got up off the ground and checked the back of my shirt. No grass stains. Good. I sighed a sigh of relief. And that's when another question came to mind. Where am I? I appeared to be in a grassy field. Not many trees, and some Pokemon. Rather picture-esque thinking about it. Looking off into the horizon, I saw what I thought was water. Maybe a river. I began looking around. There was water separating me from the main land. Oh. My. God. I'm stranded on an island. While I was looking around, I noticed my bag was still with me. Good. But now what? I began scratching my head, wondering. And I noticed I had something on my wrist. I pulled my wrist back to see it was a digital watch with three buttons on it. I pressed one and the watch turned into a compass. I pressed it again to go back to the watch, but instead it turned into a block of text. I began reading it;

'For the first challenge, you will have to seek out both a Milotic and a Gyrados. You cannot win this challenge by capturing them, but instead, you will have to convince them both somehow or rather to race them, you may choose whichever means necessary to race them. You will only have one chance to race them once you are ready. If you lose the challenge will be lost and they will ignore you and move on. If you win, you have the chance to battle and capture one or the other. There is no time limit in terms of getting prepared, only the race will be the limit. I will be watching.'

Oh, you're joking... I have to race two Pokemon? There are so many things that could impede me. For one, how am I gonna race them? It's not like they understand human speech. And one of them is a violent monster. No way I can reason with it. I have to find a way to make them race me without them knowing. And even then, how am I gonna beat them? Wait a minute. Any means necessary? I can cheat? Sweet. I might actually have a chance. But how am I gonna get them to race me. Heh. Considering it's a short-tempered Gyrados, it'd be easier if it just chased me. Wait. If it chased me. Genius. Pure, unadulterated genius.

I began searching for Milotic and Gyrados, with the help of Rya. I decided to walk around the water's edge, considering they were Water Pokemon. That, and I wanted to see how far away the main land was. It was pretty darn far. I couldn't see much of it until it went into the horizon. I don't think I could swim that far. Considering they're both Water Pokemon, maybe I could use them to get me across the water. The message did say I could keep one. I'll probably pick Gyrados, considering it's bigger and it wouldn't be as comfy as I want. And Milotic is so beautiful too...

After nearly an hour of searching, I finally found them. They both appeared to be sleeping near the water's edge. It was time for the plan to go into action," Rya, Pound." I said, grinning deviously. Rya walked over to Milotic, slapped it, and then did the same to Gyrados. They were both a little slow getting up. But soon enough, they saw Rya and I, standing about 10 metres away. We both pulled down our eyelids and stuck out our tongues, taunting them.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Day 1 Part 1

Phoenix sat, dazed, unaware of his surroundings. What had just happened? He then remembered the messages; this was where he was chosen to be. The area was grassland near a forked river; Pokémon were everywhere. Rojo, his Smeargle was sitting a few feet away in the grass looking at the clouds. Just as phoenix stood up he saw a watch on his wrist, he needn't explore the buttons. He was reading over a message when everything pieced together.

"Rojo," Smeargle turned to Phoenix, awaiting a command. "We're going to that building over there." Said Phoenix pointing to a large building with electrical towers of metal on top. Rojo and Phoenix paced to the nearest tree, they planned to leap from tree to tree to get there. Phoenix leapt for the nearest branch, attempting to climb up, when the whole tree shook. It began to rotate. The tree had a face, and it was mad. The alleged tree was a Pokémon that Phoenix had seen before, Sudowoodo. The towering Pokémon turned and began to chase the two. They ran at full speed hurdling over objects, Phoenix's uncombed black hair flying in the wind. Phoenix and Rojo were constantly looking back, when, THUD. The two had hit the wall of the power plant. The Pokémon picked them up with its stubby hands when Phoenix fumbled through his bag 'til he found the right spherical object, he pressed the button in the middle releasing a red ray of light. "Machamp! Use Karate Chop." The four armed Pokémon struck the Sudowoodo in the side causing it to drop Phoenix and Smeargle. The trio ran into the power plant and quickly shut the door behind them.

Inside nothing was working, no lights nothing. The walls were stone and were painted gray. It was similar to a maze in a way.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2010
    Day 1: Part 2
    This is the marvelous filler part in which she travels to the volcano! It is short and it is filler, but stuff can actually happen next post now!

Lava boiled and spit in the distance. Most people know that lava is not a good thing, and that when get too close, you will get burnt and possibly lose a limb. Reasons like this are why Caira was not very thrilled as she was walking by the lava pit.

"Slug," Came a low gurgling voice from the lava. Slugma were squirming and slithing throughout the lava. Caira considered catching one for some company, since her current party ran too much of a risk of getting burned if let out of their balls. However, she had only four Pokeballs – and she didn't want to waste one on something that looked like it crawled out of a sewer and set on fire.

"It'd be nice to see something other than you beauties," She quipped at one that was resting on an outcrop of dried lava. Sure, occasionally there were Marcargo, but those were just senior Slugmas with back tumors. This was just like the caves back home, where everything was nothing but Zubat. Except it was Slugma.

