• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'd like to be strategical...

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
Years
  • When it comes to Pokemon, I usually get rid of all the defensive moves and just stick with pure offensive moves just to get through the game quicker (I call it "Pokemon Button-Mashing"). However, now that I made it through the first eight gyms and I'm now level crunching my team to sweep through the Elite Four, I decided that maybe I should start developing strategical movesets for my team just to make things more interesting for me.

So, here's my team and their current (nonstrategic) movesets.

Audrey (Meganium) Lv. 42
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Overgrow
    Item: Miracle Seed
    Magical Leaf / Synthesis / Petal Dance / Frenzy Plant

Daniel (Noctowl) Lv. 35
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Item: Quick Claw
    Confusion / Fly / Roost / Air Slash

Roxette (Ninetails) Lv. 40
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Item: None
    Ember / Flamethrower / Payback / Fire Spin

Sally (Ampharos) Lv. 39
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Static
    Discharge / Thunderpunch / Thundershock / Charge

Neil (Lapras) Lv. 41
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Item: NeverMeltIce
    Surf / Brine / Ice Beam / Perish Song

Stella (Stantler) Lv. 26
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Intimidate
    Take Down / Shadow Ball / Hypnosis / Stomp

You can see my stress on piling up offensive moves on all of my Pokemon (and I really need to level them up). I am quite new to the lingo used when it comes to strategy with Pokemon (For example, Tank, Sweeper, etc. is all foreign to me). This is my main team, and I don't really plan on switching any members out for the sake of one with a different type of nature. However, I am willing to switch out one or two for another Pokemon that would make this team more well-rounded.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • You helped me, so I guess I should return the favour ^_^

Ok, first: Noctowl is not too good of a Pokemon... I'd rather go with Fearow or Dodrio, just because these know much better STAB moves and are overall more useful.

Second: Because of the nature of your Lapras, I would suggest teaching it Avalanche rather than Ice Beam, because it is physical... Adamant nature decreases Sp. Atk and raises Atk. Also, it would rather like Waterfall more than Surf/Brine for the same reason.

Third: Ninetales needs Will O Wisp instead of Fire Spin... Ember needs to be taken away too... Maybe replace it with Dark Pulse.

Fourth: Ampharos needs Power Gem. Oh, and Meganium would of ennjoyed Light Screen or PoisonPowder...

That is all for now ^_^
    Hope I helped xD

Back