• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for future pokemon games.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
  • Dont know if this has been suggested or anything but id like some way to change wild pokemon, what i mean is take diamond for example for me the wild pokemon wasnt too great. One fire i think. They have evolutions for pokemon from previous games yet you cant get them until you complete the story of the game, this I do not like. I would love to walk into some grass and see a wild yanma or something. They could either make the wild random everytime you start a new game to incorporate all the pokemon we dont see anymore or instead of having 14 routes with starlys in it, have like 4 with starlys, 4 with pidgys etc. Same with the likes of wurmple and caterpie and weedle. This way it will make the game last longer because you can go for different teams to go through the story. Everytime i start with diamond or pearl I find myself with nearly the same team everytime because there isnt much choice. This way every pokemon will be in the game at some point. Just something along the lines of that. I dont know if its possible but i personally like the part of catching and raising a pokemon to go through the story rather than waiting till i get the national dex at the end and then just catching them for my collection. I know people will suggest trading and stuff but I only like trading if im just going to add it to a collection, ones i raise i want to catch myself and raise them without the added exp for being traded etc!

*rant over*

Anyways I cant wait for Platinum!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you're asking for a storyline for the game that Nintendo/Gamefreak will probably make after Platinum is released, don't start thinking they'll change the classic version. The trainer shall go out, get his or her first Pokémon, battle Gym Leaders, do side quests, attempt to catch 'em all, battle the Elite Four, battle the Champion, go off to an island for a quest after beating everything, trade with the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum games andthe game shall have enhanced graphics, like all the time.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • If you're asking for a storyline for the game that Nintendo/Gamefreak will probably make after Platinum is released, don't start thinking they'll change the classic version. The trainer shall go out, get his or her first Pokémon, battle Gym Leaders, do side quests, attempt to catch 'em all, battle the Elite Four, battle the Champion, go off to an island for a quest after beating everything, trade with the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum games andthe game shall have enhanced graphics, like all the time.

You forgot to mention the entirely predictable team of thugs, which the trainer takes down. That batch of thugs will travel around the Region, ruining things for companies and trainers, until the trainer comes and beats the living daylights out of their Pokemon, and hand over whatever it is they stole. Meanwhile, the boss of them will be cooking up a plan to either steal the Legendary Pokemon, or manipulate them to cause some sort of disaster that the trainer has to mop up, afterwards.

Oh; and Nintendo aren't forced to allow you to trade to the potential "Generation V" Pokemon game, since if you look at it, Generation I and II could only trade with each other. Generation III and IV can only Pseudo-Trade with each other.

So, the possibility that Generation V will not be able to trade with Generation IV is there; however, my theory on why II could not trade with III is because of abilities being introduced. With Generation V, they have no real reason to block trading with D/P/P.

But I view it as one of those unconfirmed Pokemon trends; much like the Remake trend; that can't be confirmed, because like the Generation Bridge being broken for Generation II and III, we can't say for sure if they will make remakes for G/S/C, because the Remake trend has only occurred once, and probably only has a span of happening only twice. Whereas the Generation Bridge should only logically happen once, because of the mass differences between the Generations of past. Not to mention, you'd have been able to Pseudo-Trade R/B/Y Pokemon, too, and Nintendo can't have you doing that, with their biggest money-maker. (which I'm kind of hinting at that they'll more than likely end up giving us a G/S/C remake, because they know it will bring in money)

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • I'd like to see a Pokémon game on the Wii that has an RPG Mode. Kind of like Colosseum or XD mixed with the handheld games. Except the wild Pokémon are actually wild - instead of walking into the long grass the Pokémon can be seen frolicing in the forest, etc.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • They won't make anything better because of their money-making machine. Every future game will have the same boring plotline, the same boring Pokemon in every route, and the same boring game plan.

That's why I have so much faith in fangames.

Years
  • So, the possibility that Generation V will not be able to trade with Generation IV is there; however, my theory on why II could not trade with III is because of abilities being introduced. With Generation V, they have no real reason to block trading with D/P/P.

Put simply, the reason II could not trade with III is because of the hardware change. II was on Game Boy Color and III was on Game Boy Advanced. There was too much of a difference in the technology. Technologies aside, when GSC had backwards trading with RBY, RBY was already out. GSC couldn't do both backwards and future. When GSC was out, RSE was most likely in planning stages, at the earliest, if any.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • They won't make anything better because of their money-making machine. Every future game will have the same boring plotline, the same boring Pokemon in every route, and the same boring game plan.

That's why I have so much faith in fangames.

It's very unfair to say that it will ALWAYS be like that. And even if it is, doesn't mean they can't mix it up big time.

Look at Mario. Every single Mario game (platform game that is, no side ones or RPGs) have the same idea (except Mario 2, but the second version of series back then was always different, e.g. Zelda, FF). Bowser captures Peach, Mario goes on an adventure through many different levels to save her. That's always how it is. However, look at how much the games have evolved. Starting with Mario Bros., then Mario Bros. 3, then Mario World, then Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and now Mario Galaxy. It has truly been a very different game in many ways, despite being "the same boring plotline" etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    yoomtah has a good point just because its the same plot doznt mean they cant add a mix of new quests and such

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • I just want to simply put, how bout changing the plot in the future games? I mean you do the same thing in everyone of the games except the Pokemon Ranger games and the few gamecube/ wii ones.

EDIT: Oh gosh, I need to read more of the replies =/

Years
  • I sort of have to disagree with the original post.
    If it's random,what could happen if somebody found larvatars,riolus,and Skarmorys early in the game?
    It would be completely unfair to the person that just found igglypuffs,bidoofs,and Dunsparces!

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • I sort of have to disagree with the original post.
    If it's random,what could happen if somebody found larvatars,riolus,and Skarmorys early in the game?
    It would be completely unfair to the person that just found igglypuffs,bidoofs,and Dunsparces!

Just make them mostly equal in stats. Don't let them get strong ones there. Just something more than the same thing over and over. And not only were pretty much the ONLY wild pokemon Starly, Bidoof, and Shinx, but so were all the trainers' pokemon.

There are plenty of weak pokemon they can use to mix it up more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    They should enchance the Pokemon Contest... And make you chose either becoming a Trainer or Coordinator...

Back