"You'd think there'd be more variety her-"

A shadow flitted overhead. Caira started. Several Slugma made a break for it and something splashed into the lava before springing out. A Slugma or two had disappeared, and now all the Pokemon were going back to their usual spots.

Caira smiled as the Charizard flew off towards the direction of the egg.

At least this was going to be interesting.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Day 1: Part 3
    In this paart, Ethan gains an unlikely ally that could change the entirety of his mission on this bizarre world.

"He's…he's gone…" Ethan trembled. The pain of his leg flared up and he fell to the floor again, crying out in agony. Poli ran to his side and handed him something. It was a Sitrus Berry. "From my bag, huh?" Ethan ate the berry and slowly regained his strength. "Poli, this challenge is going to be tougher than we-" but as he was talking to his Pokemon, Ethan's PokeGear rang, "What?" Ethan read the message displayed on the screen:

Ethan, trainer with the golden heart and silver soul,

What you have seen is just a small portion of my power. The clone was a mirror image of you. I killed him to show you that you are not immune to dying here. I will kill you if you do wrong in my domain. The same goes for your Pokemon. Your second opponent will appear shortly.

Ethan's blood when ice-cold. He'll kill me if do anything to displease him, he thought. Ethan shook as he got to his feet, "Poli…come here…" Ethan pulled a Full Restore from his bag and sprayed Poli with it, "We need to be prepared for this next challenger…" Poli shook his head vigorously.
    At that moment, another beam of white light came down from above. This time, the beam revealed a young girl with rabbit ear-like pigtails. "Hello, Ethan." Her voice was soft, but like the Ethan clone, hers was also crystal-clear.
    Ethan's eyes widened, "Jasmine…? Wait," He shook his head, "You're just a figment of my memory…the Harbringer created you…Do you know he's going to eradicate you when I defeat you?"
    The Jasmine look-a-like frowned, "Yes, but you seem so sure…why is that, Ethan?"
    The mention of his name coming from the familiar face of his girlfriend made Ethan shiver, "Don't…don't say my name…please…" He looked at the ground, and then to the field around him; it was somewhat destroyed from the previous bout. Various wild Pokemon were gathering some distance away, safe from harm, to watch. Tauros, Miltank, Chansey, Rattatta, Exeggcute, and Nidoqueen were a few of the gathered Pokemon, yet somehow Ethan knew even they weren't real Pokemon. He looked back to Jasmine, "I know I'll win because I have to win. It isn't a choice for me! Johto is counting on me! My mom…Prof. Oak…Jasmine…" He was shaking; a tear ran down his cheek, "I HAVE TO WIN FOR EVERYONE OR ELSE THEY'LL DIE!"
    Ethan's sudden outburst startled Jasmine. A crystal PokeBall appeared in her hand, "I believe," she took a battle position, "it is best if we begin." Throwing the ball upward, Jasmine called out, "Bellosom, go!" The ball released a small crystal flower arrangement; at least, that's what it looked like to Ethan. Actually, it was a Bellosom. The small Pokemon spun its skirt to and fro, letting out a small cry.
    Ethan, however, wasn't fooled. Walking backwards until he'd put some distance between himself and the Bellosom, Ethan looked to a small pond near Jasmine, "Poli! Ice Beam, now!" The Poliwhirl shot up like a bullet from the pond, catching the Bellosom completely by surprise. Poli put his fists before him and shot a beam of ice-blue, hitting the Bellosom dead-on. "Yes! Direct hit!"
    Jasmine was completely shocked, "But, how? I never saw your Poliwhirl enter the water!" The Bellosom was gravely injured, and to its surprise, ice began to form over its body!
    Ethan smirked, "Easy. While I gave you my little sappy performance, Poli slipped by and into the pond. The Poliwag family is quite unique amongst Water-Types, ya know? They can slip in and out of water without even rippling the surface. And once inside, they're virtually undetectable. Poli!" Poli answered the call and ran towards his Trainer, "Good work, boy. Now let's keep it up! Use Brick Break!"
    Poli nodded and ran forward at the frozen Bellosom. A single leap and Poli came crashing down with his fists onto the ice block! It shattered, releasing the Bellosom. The floral sprite fell forward, gasping for breath. Jasmine stood by, but Ethan saw that she was pained. Just like the real one, he thought. "Poli, finish the-WHAT?" Ethan was about to command Poli to finish off the Bellosom with a Blizzard, but couldn't. The Bellosom had launched a Solar Beam attack. The orange-yellow beam had been launched from the Bellosom's floral head ornaments. Poli flew backwards a good twenty feet. Smoke was rising from the wound on his stomach. Ethan looked bewildered, "How?! It was in the ice!"
    Jasmine frowned slightly, "While she was incased in the ice, Bellosom was gathering sunlight. You should have paid attention."
    Ethan's brow came together in frustration, "Damn it, you're right…" He sprinted over to Poli to check his health. Poli was breathing shallowly, but was conscious. Ethan sighed, "It's okay, Poli. Use Rest." Poli nodded, yawned heavily, and fell asleep, snoring loudly. However, his injuries rapidly healed in the process.
    Jasmine looked at him with an expression of cluelessness, "Why would you make your Pokemon use a move that leaves it vulnerable? Bellosom can easily defeat Poliwhirl while it uses Rest."
    Ethan shook his head and chuckled, "That may be, but I have faith in my Pokemon and their abilities," Ethan pointed to the Bellosom who had yet to move, "Your Bellosom could probably defeat Poli, yeah, but she can't if she can't move."
    "What?"
    "You see, when Poli used Rest, he also launched a Yawn attack. Notice your Bellosom getting drowsy?"
    Sure enough, the Bellosom was on the ground, sleeping soundly. Jasmine looked surprised, "Such skill…you truly are a skilled Trainer."
    "Thanks. And now, Poli," Ethan called to Poli, who woke up and stretched, "Use Blizzard." Poli yawned once more and unleashed a blizzard attack that K.Oed the Bellosom. "Poli's Rest allows him to regain health and awaken two turns later. With Bellosom asleep, it was easy to defeat you."
    Jasmine nodded, "I see. I guess you were right, you did defeat me…"
    Ethan nodded gravely, "Yeah…I guess this means you're going to disappear too…"
    The Bellosom evaporated into crystal light. Jasmine closed her eyes, expecting to be terminated as well. "Thank you, Ethan."
    Ethan was puzzled, "Why would you thank me? Because of me, you're going to die."
    Jasmine's eyes remained closed, but she smiled sheepishly, "That may be so, but you showed me kindness in this battle. I learned something about your Poliwhirl that I did not know coming into this fight."
    "Just like her," Ethan mused, "She said the same thing when I first defeated her in Olivine Gym…" The familiar beam of white light came down. But, instead of the light destroying the Jasmine clone, it directed itself to Ethan's PokeGear, and a message was displayed:

