• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for next generation Pokemon game

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    A while ago I saw a comment on a Pokemon-related Youtube video, explaining a really cool idea for a new Pokemon game. This guy basically was saying how cool it would be to have a more open-world game, based mainly at the Wii and WiiU with battles over the internet in real time, with a more adult subject and more violence in the fight.

As you make moves, there will be different effects to the terrain. For example, if you were to use a move such as earthquake or magnitude, the terrain would crumble, possibly harming your enemy. He said the main character should be Red. I agree with this because I think that Nintendo are creating too many characters and not developing them enough. The story would be Red regaining his place to the top of the Pokemon League, which should be an entire world Pokemon League, rather than having them concealed to one region.

What do you think guys? I think this is a great idea. Btw this is my first post in these forums so tell me if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If this is supposed to be a main game idea, then it would definitely not be on a Wii or Wii-U console. Main games are always on a handheld. So, taking into account the next generation is VI, I'm sure it's a safe guess that this will be a 3DS game.

Now, the idea of Red as a main character...no thanks. He's not interesting at all. Not really any of the main game protagonists have as much character development that we see. Part of Pokemon is that the main character is who you make him/her to be, so their development in-game is the generic "you've gotten so strong omg!" from friends and professors. You might have come up with a story which details their development, or even your own skill level while playing the game has increased. Whatever you wanna think, really. But there's not really much development for the character that is mentioned in-game, so character development on a main character in a Pokemon game just isn't totally there. So idk why you're saying "they're not developing the characters enough" because they never really do with playable ones. Red is overrated anyway. I'm fine with new protagonists each generation. It would be boring to play one we've already been.

Now, as for features I'd want in the future...I'd love follow-me to make a return. I'd also love HMs to not be such a hassle. This was accomplished in BW, but I'd still like to not see the "The water is a deep blue. Would you like to Surf?" Just...let me press and by the water and the game know I'm gonna Surf, please. lol I think that'd be more efficient.

Years
  • What would the point of more violence be? Not saying that to discount the idea. I just want to know what violence would add because I don't see that as an improvement.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I can't see them adding too much more violence to be honest. Pokémon is a game that's played by a lot of children, so (whether you agree with it or not) the parents would be up in arms if there were more violence added.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • I don't like the idea, it just doesn't seem interesting. As much as I would love an open world pokemon game, the idea that was posted just doesn't seem right. My guess is that if that game was released it would get horrible sales.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • It's fine - do what works, and all.

But Red should not be a character. They're all so boring. Seeing them all change every generation is the only redeeming part about the main character. It gives a fresh new touch to a boring person.

Anyways my point is I don't want to see him in my game ever again.

And more violence is dumb without a reason. And so is less. If there's a reason, I'm sure GF will do it - they've been trained in game design after all. They should know that basic point. And there's no reason to reduce violence either - there's a ratings system, use it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2012
    Its pretty cool idea, but honestly I think the next pokemon stadium should be completely real time like super smash bros brawl. and just add all the pokemon that you have direct control over and all their moves. And you could keep the different strengths and weakness and use an hp system.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • No i do not want a super smash bros type of battle system

Im sick of ssb now

If they would add new features to the existing battle system they make it more like the anime whereas you can command your pokemon to "dodge by digging" or " jump and avoid an attack and use mach punch"

The way technology in games is advancing i can see this actually happen and its very possible

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    I really actually don't mind the current system of a new hero, in a new region, with new Pokemon. I mean traveling between past regions would be cool, but I'm fine with the way games have been developed. Granted new features'll probably be implemented, but I don't know about changing the entire face of the main series games.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The gameplay of the main series Pokemon games does not need to change.
    A more open-world game with terrain changes on a home console is an interesting idea, but is best left for spin-offs. As for the character: while Red is cool in that he has an amazing team, he only really has nostalgia appeal on his side. There's no reason for a spin-off to star him, or any other future main game to star him (unless remake-remakes happen, but that's a completely different story).

Back