• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Really Tough Task , but very cool!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2008
    [Idea] Pokemon 'FlashBack/Mysteria' | Pokemon 'Double Adventure'

Think of it -
    You play a pokemon game.. the tiles are cool , storyline , starters , graphics
    and whatever not.
    but the time comes , and what happends? you finished the game.
    you'r very dissapointed because finding another good hack is quite hard ,
    but what if..?

We all get bored after the first time playing , and starting a new one is useless , unless you want to check out the other starters.
    what if u could make in 1 pokemon game , 2 adventures? 2 Storylines? 2 Endings?
    Pokemon Sides (Optional)​
    Lets say there are 2 teams in the game (F/e Team light and Team Dark)
    lets say u chose the first one , Team Light. you start in Light Village
    and ur task is to stop Dark team from stealing legenderis or W/e
    and u finish up in Dark Village against the last boss.
    then u finish the game.. what now?
    now u start a new game. this time you choose in the title screen - DARK TEAM!
    You start in Dark Village and ur task is not to let Light Team stop you
    and ur game will end in Light Village.
    Got it?
    Its like making 2 games but in 1 game.
    Is it possible? - I hope.
    If it were , would u play it?

Dont flame :]
    if someone thought about it tell me. Im new here.
    Peace

EDIT:Another idea just came up.
    Pokemon Flashback​
    A hack of FireRed/Ruby.
    You start as a Hero/ine named _____ (Have'nt thought of names)
    Storyline:
    You wake up in ur bed. another bad dream and weird nightmares.
    it keeps coming back , each time , diffrent one , scarier , weirder and more mysterious.
    the only thing keeps u in mind is ur birthday coming , and ur first pokemon ur dad promised.
    [...] the day has comed. You'r thrilled , and itchy to get ur first pokemon.
    You get to the lab and wonder.. : Which pokemon should I choose?
    You have Ghastly (Kinda problem because of not effected/ing from/of Normal)
    and Abra (Another problem , need to change the TM's because of teleport).
    -You choose a pokemon-
    Now you'r having fun with ur new pokemon , training him and stuff..
    but in the middle.. everything turns black.
    ur head is exploding , ur eyes are almost poping out ,you suddenly faint.
    you wake up in a black & White city called _____.
    some woman , which describes as ur mom calls u.
    but wait.. thats not ur name.. its someone's else name.. Weird.
    you get another "First pokemon".
    you PlayPlayPlayPlayPlay and suddenly Again , that whole scene keeps happening.
    you wake up in the Pokemon Center , people say that u started twiching and fainting.
    Everything is colorfull again.

WHO are you?
    WHY do you keep flashbacking? and why does it keep coming?
    WHAT have u done in the past?

Discover who are you and what makes u suffer so much , with ur pokemon , get to the only
    person who can really explain whats happening.

-End-

what do you think about that Idea?
    I think one game had an event "back to the past"
    but im talking about gameplay.
    it really sounds awsome on the paper.

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    It's possible. But, in a Pokémon game, there's little point (unless they intertwine or something. That could be fun). I mean, you might as well just make two hacks, overall.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    It is possible, but it would require some playing around with the intro speak to get the code for each team to work. Only thing I can think of is that the scripts would be insanely difficult to make a multi-choice game. However, yes, I most definitely would play it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2008
    [Cy-chan]
    Yeah but then all the idea goes away.
    You could make them meet each other in several points.

[Faint Brushfire]
    thanks for the reply , yeah , I know its a tough one , but extremly worth it .
    I have another Idea , check my first Comment

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, I am actually going to make a decision-based game. There won't be a drastical change in the game experience, but significant enough to make the player curious and ask what would happen, if...

If you want to make the gameplay completely differen based on a major decision, that would be sure hard but with a bunch of variables and flags in scripts it will be possible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2008
    Martin , I have completly no clue about Pokemon Editing .
    the only good thing I am is a creative mind.
    I come up with really cool ideas and storyline.
    so I think.
    what do you think about pokemon Flashback?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, this would require ASM - palette change, or it could be done through cheaper method...

So, the story seems to be good. Why don't you try and look into the Documents and Tutorials section and start with small edits to ROM, and as you proceed, you may be able to reach your goal.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    Developing a game with 2 endings and 2 storylines isn't hard. If you were going to have a game like Oblivion, then that would be difficult. (I'm trying to do that. :P)

Faint Brushfire: HARUHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Developing a game with 2 endings and 2 storylines isn't hard. If you were going to have a game like Oblivion, then that would be difficult. (I'm trying to do that. :P)

Faint Brushfire: HARUHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm guessing it would be hard for someone who is inexperienced at hacking and/or scripting.

And yes, Haruhi is god. :P

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    I had a similar idea where you choose if you want to be a boy or girl and use the check gender script to determine when you can go where.
    ie. the 1st 4 badges and team one for the boy are the last 4 padges and team 2 for the girl, because you start in the same town but the boy leaves in one way and the girl in another, but they meet up in certain towns throughout the game, and these towns are in between the male half and female half, although it will be a LONG time before I work on it because of previous (unreleased) hacks I'm working on...

Back