Ethan, trainer with the golden heart and silver spirit,

You have shown a great display in the powers of your Pokemon, as well as your ability to adapt to compromising situations. As a small token of your winning, I will allow the girl to live. I made her from every memory of yours involving her. She behaves, looks, thinks, and has the same Pokemon as the Jasmine of your world. But, if you wish for me to eradicate her, then press the center button. If within one minute, the button is not pressed, I will make her of flesh and bone. She will be just like an ordinary human, meaning she must eat, sleep, and bathe as you do.

Ethan read the message to himself. The decision was to be made in a minute, but could he really deny someone the opportunity to live, even if they were just a clone? No, he decided, he could not. Ethan turned to Jasmine and said, "Jasmine, you can open your eyes. The Harbringer isn't going to kill you. He says he'll let you live."
    Jasmine's eyes fluttered open, revealing amber irises, "What? The Harbringer would do me such a grand kindness? But, why?"
    "Because I battled capably, I guess…I don't really know why…" Ethan answered. However, in the back of his mind, he knew exactly why. The Harbringer wants to see how he can manage with a second companion, one who walks and talks and thinks just like the girl who means the most to him.
    Jasmine smiled and ran forward, embracing Ethan in a hug which startled the boy, "Thank you, Ethan! You're so good to me!"
    At that moment, Ethan knew the change was permanent. He felt warmth from the crystal girl, and her voice was normal, not glass-like. Ethan hugged her back, "Don't thank me, Jasmine…how could I let you die?"
    A message displayed itself on the PokeGear again, causing Ethan to pull away from Jasmine:

The third part of your challenge is about to begin, be prepared.

Ethan sighed deeply, "Poli! Come here, boy!" Poli ran over to Ethan, nodding to Jasmine. Ethan rummaged through his bag and produced an Oran Berry, "Eat up. Our last battle's going to begin soon." And I have a sick feeling as to who I'll be facing…

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • OZRIC - DAY ONE, PART TWO
    In which Oz finds an easy target, but it won't be quite so simple later on...

"Ahh, this is crazy~," Oz hummed to himself. "There's seriously nothing here." Indeed, he couldn't see any of his quarry. Just the picturesque field passing by, the occasional tree dotted here and there, and what seemed to be an upcoming lake. The only Pokemon he could really see were a few birds flying up high. Dodrio simply plodded by its master's side, not really doing anything to help his quest. The contents of the back on its back rattled every now and then, but not enough to worry the young trainer.

And that's when Oz got a stupid idea. "I can't see them because I'm looking for them!" he cheerfully realised. "I need to not look for them!" So he slapped his hands over his eyes and started wandering around blindly, yelling out strange things such as "I don't need a tuba! I am not drilling for oil!" in a ridiculous attempt to lure his prey out. And, believe it or not, it worked.

The boy heard a feeble cry somewhere to the left of him. He stopped, and peeked through the cracks in his fingers. Laying down was a large brown beast, thin and breathing raggedly. Its longer mane of darker hair was matted. Small insects buzzed around the poor creature. Cautiously, Oz tiptoed up to it. The white of its eyes showed at it stared at him fearfully. It tried to struggle away but couldn't get very far. "Oh, it's sick," the boy muttered. "But... what if I don't find any more Taurus?"

