• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea Thread] PC Battle League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Approved by Wolflare

PC Battle League

Basically, I came up with a concept for a "League" a while ago, with Vrai on MSN. I PM'd it to Wolflare, and gained his approval, but I forgot about it. Anyhow, the purpose of this thread is to throw around ideas, on how to make this league "work", so to speak, as well as improving my original implications for the league.

Original Concept:

Spoiler:

The Points System: So basically, here's how the points system works. You get 2 points for each win, plus 1 point for each extra Pokemon remaining. For example, if I lost to Vrai 6-0, then Vrai would get 7 points, 2 for the win, and 5 for the 5 extra Pokemon he had, remaining. Both players get 2 points in a draw, and you get 0 points for a loss. The teams with the most points in their respective division, moves on to the playoffs, with 2 wild cards.

Divisions: So basically, we have 4 divisions in this league of ours, each consisting of 4 players and named after a threat in the B/W Metagame. Players will get to choose what Division they're in, when they fill out their sign-up form. I was thinking of throwing a challenge on battlers in their respective division each week, to spice things up. Also, the Divisions' nifty logos can be found below.

Spoiler:

Stuff to Consider:

-Is the draft a good idea, or should we let players use whatever Pokemon they want, to build their teams?
    -Is 16 too big of a number to start with?
    -Is the points system a good idea, or should it be changed, somehow?
    -How do we attract people who aren't totally comfortable with the metagame?
    -Do you like the idea of unique divisions and division choice?
    -How is the playoff system?
    -Who is going to step up and provide the actual thread with CSS?
    -Other Stuff

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I love the idea of a 2 points per win + 1 for each remaining pokemon,
    and I do think 16 people may be too much at the beginning.

Leagues are fairly deserted until there well publicized in the forums (take the milky way league, for example).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back