With a soft sigh, he threw one of his Pokeballs towards the beast. With yet another burst of light a dark-coloured Pokemon was standing in front of it. The Quilava turned to face his trainer. Oz rummaged through his satchel until he pulled a smaller bag out. Reaching into that pouch he procured a large yellow berry. "Could you give this to the Taurus?" asked Oz of his Pokemon. Quilava nodded and darted over, grabbed the berry, darted back, and gently force fed the bovine Pokemon.

It didn't take long until the Taurus managed to stand up. Its eyes were brighter and its three tails whipped away the bothersome bugs. Naturally, the trainer opposing it grinned. "Now it's a fair fight! Alrighty, Quilava, give it an Ember attack!"

Rather than ponder his trainer's contradictory actions, the stoat-like Pokemon's back flared up into bright orange flames. With a growl he opened his mouth to allow many small glowing orbs to shoot out and smack straight into the Taurus' side. The beast bellowed loudly and pawed the ground, before charging straight at the Fire Pokemon. Oz's cry of "Dodge, dodge, dodge!" was unnecessary as Quilava rolled neatly out of the Taurus' path.

Before it had time to turn around Oz commanded "Swift!" Quilava took the same stance as he did with the Ember attack, but instead of red-hot coals flying out of his mouth, dozens of tiny white stars burst out. As soon as it touched the Taurus' side the stars burst into tinier stars and fizzled out.

Finally the bull managed to turn around and glare at the two (plus one) who were causing it so much pain. It launched into another mad charge, its eyes wide and nose flared. "Now," Oz grinned, and pulled a pure white ball out of his bag. "Go! Harbringer Ball!" He tossed the sphere with all his might at the Taurus, the fingers on his other hand crossed...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    New Age Retro Hippie:

Your tossed ball absorbs the pokemon, it begins to shake, no sooner had you done so, it stopped and the Harbinger Ball stopped glowing.

You've caught your first Taurus!

It must have been that the Taurus was already slightly weak, enabling you to catch it somewhat easily. ((You may RP the outcomes, including the balls thrown and caught for the remaining Tauruses)).

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    OOC (( Can I catch a voltorb for my task without having to leave it open ended for you to say whether or not I caught it? ))

Years
  • Lucas: Day 1, Part 2
    In which Lucas is forced into a bad situation...

"This is getting pretty tiring..." Lucas said, both to himself and to Umbreon. Umbreon nodded in agreement, and then proceeded to bite through the vine he was cutting. Suddenly, the vine began to move. "Look out!" Lucas shouted, and pushed Umbreon to the side. Just in time, as a spray of Acid rained down. "Looks like we stirred something up..." Lucas muttered to himself. As soon as he said that, an Arbok dropped down from the tree. Both Umbreon and Lucas froze, hoping that Arbok wouldn't notice them. However, luck wasn't on their side. "Run!" Lucas yelled, and he and Umbreon dashed away as possible.

Arbok quickly weaved through the trees, moving much faster than Lucas and Umbreon. As the Arbok chased them, Lucas recalled a fact that he had picked up somewhere... 'When running from a snake-Pokemon, run straight.' A lot of good that will do me, Lucas thought to himself, I'm in a jungle! How am I supposed to run straight? Ironically, at that moment, Lucas and Umbreon burst through the foliage and into a small clearing. "Umbreon! Run straight!" Lucas yelled, and Umbreon did as he was told, although he wasn't to sure why.

Since Lucas and Umbreon were tripping over the roots and plants much less, they began to move faster than the Arbok. And then, as suddenly as it had appeared, the clearing faded into jungle once again. I'm good as dead if this keeps up, Lucas thought to himself. But if I fight back, maybe... "Umbreon! Quickly, use Pursuit!" Umbreon, not used to running then fighting, took a moment to respond. However, a moment can be a bit to long when you're fighting for your lives.

Arbok bit into Umbreon, and Lucas cried out. I have to do something! Lucas thought frantically, and realized that he was still holding his survival knife. I can't do this! Lucas thought to himself, I can't stab a Pokemon! That's... Awful, but if I don't, Umbreon might... "Bree!" A call from Umbreon snapped Lucas out of his thoughts, and made up his mind. Lucas crept behind the Arbok, and then...

"Arrrrrbo-!" The Arbok cut off, as Lucas stabbed through it's wind pipe. It tried to hurl Lucas away, but Lucas had a firm grip and continued to stab the knife into the Arbok. "Arr..." The Arbok's eyes closed, and it fell to the ground, dead. Lucas looked at his hands, covered in blood. "No, I couldn't have done this..." Lucas said quietly, and then sat down slowly. I just killed a Pokemon... A living, breathing being...

"Breon..." Umbreon's weak call snapped Lucas out of his shock. "Oh yeah, I guess you're hurt," Lucas said softly. "Here, have a Berry." Lucas plucked a random Berry off a nearby tree, and tossed it to Umbreon. Umbreon ate the Berry, and stood up, looking dizzy. "I suppose I should put you back in your Pokeball." At this, Lucas returned Umbreon into his Pokeball.

"No..." Lucas said to himself, barely audible. "No, no no no no..." Lucas fell down on the ground, and began to cry. He hadn't cried that much since he had been bullied, and even then it wasn't this bad. I killed a Pokemon... Lucas thought, and burst into another round of tears. It had a life, and I destroyed it... "Why?!" Lucas yelled, "Why did you make me do this? Why am I here? Why did you pick me? And why was I forced to kill that Pokemon? Tell me, WHY!?" And with that, Lucas broke down crying more than ever.

((If you're wondering, the Berry that Lucas gave Umbreon was a Pecha Berry, and Umbreon happened to be poisoned from the Arbok. Lucky coincidence?))

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Day 1 Part 2 of 2

Phoenix got right down to the task at hand. "Alright, we'll split up into groups," he addressed his present Pokémon. "You, Arms, will go and round up as many Voltorb as possible without knocking them out." The tall four armed figure nodded, ready for the challenge. "Purple and myself will try to catch them," he continued "and Rojo, you go…… do something?" he hadn't had this entirely planned out, but apparently Rojo did, because he ran off into the maze, sure that he would find some voltorb. "We'll meet back here in a few minutes. Break!" The three groups went their separate ways going into the maze. Phoenix took his bag off of his back pack until he found Purple's ball. When he found it he released it from a burst of red light, but as he did there was another burst of light, this one was white and left a pile of 10 pure white pokeballs. Phoenix picked them up aware of their purpose and proceeded into the maze.

Phoenix walked along while he made conversation with Purple, explaining their surroundings and the task at hand. All of a sudden a glimpse of red caught his eye, it was a voltorb. "Purple, Fury Swipes." Phoenix said confidently. "Purple?" The purple monkey had disappeared, afraid of the voltorb. "It's only a voltorb, you can handle it." Purple then emerged from behind Phoenix, relieved. Obeying the previously given commands, Purple sprouted small claws from it's hands and charged at the red and white sphere knocking it on to it's back. Phoenix aware that it was weakened, threw one of the harbinger balls, engulfing the voltorb in red light. "What?" Phoenix questioned "Not even a wiggle." He tried again knowing that another attack could knock out the Pokémon. No progress. Again and again he tried yet no progress. "Uh-oh," Purple turned to see Phoenix staring at the last Harbinger Ball. "We're almost out." Purple attacked with fury swipes, even though he hadn't been told. The voltorb was week, but not unconscious, he threw the last one… click. Phoenix went over to the ball, picking it up off of the cement floor, disappointed.
    When he had returned to the rendezvous, Arms was waiting, holding 4 electrodes, one in each hand. The electrodes were struggling. He was waiting for Rojo. Phoenix heard a faint rumbling, the ground was shaking, and there was Rojo with a large family of Electrodes and Voltorbs, marching close behind. Phoenix, awestruck, soon noticed that Rojo had got their attention by drawing Red arrows with his tail, pointing to this location. Phoenix was surprised in Rojo's performance.
    Phoenix didn't know where to look for the generator. He Reached into his bag once more and pulled his metal climbing stakes. He walked up to wall and stabbed them both in he then muscled his way up to stand on the wall. He saw the generator. He jumped down, collecting his stakes and placed them in his bag.
    "Over there." Phoenix pointed, as the small Pokémon army followed.

The generator was a huge metal cylinder covered in dust. Phoenix quickly scanned through the objective. "Use Self- Destruct." He and his Pokémon ran for cover. BOOM! An explosion occurred, sending metal scraps into the wall of cement that Phoenix was hiding behind.
    He returned to the room to see fainted Voltorbs and Electrodes, but his task was complete, the generator was blown up.
    He stomped on the Harbinger ball, smashing it, eliminating the enslavement of the one voltorb he caught.

(( sorry if I caught it without your approval , but come on I caught one with 10 pokeballs.))

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    OOC:

Editing this post with a bit more info :)

A few news notes:

RAGECANDYBAR, has replaced Namora, we're still waiting on Monochrome.

You may be creative in terms of what the Harbinger says and does, but in terms of the Harbinger's characteristics, he will seem indifferent, and unemotional, he will not praise or degrade your character. He is merely watching for the most part.

I think I got it all :3

Challenges don't have to finish at the end of the day. So saying that, if you would like your day to end (it being night time for your character or something), Just write at the end of your post something like "END of day one".

(lol sorry for these addendum)

pokemongarnet:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Day 1: Part 3

Unnecessary sleeping sequence

The dust began to settle, as well as the feeling of remorse; Phoenix had felt guilty that he made all those Pokémon faint due to his command, but in the long run, it could be them or the world.
    Phoenix began to tire from all the activity in his day, so he took out his sleeping bag, unrolled it and began to sleep. With his Pokemon at his side.

END OF DAY 1

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Day 1, Part 4
    The finale to Day 1, Challenge 1. A rather emotional ending.
    Jasmine decided to watch the proceeding battle from a rock a distance away. Ethan looked at her for a long moment, So much like her, but she isn't real, he thought bitterly. The familiar beam of light came down from above and from it materialized the foe Ethan was dreading to face: Markus, or, at least a crystalline-copy of him.
    The Markus clone stepped forward, and Ethan knew he was exactly like the real thing; same swagger, same crooked smile, same cold eyes. "Well, well, well," Markus began, his voice like shattering glass, "I honestly have to say I'm quite surprised to see you've made it this far." He was mocking Ethan. Ever since their first encounter, Markus had trumped Ethan, and let him know it too.
    "Well, when you battle with confidence and raise your Pokemon with love and respect, you'd be surprised by how much you can accomplish." Ethan knew Markus's weakness; he didn't raise Pokemon with care and Markus hated when people told him that. To each boy, the other was their polar opposite.
    Markus glared, "Shut it, weakling! My Pokemon are outstanding! Let me show you!" Quickly grabbing a crystal PokeBall, Markus pitched it; revealing a menacing looking Dragonite, "Hahahahahah! Remember this guy, Ethan? Dragonite here absolutely trounced you and nearly caved in Mt. Moon in Kanto! "
    Ethan gulped. He remembered all too well the powers Markus's Dragonite held. And now, he was facing an exact duplicate of it. Poli was shaking slightly beside Ethan. Poli had fought against Dragonite at Mt. Moon and nearly died in the process. "Poli," Ethan said, "Don't worry. We'll beat him this time, okay?" Poli shook a moment longer before getting it together and nodding in response.
    "Unlike your past two battles, I will be commanding Dragonite. Are you ready, Ethan? Because here I come!" Markus leapt backwards onto a large boulder and pointed at Poli, "Dragonite, use Thunder!" Dragonite let loose a huge roar and a thunderbolt came down from the sky!
    "Poli! Dodge it and use Ice Beam!" Poli rolled aside just in time and launched an Ice Beam attack! The blue ray hot Dragonite's wing, freezing it and preventing it from flight. "Good job! Use Blizzard!"
    "I don't think so!" Markus was furious, "Dragonite! Use Earthquake!" Dragonite roared and stomped the ground with its massive leg, causing a tremendous tremor that sent Poli sprawling. The surrounding wild Pokemon scattered. Jasmine was clinging to her seat atop the rock for dear life.
    "Ethan!" Jasmine cried out.
    "Don't worry, I've got you!" Ethan brought out a PokeBall with a white, heart-shaped sticker and tossed it in Jasmine's direction, "Valentine! Save Jasmine! Extremespeed!" Valentine the Togekiss was released from his PokeBall and flew with blinding speed to save Jasmine.
    "Valentine," Jasmine said with relief once on the back of the Togekiss, "I haven't seen you a while. Thanks for saving me!" Valentine purred in response, completely unaware that the Jasmine on his back was not the Jasmine he knew.
    "Valentine!" Ethan called, "Keep Jasmine safe while I finish this!" Valentine nodded and flew off with Jasmine to a rocky outcropping some distance away.
    "Finish this? I believe that job is my honor!" Markus yelled, "Dragonite, Thunder!"
    "Poli!" Poli leapt to his right, avoiding another instant K.O. "Blizzard!" Poli unleashed a blizzard that pelted Dragonite, freezing its other wing. "Good! Now, Dynamic Punch!"
    "Hahahah, get real! Dragonite, stop it! Strength!" Dragonite caught Poli's oncoming attack in its huge paw and smirked evilly. Poli looked crestfallen. Dragonite swung its arm back and launched Poli into a massive boulder. Upon impact, the boulder erupted into pebbles, Poli slumped to the ground.
    "Poli! No!" Ethan ran to Poli's side and stooped to one knee. Making sure Markus wasn't listening, he was ordering Dragonite to prepare for an attack, Ethan whispered, "use Rest, don't make it obvious, act like you're knocked out." Poli blinked to show that he heard the command and used Rest.
    "Ahahahahahahah! You've lost, Ethan! I've beaten you once again!" Markus boasted. "Dragonite! Finish the job! I want that Poliwhirl to die! Focus Punch!"
    Ethan held on to Poli, feigning grief, "Please! Spare my Poliwhirl!"
    "SPARE your Pokemon? You must be kidding!" Markus laughed sinisterly, "You don't deserve to survive!"
    "Now, Poli! Sleep Talk!" Ethan rolled to his left, getting out of Poli's way. Poli moved his arms before him; eyes still closed, and launched an Ice Beam attack.
    "WHAT?!"
    The Ice Beam hit Dragonite dead-center, causing it to fall over, K.Oed. Markus looked at the defeated dragon, and watched in utter disbelief as it vanished. Ethan smirked, "Looks like you lose, Markus. Thanks to your cocky attitude and lack of compassion for Dragonite, you lost."
    Markus was trembling in fury, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I NEVER LOSE! I NEVER LOSE! YOU!" Markus pointed at Ethan, his eyes flaming and extended arm trembling, "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO WIN!" Markus leapt from the rock and ran at full-tilt towards Ethan.
    From the outcropping, Jasmine watched the Dragonite disappear, and Markus running to attack Ethan. "Oh no, Ethan! Valentine, use Extremespeed, we have to stop Markus!" Valentine, unsually, responded. A small secret between Ethan, Jasmine, Mr. Pokemon, and the Daycare-Couple, was that Ethan's Togekiss is actually the offspring of Jasmine's two Togetic. She hopped on her grand-Pokechild's back and the two sped off towards Markus and Ethan.
    Ethan was frozen in shock. Is this why Markus never let me win? Is it because he can't handle defeat, and wanted to spare me his fury? Ethan just watched in slow-motion as a ferocious Markus-clone rushed towards him with hatred in his crystal-eyes. And then, he saw it. A white mass with a girl atop it, tackling Markus to the ground at such high-speed that Ethan heard, and saw, the crystal that composed Markus crack.
    "Ethan!" Jasmine jumped off of Togekiss and embraced Ethan in a hug, "Are you okay?! I saw that monster charging at you. Thank Arceus, Valentine still listens to me!" Jasmine began crying into Ethan's shoulder. Ethan stood rigid; he was now in shock about how Jasmine was behaving. Meanwhile, Valentine had landed beside Poli and was engaging the passive Pokemon in conversation.
    She's…just like her…Ethan took Jasmine in his arms and whispered to her softly, "Its okay, I'm alright. Everything's alright…" The Markus-clone had disappeared. And now a beam of white light came down and entered Ethan's PokeGear, displaying a message:
    END of Day 1

Years
  • Lucas: Day 1, Part 3
    In which Lucas completes his first task.
    Lucas wandered through the jungle, slashing his way through the thick foliage. He didn't even notice when he tread on a Rattata's tail. He just mindlessly wandered onwards, not knowing which direction he was headed, and not caring, either. Nothing mattered. Nothing was important. After all, he was no better than a murderer now. In fact, I am a murderer... Lucas laughed at the irony at it all. He was permitting himself to feel no emotion, fearing if he did, he would burst out in tears again. Soon, I'm going to wake up. All of this will be a dream. I'll be at home, and continue life as normal. But somehow, Lucas knew that this all was real. The only thing he could do was continue slashing at the vines, not thinking about his task, and just doing it.

Finally, Lucas reached a clearing with a small brook lying within. And bathing in that brook was the Pokemon he was looking for, Celebi. "Time to get you," Lucas muttered, sent out Growlithe. Growlithe looked around quickly, and then looked up at Lucas, as if to say, 'Where are we?' Lucas brought a finger up to his lips, signaling Growlithe to be silent, and pointed towards Celebi. "On my signal," Lucas whispered to Growlithe, "You will run in and use Flame Wheel. Got it?" Growlithe nodded, and then turned in a getting-ready-to-sprint position facing the Celebi. "GO!" Lucas yelled, and Growlithe ran towards the Celebi.

"Bii?" Celebi turned and looked at the charging Growlithe, gave a quick gasp, and then flew towards the jungle. But before it could get out of the clearing, Growlithe hit it with a Flame Wheel. Celebi was knocked down, and slowly floated back up.

"Quick, before it has a chance to recover, use Ember!" Lucas called to Growlithe, and Growlithe quickly complied. Celebi was knocked down again, but then a light began to grow around it. Stupid Recover, Lucas thought, then yelled to Growlithe, "Now Growlithe, use Bite!" Growlithe pounced on the Celebi and bit into it hard. The Celebi cried out in pain, but to no avail. Then, unexpectedly, Celebi grinned. Lucas saw rocks rising, and realized what Celebi was doing. "Growlithe! Get out of there!" Growlithe looked back at Lucas, Celebi still clenched in it's mouth, just to get an Ancient Power to the face. Growlithe was launched back into a tree, spitting Celebi out in the process. Growlithe tried to stand up, but fell back down, wincing in pain. "Growlithe, that's enough. Let's get you back here. Come on out, Umbreon!"

Umbreon came out of the Pokeball in a flash of red light. "Umbreon! Use Pursuit!" Lucas yelled again, and Umbreon charged at Celebi. Celebi cried out as it was hit, and then fell onto the ground. Umbreon and Lucas waited for it to get back up, but instead, a light came down from the sky and circled the Celebi. A message appeared on Lucas' watch:

[I have revived this Celebi to full strength so that it may show you the way out of this jungle. Remember, The Harbringer is watching.]

As soon as Lucas finished reading the message, the Celebi started moving into the forest. Lucas and Umbreon quickly followed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the Celebi left them at the edge of the forest, Umbreon quickly settled into a pile of leaves and promptly fell asleep. However, for Lucas, it wasn't that easy. As he lay in his sleeping bag, images of the slain Arbok kept moving through his thoughts, and it's last cry haunted his eardrums. Will I ever get out of this? Lucas thought, as he drifted off into sleep...

End of Day 1
    ((OOC: Another question, does sleeping heal Pokemon? If so, to what extent?))

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Spikey-Eared Pichu:

Spoiler:

Grishnax:

Spoiler:

OOC

Grishnax's question: Sleeping heals their stamina for the most part. If for example a pokemon is stabbed, sleep may only recover the pain of it, and enable them to continue forth. So it solves the immediate problems. (Lol the games do have their loopholes sometimes)

EDIT:

I'll also get my post(s) up either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    OOC: Agh! Sorry for not explicitly saying it guys, all Day 1 posts, will be just during day one. Once you say your day has ended, and everyone else as well, day 2 can begin.

Exceptions of course for those who are busy.

Remember too, that challenges don't have to finish before the end of the day, so you can end your day mid challenge.

I'm giving the next challenge now, just so that you can get a head start in writing it. Or of course you can have it so that you can do two challenges in one day, if you think the timing is appropriate.

Hope to have an OoC thread soon too. :3

And I should have my own post up later tonight.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2010
    Day 1, Part 3
    Holy crap, my subtitle thing has caught on! I'VE STARTED A TREND!
    In which Caira is dragged a mile through cinders by a homesick Golbat.

Smoky clouds crept lazily across the sky, providing some small relief to Caira from the blazing sun. In these circumstances, most people would accept that life gave them a break and relax. Caira is not like most people. Caira was busy being distracted by other matters.

You see, Caira was busy kicking small Pokemon in the face.

Caira had a decent enough excuse. A wave of fire types had figured out she was going for the egg, and she was now being mobbed by a small army. It would be good to note that Caira is at the level of morality where she often kicked much harder than necessary, and didn't mind much if she heard a snapping of bones.

"Quil!" A Quilava slammed against her leg causing her to topple over. Smoke engulfed her nose as her pants leg caught fire. As the scatter ashes along the ground burnt her skin, she grasped for a random Pokeball. The Quilava pounced again. She flicked out her leg, catching it in the chest. It flew back out a few feet, and a cloud of ash flew up as a Growlithe climbed up over it. She knew she should've been bothered by the snapping of ribs coming from the fallen animal, but considering the fact it had just tried to kill her, she was apathetic.

"Pokemon, Go!" Light burst out from the pokeball she had managed to grasp, and a fluttering of wings was heard. Conrad the Golbat flew up into the air circled quietly overhead, watching. Caira sat up and made a mental note to punch it later. If she could get out another one of her Pokemon-

"Lithe! Grow lithe!" She felt hot burning coals from an ember attack smash into her side, quickly followed by a rough slam from the small pokemon. Pushed back on to the ground, she attempted to pick herself back up.

"Busk! Combusken!" Sharp claws rapped into her sides, making her very thankful for the bulletproof vest. Looking up, she saw a several more pokemon mobbing her than she would've preferred. A Rapidash stomped her from the left , and her arm was feeling warm to the point of pain. More were coming, and while she managed to punch and kick off a few, more kept on appearing.

"Harbinger…help…ngh…," She murmered. Crap, she couldn't freaking die on her first challenge! She looked up in hopes of some heavenly light, but all she saw was a quick light emerging from Conrad's mouth.

"Golbat! Battaaee!" A large cyan ball burst on to the mass of pokemon as it released a Confuse Ray. Whinnies and growls and roars erupted into the air as tens of pokemon lost all clue of what was going on. Golbat dived towards the charcoal rock, wings glowing in a vicious Wing Attack.

"Con, over here," Caira attempted to shout, although it came out more as a screech as she saw the blue Pokemon gliding towards her. She saw the world fade out as Conrad clamped on to her arm with powerful teeth.

-----

Two hours later, Caira and Conrad were huddled into a small burrow about a thirty minute's walk away from the cave.

"Fine. I'll admit it. You can actually be useful sometimes." Caira admitted as she sprayed a Burn Heal on the Golbat's wing. About half its body was red and throbbing, not to mention the claw mark embedded on his back. Caira finished wrapping a bandage and released it back into the Pokeball. "Take a rest."

Now, she'd get to fight a Charizard with a few thousand burns and scratches around her body. Caira stopped to wonder if it was sad that she'd have gotten less if she hadn't been dragged a mile through cinders and lava pools by Conrad.

Thinking about it, maybe she deserved a rest, too. She'd only gotten here a few hours ago, but the sun was sinking low and she'd need some time to heal from her wounds.

Not that that was the reason. It would've just violated her chivalry to snatch the egg away during the night. That was it. Of course.

END OF DAY ONE

RAGECANDYBAR

+20 HP
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    OOC: Putting my SU here in a spoiler tag due to length. It's not finished, but all I have left is the RP sample; I just wanted to let you know I was mostly done.

EDIT: Done and done!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back